• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Huttball

2: ACW

3: NC

4: Voidstar

I predict this thread reaches 7000 replies, with a 92% hatred vote for Voidstar.

I then predict Bioware makes 2 more Warzones just like Voidstar and tells us that's what their "metrics" told them players loved.

Also

Bioware's Metrics > 1 year of closed beta feedback

Huttball - by far the most uniquely-designed and entertaining warzone.

Novare Coast - similar to Civil War but fresher; I like the dynamic better, there's no no-return point, caps are more flexible.

Civil War - Don't even know.. it's okay.

Voidstar - Post 50, I always end up in a rolfstomp or in a stalemate at the front doors. Sure, big healing numbers are good for my ego, but meh. Then again, maybe I haven't figured out a way to 'play' it yet. I used to hate Huttball too. :p

Edited by IconicNStarwarsy

And the reason for all the love/hate of Huttball is simple - some classes have a crappy role in it. Usually, as an operative, if someone was dumb enough to pass me the ball, my job is to either pass it to someone else immediately, or throw it on the ground, then go back to playing right field, I mean defend mid.

In fact, this is my huttball theme song:

"I took it, and threw it on the groouuuund! I'm not gonna be part of your system!!"

Edited by MobiusZero

1. Huttball

2. Novare Coast

3. Voidstar

4. Alderaan

Side note, reason I dislike Alderaan is because the map highly favors defenders because of the side speeders. If everyone had to go to the center and run, it would make taking sides more easier rather than having to be slowly killed and having to run back from the center while the defenders can all just go there. And if you say take the other side, if you own it doesn't matter.

Edited by Ngamok

1. Huttball

2. Novare Coast

3. Voidstar

4. Civil War

At the moment, Voidstar and Novare Coast are approximately equal to me... I think the new wall in Voidstar in 1.3 will drop it firmly into the #3 slot though.

Edited by shadowflit

1) Novare Coast

2) Huttball

3) Alderaan Civil War

4) Voidstar

Novare Coast seems the least gimicky to me which let's you actually pvp. Spawn points are spaced out enough to reward winning a pvp encounter. AOE being used to prevent capping is offset by the ability to cap from a distance. This addition surprised me at first, but I feel it works exceptionally well.

Huttball can be gimmicky, but it's original and can involve a high dose of strategy. Some classes have an advantage though, but other classes can contribute in a meaningful way once you understand the niche and if you are working together as a team. However...I loathe to see a huttball match full of assassins and sorcs...so perhaps it needs to be reexamined.

Civil War and Voidstar are terrible, terrible designs, in my opinion. After the initial clash of Civil War and two competent teams, it turns into an aoe fest for the controllers. If you have the right class and good timing, 2-3 people can prevent a cap indefinitely against the entirety of the other team on the side turrets because of the direct flights there. This isn't pvp to me.

Voidstar is even worse, and with two competent teams, relies on who has the most aoe and what tick the spawn point is on when your team dies. Spamming aoes is more rewarded than working together as a team to eliminate the other team.

1) Huttball- it overtook ACW for the top spot in my heart a while back. Its the sportsman in me that loves it so much.

2)Alderaan Civil War- the original. Been doing this warzone for almost 2 years now (it was the only WZ for quite a while in the closed beta) nostalgia factor puts this one above novare, but gameplay its about even. An absolute blast to play PUG vs PUG, not as fun premade vs PUG, but Ive been a part of several great comebacks on this map vs premades where we had no business winning but managed to anyways.

3) Novare coast- A simple, fun triangle map, my least played WZ overall, but quite enjoyable. Also a good comeback map - never give up!

4) Voidstar- too easy to tie and have games stalemated, but not a bad WZ, just not a decisive one at times.

I enjoy all of the maps - some more than others depending on what character im playing, and which bracket im playing in. The 10-49 bracket is by far more fun because the parity is much better. A lvl 10 vs a lvl 49 has a better chance than a fresh 50 vs a warhero i find, so unless you get premade vs premade and everyones equally geared, the lvl 50 bracket devolves into the haves vs the have nots, which can make many games dull.

Im all about competition, so the maps that have the most equal teams at the time are the ones I enjoy playing the most.

I'll rank them separately on three metrics, map design, competitiveness and gameplay.

Map Design:

1) Novare

1.5) Voidstar (post room 1)

2) Huttball

3) Voidstar (the rest of it)

4) Alderaan

Competitiveness:

1) Huttball

2) Voidstar

3) Novare

4) Alderaan

Gameplay:

1) Alderaan

2) Novare

3) Huttball

4) Voidstar

Woops, wrong thread.

Huttball is the only one I enjoy, though if I'm really bored, the deathmatch of Voidstar can be mildly amusing.

Alderaan is too simple to be enjoyable, and Novare Coast is pretty much the most retarded map design I've ever seen in an MMO instanced map. Ever.

Edited by revial

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.