Anyone else get an email survey from EA??

NDiggy

Got an email survey from EA today and I have to say it seemed pretty ominous about the future of SWTOR. Basically all the questions were about how much I would be willing to pay for TOR content packages. Did anyone else get this email? Does this mean they're ramping up to go F2P?

They better not go f2p, if they do they better keep some servers p2p with no cash shop items, else I will never play this game again and will return to blizzard titles. Pretty sure a great many will feel the same way, f2p kills a game entirely and degrades it to a who can spend the most marathon, those games are zero fun for avg players not living off daddy's wallet.

As hilarious as I find that to be, you still might want to ensure its legitimacy. Make sure it's actually from EA and isn't a spam or phishing attempt.

Would be awful clever for a phishing attempt or spam.

They go F2P I'll be annoyed. Well depends on their shop and what they offer. If it's similar to LOTRO then I may accept, but if it turns out that I need to spend hundreds of quid just to enjoy endgame then I'll be pissed, would rather spend that money on a flight and slap the board of directors with a big rubber purple one.

Got an email survey from EA today and I have to say it seemed pretty ominous about the future of SWTOR. Basically all the questions were about how much I would be willing to pay for TOR content packages. Did anyone else get this email? Does this mean they're ramping up to go F2P?

EQ2 did a few "Adventure Packs" a long time ago. Some of their first additional content was adventure packs. They were smaller than a full expansion and were only $9 or so. They were pretty cool. It has nothing to do with F2P.

Edit: EQ2 Adventure Packs

Edited by TheBBP

I have seen some brilliant attempts at scams using ToR as their tool to do so, everyone of them looked plausible and official until you closely look at the address that sent the email to you and compare it to official BW emails and I can almost guarantee they don't no were near match each other. I have been a beta tester since the beginning and haven't received any survey, have seen a few BS attempts though, be careful:cool:

Is that the survey that had expantions at $9.99 and you could get a:

Ewok Pet.

and a

"lukeskywalker" speeder.

If so .....

Not legit.

They send them out after you unsubscribe, to all the naysayers.

Doesn't ask for any account info and it's a pretty extensive survey.

Stop being dumb and negative people.

Hmm thats odd, I never got one when I unsubbed.. maybe I am not a naysayer after all?:confused:

Sad thing is, I stopped playing wow (given a long time ago) when i kept receiving emails stating my account was in jeopardy or please update battlenet....I just delete and moved on...But its at a point where I dont believe any emails from Gaming companys....

No, it's highly likely to be a phishing email.

I get emails to update my account, warning I am trying to sell my account & invitations to beta expansions & all for games I do not & never have had an account in, it's a very widespread practice.

e.g. Aion, Runescape,

Never go to any website from an email link, if you play the game go to your account from the official website & check what you need to, 99.9% of the time you'll see that the email was bull.

Hadn't seen "survey scam" email before but anything is possible.

No, it's highly likely to be a phishing email.

I get emails to update my account, warning I am trying to sell my account & invitations to beta expansions & all for games I do not & never have had an account in, it's a very widespread practice.

e.g. Aion, Runescape,

Never go to any website from an email link, if you play the game go to your account from the official website & check what you need to, 99.9% of the time you'll see that the email was bull.

Hadn't seen "survey scam" email before but anything is possible.

This! Been getting such as these, including notices from my non-extant WoW acct that I need to contact blah, blah, blah.....

Be wary!

I just checked my email. I have unsubbed and I did not get any suvery from EA. I actually unsubbed a couple times over the past months and no survey was sent.

but even though this particular email account is not the one I used to register with Blizzard, I did get an email from some person ive never heard of inviting me to play WoW again it says "Darve Wants You to Return to World of Warcraft‏" press this big button for a scroll of resurrection....should I press it???

Edited by Gammawaves

If you've received an actual e-mail, could you PM me the e-mail headers? I'd love to see where it's coming from...

It means the chinese learned some english grammar and finally can come up with flawless phishing attempts.

Edited by Kirameki

I have not, I cancelled maybe a week or so ago?

I cancelled specifically to see this. I don't actually intend on quitting for good.

Edited by islander