TOR is a failure,dont listen to the fanboys

tloops

Although it launched to great fanfare, it's clear that The Old Republic is struggling. Electronic Arts revealed a startling drop of 25 percent of its subscriber base since launch, and has since announced layoffs at BioWare Austin, the team behind the expensive MMO. But, how dire is the situation, really?

One dedicated fan wanted to find out exactly how many people are on The Old Republic's servers. "What is going to happen when server transfers go live," SWTOR user Scorpienne asked. "How many people are on which servers?"

According to Scorpienne's calculations, the "Total Estimated Worldwide Population of all servers" for the past two weeks is 73,693. That figure simply represents the average number of people logged in at a given time, not the total number of players that have logged in over the two week period. "It's probable that not every player is logged in all the time," the report clarifies.

The most populated server on SWTOR appears to be The Fatman, with an average of 2006 players at any given time. This "theoretical average population" is simply an average however, and Scorpienne notes that it "underestimates the peak population and overestimates the off-peak population." However, with 214 servers currently active, the less popular servers are especially empty. In fact, the average server will have only 344 players at any given time (more for RP PvP, less for PvP).

With players so spaced out, it's clear that server consolidations must happen. No wonder one fan of the game jokingly described The Old Republic as "the best single player game on the market."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73961/report-average-old-republic-server-has-less-than-350-players

oh and dont listen to the fanboys,the rose-tinted glasses blind them to reality

Actually you did not prove Swtor is a failure with your post, you pointed out the reasons why they need a server merge or character transfer. Good Job, I agree with your post that people are still playing this game at different times and we need to bring them together so this is not just a greeat single-player game.

Although it launched to great fanfare, it's clear that The Old Republic is struggling.

According to Scorpienne's calculations, the "Total Estimated Worldwide Population of all servers" for the past two weeks is 73,693. That figure simply represents the average number of people logged in at a given time

however, and Scorpienne notes that it "underestimates the peak population and overestimates the off-peak population

with 214 servers currently active, the less popular servers are especially empty.

With players so spaced out, it's clear that server consolidations must happen

Edited by SentinelDranoel

Actually you did not prove Swtor is a failure with your post, you pointed out the reasons why they need a server merge or character transfer. Good Job, I agree with your post that people are still playing this game at different times and we need to bring them together so this is not just a greeat single-player game.
Actually he didn't even do that as the entire body of his post is just ripped off from the article that he linked at the bottom.

Just another troll seeking some love...

*Checks link*

They're making a Shadow of the Colossus movie? I loved the game, but I'm not really sure if it's adaptable. I mean, most of what I loved was the feeling of desolation as you run around. Thoughts?

Edited by Galbatorrix

Actually he didn't even do that as the entire body of his post is just ripped off from the article that he linked at the bottom.

Just another troll seeking some love...

A copy and paste Troll! Lol! They are becoming more common aren't they?

Good to see them out in their natural habitat, the forums. They try the same tact in the game itself but usually fail since they can't copy and paste WoW.

25% drop after launch is startling? Really? What did you expect, that every copy sold would lead to someone signing up for a life-time subscription?

I'm no fanboy by any means, I've been vocal about problems before, some combat issues need to be resolved, both space combat and crafting are wafer thin, random number generator needs to be phased out of all aspects of the game in favour of some statistic that we the players have some influence over (I spent time doing X so that I can do Y better). They need to iron out some bugs and rough edges but the only game-breaker at the moment is population or lack of it.

Transfers, merges, cross server anything will help but we need it now, not soon but now.

btw, did this mysterious number cruncher give any details on server capacity? Like how many people you can have online on one server before you get log-in queues?

So you are saying the game is horrible but it has the best forums in the world and even though you hate the game and every part of it you love the forums so much that you just hang around here for the forum alone?

How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

I dont know about that its going to be hard battle when Elder Scroll Online comes in 2013.

Only Troll in here is this Douc////// person, he has been making this dumb promotional post in every thread. No better than a gold spammer in game. The mods should ban him from forums.

wish is why i have been gone for 14 days now waiting for my Sup to go boof this game is dead i dont know why all this ppl stil pay to play a single player game then again i think i know why they feal this is it this is the last star wars mmo so they dont want to trash talk it they dont want to say that truth the this game is DEAD they dont i think is cool the allot of this players have learn from what they did to SWG they the players where the main point of why SWG die all the bad trash talking made allot of peplo who came to the forum quit and save there money wish in point kill the game if the game is not making $ why keep it going now is sad Cuz SWG was a better MMORPG then this game will ever be this is a REAL REAL REAL SUPER EPIC RPG not a MMORPG you guys is ok leave the game and let it die the will teach Bio-ware to learn how to listen to there Paying costumers faster not 3months down that road WHO IS KILLING THIS GAME BIO-WARE OR EA ONE OF THOS I THINK EA WANT TO HOLD ON THE SERVER TRANFER SO THEY CAN CHARGE us for it or Bio-ware is waiting so they can charge us is all about $ wish in turn they killing the game cuz by the time thos tranfers and mergers come allot of players will be gone **** from 1mill players active at one point to only 77k is *********** crazy IF SWG WAS OUT RIGHT NOW IT WILL HAVE MORE PLAYERS THEN THIS ACTIVE I DONT MEAN accounts running and no one log in

"It's probable that not every player is logged in all the time," the report clarifies.

I am always logged in. 24/7. 7 days a week. Regardless of maintenance. In fact, my entire server is probably always logged in. So I don't know where how he is making this assumption.

And sorry for my spelling and i'm on of thos guys who have some accaount time and i cant log in thes how bad this game is is not even fun Anymore if i want to play a RPG i play Skyrim

or fable THIS GAME IS DEAD GUYS LEARN TO LEAVE WHIT IT IS OK

Although it launched to great fanfare, it's clear that The Old Republic is struggling. Electronic Arts revealed a startling drop of 25 percent of its subscriber base since launch, and has since announced layoffs at BioWare Austin, the team behind the expensive MMO. But, how dire is the situation, really?

One dedicated fan wanted to find out exactly how many people are on The Old Republic's servers. "What is going to happen when server transfers go live," SWTOR user Scorpienne asked. "How many people are on which servers?"

According to Scorpienne's calculations, the "Total Estimated Worldwide Population of all servers" for the past two weeks is 73,693. That figure simply represents the average number of people logged in at a given time, not the total number of players that have logged in over the two week period. "It's probable that not every player is logged in all the time," the report clarifies.

The most populated server on SWTOR appears to be The Fatman, with an average of 2006 players at any given time. This "theoretical average population" is simply an average however, and Scorpienne notes that it "underestimates the peak population and overestimates the off-peak population." However, with 214 servers currently active, the less popular servers are especially empty. In fact, the average server will have only 344 players at any given time (more for RP PvP, less for PvP).

With players so spaced out, it's clear that server consolidations must happen. No wonder one fan of the game jokingly described The Old Republic as "the best single player game on the market."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73961/report-average-old-republic-server-has-less-than-350-players

oh and dont listen to the fanboys,the rose-tinted glasses blind them to reality

This is silly, but I guess you felt you had to do your part contributing to all the tribalistic ******** that goes on around here.

Although it launched to great fanfare, it's clear that The Old Republic is struggling.

you just admitted there that the game is not a failure, it is only struggling, so in your first sentence you have just made a contradiction to the title of your own thread

Greetings,

We know that server population is the subject at the top of our community's concerns right now. Because there are already several threads devoted to this topic, we encourage you to join one of the active conversations below:

Server Population: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=438399

New Daniel Erickson Interview: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463656

Fatman server: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=400984

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for helping us keep these forums a little better organized!