What $15.00 a month *should* get you

Hazed

I want a new content patch.... Every DAY. I want Bioware to send me in game mail thanking me for playing their horrible game at least once per hour and I also want a hot chick sent to my cabin upon request. Otherwise, my 50 cents a day is completely wasted!

I COULD HAVE BOUGHT A PACK OF GUM BIOWARE! NOW MY BREATH DOESN'T SMELL MINTY FRESH AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be able to play my level 50 in WZ and or FP anytime during the day.

Currently I can't play my level 50 at all.

Is that game experience worth paying for?

Yesterday I posted a thread saying Lets make a deal BioWare. You make is so I can actually play my level 50 I'll stay off your forums, They removed the thread.:(

Yup, the mods are out of control on here, hope they are getting the axe too and they will bring some who are more responsible with how they handle the player base on the forums. If BW doesn't like how paying customers talk about their product on their forums they shouldn't have done such a bad job. It's their own fault and they are getting what they deserve.

As a shareholder the Devs were irresponsible with my money. As a player I was lied to and a satisfactory product was not delivered. I do hope they bring someone on who can turn this mess they made around.

Edited by LohKey

Yup, the mods are out of control on here, hope they are getting the axe too and they will bring some who are more responsible with how they handle the player base on the forums. If BW doesn't like how paying customers talk about their product on their forums they shouldn't have done such a bad job. It's their own fault and they are getting what they deserve.

Sorry, but this post is completely inaccurate. Are you really suggestion that Bioware tries to hide negativity on THIS board? Have you ever actually ready any of the on going threads that have been on the first page forever? Most of the threads are completely negative. All the mods do is lock the redundant ones so that we don't have 20 different versions of the exact same topic.

The game is a muck if you cant see that, well lets just say your not seeing things clearly.

Despite what you might think, your opinion is not a fact anymore than his is.

And OP, you pay $15 a month for access to Bioware servers. That's it.

Not sure which position you sold then. EA's ticker has always been EA. ;)

EA's ticker has not always been EA btw they musta switched symbols to stabilize the price when it fell below $20.00 a share..

--------------------------- c/p

A Ditches 'ERTS' Stock Ticker

Posted December 16, 2011 by James Brightman

EA, for the longest time, has been identified on Nasdaq under the stock ticker ERTS. That's finally changing, however, come December 20, when the publisher will go by the recognizable 'EA' symbol on Nasdaq instead.

EA's had a pretty good 2011, with its stock up 50% during the calendar year. Digital continues to grow for the company, and The Sims Social has enabled EA to make a dent in Zynga's social empire. Zynga just launched its massive IPO, but EA's looking like it could be a solid investment.

from: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-ditches-erts-stock-ticker/

I know about that, and knew it was coming so I sold my ERTS position way before the release of SWTOR. Most people who trade stocks of companies in the video game industry do tend to play the games.. kind of how you know whether your investing in garbage.. which EA has become. They used to believe in making games was akin to art.. now they just want $$$$$$

Most people who buy EA stock are not armchair investors who buy and sell on a whim. The stock market is (even if etrade tries to trick you into thinking it isnt) a long term investment. Most stock that is purchased is not purchased by an individual anyways. The minor people like yourself who may own 100 shares is nothing compared to companies who own 100s of 1000s of shares. Games come and go they do buy and sell on whims.

Sorry, but this post is completely inaccurate. Are you really suggestion that Bioware tries to hide negativity on THIS board? Have you ever actually ready any of the on going threads that have been on the first page forever? Most of the threads are completely negative. All the mods do is lock the redundant ones so that we don't have 20 different versions of the exact same topic.

You obviously haven't seen the ones that were deleted.

EA's ticker has not always been EA btw they musta switched symbols to stabilize the price when it fell below $20.00 a share..

--------------------------- c/p

A Ditches 'ERTS' Stock Ticker

Posted December 16, 2011 by James Brightman

EA, for the longest time, has been identified on Nasdaq under the stock ticker ERTS. That's finally changing, however, come December 20, when the publisher will go by the recognizable 'EA' symbol on Nasdaq instead.

EA's had a pretty good 2011, with its stock up 50% during the calendar year. Digital continues to grow for the company, and The Sims Social has enabled EA to make a dent in Zynga's social empire. Zynga just launched its massive IPO, but EA's looking like it could be a solid investment.

from: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-ditches-erts-stock-ticker/

You know this guy is not 100% accurate. The stock was not up 50% for the year in december. Look here:

http://www.stocknod.com/ERTS-Electronic-Arts-stock-prices.aspx

Also as you can see by this the stock had been below $20 a share in 2009 2010 and 2011. It didnt change anything the stock has always hovered around 15-20 a share since 2009.

Edited by Leggomy

You know this guy is not 100% accurate. The stock was not up 50% for the year in december. Look here:

Also as you can see by this the stock had been below $20 a share in 2009 2010 and 2011. It didnt change anything the stock has always hovered around 15-20 a share since 2009.

Do some basic math, the low was around $15, the high was around $25, that's actually over 50%.

While we all go down with the ship here, I would like to ask what peeps here think their $15.00 should get them in an MMO (with regard to service/design etc).

1 major update per fiscal quarter

Weekly bug fixes

Special Events a few times a year (like the Rakghoul event)

server uptime > 95%

Help Ticket Response time less than 24hrs

If SWTOR can meet or exceed those expectations, then I'll pay my sub for as long as I continue to have fun in the game.

I want a new content patch.... Every DAY. I want Bioware to send me in game mail thanking me for playing their horrible game at least once per hour and I also want a hot chick sent to my cabin upon request. Otherwise, my 50 cents a day is completely wasted!

I COULD HAVE BOUGHT A PACK OF GUM BIOWARE! NOW MY BREATH DOESN'T SMELL MINTY FRESH AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!

Such a modest request in comparison. If you live in a cabin you must have access to pine needles outside, great for stinky breath.

Wrong

July, 1 2011 it hit $24 a share.. I sold in may 2011 at $23 shortly before being given BETA which made me feel waaay better about my decision. So yea EA stock was above $20 for a good part of last year with the hype for this game BF3 etc.

I do DD bro, don't try to paint me as someone who doesn't know *** they are talking about

edit: sorry I think I misunderstood your reply

Edited by Hazed

Such a modest request in comparison. If you live in a cabin you must have access to pine needles outside, great for stinky breath.

Honestly if you live in a cabin who cares what your breath smells like. Bears for example have bad breath too.

Wrong

July, 1 2011 it hit $24 a share.. I sold in may 2011 at $23 shortly before being given BETA which made me feel waaay better about my decision. So yea EA stock was above $20 for a good part of last year with the hype for this game BF3 etc.

I do DD bro, don't try to paint me as someone who doesn't know *** they are talking about

So those numbers from NASDAQ are lying then?

Honestly if you live in a cabin who cares what your breath smells like. Bears for example have bad breath too.

Not true, Bear Grylls uses pine needles to brush his teeth after a lovely night of eating rabbits and worms.

Sorry, during wrath of the lich king most of my tickets were answered via e-mail. I hardly ever saw anyone on my guild actually talk to a GM while online including myself. In vanilla wow I talked to actual game GMs. And as far as EQ. The server I was on didn't have as many live events. BUT, I was a guide for the Veeshan server and we tried our hardest to get tickets answered and try to run at least 1 live event a week.

I talked to live customer service like 30 seconds after i submitted a ticket. Then worked it out via email and they fixed it. Problem solved. Most of the people hear don't understand patience. If you don't like the game how it is now then follow these directions:

1. Unsub

2. Quick spamming the forums on how terrible you think the game is and comparing to MMO's that have been out for a while.

3. Wait for a whil till thy had more stuff.

PROBLEM SOLVED AGAIN!

They didn't make a game for entertainment purposes so that players can have fun? Then maybe, just maybe they are in the wrong business? Because that's exactly what you're supposed to do with making video games, ensure your players have fun. If they aren't, your customers aren't entitled, you're not doing your damn job right. And saying that we should just give then money hand over fist because they made a sub par product and give us the Privelage of playing it, Is being entitled as a company. You are beholden to your consumers and fans. The Video game Industry is literally the only industry that can get away with calling it's life's blood entitled. and is a symptom of the entitlement of corporations all over the place acting like we owe them our money just because they're a corporation.

Look at the state of this game and tell me I'm wrong, I Dare you

My point was videogame company's make games to make money and the more money they make the better. They are a business just like any other in the real world.

When developers are making a game do they set out to make a crap game? I am sure most dont as they love games and want to make the best one they can. Also crap games dont sell (most of the time) so it isnt smart to make one thats crap even if all you care about is the money.

Also when it comes down to fun and swtor Bioware did the job for me I find this game fun in fact the only problems I have with it is it runs like crap and all the bugs and yes they do need to fix that asap.

Edited by lorelthesecond

WOW, There's been huge Changes to MMO and Gamer but it seems that some older players are messing things ups.

I played AO and Some other pre-WOW MMO and It would take ages for an Update. Ages for a bug to be fix....

So those numbers from NASDAQ are lying then?

~15USD a share in dec 2010 to ~25USD a share in nov/dec 2011

From April 15, 2011 it broke $20 and held up there till dec..

but I don't know what were arguing