What $15.00 a month *should* get you

Hazed

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay for "maintenance" and "staff" not for EA to line its pockets and get richer.

Then you should stop playing video games, because no one on earth is making video games that you buy for your enjoyment. EA has overhead and profit margins and you have no idea what either of those are, and it is a very real possibility that the profit margin was anticipated to come in on the back side 2-3 years down the road and they are still losing money so that you can play.

WOW, There's been huge Changes to MMO and Gamer but it seems that some older players are messing things ups.

I played AO and Some other pre-WOW MMO and It would take ages for an Update. Ages for a bug to be fix....

So true, Legend of Mir never had a major update till 1.5, which took over 2 years, but kiddies will just argue by saying "This is 2012" "they had no excuse because they can copy WOW". I lol hard @ mmo nubs faces for brunch.

Then you should stop playing video games, because no one on earth is making video games that you buy for your enjoyment. EA has overhead and profit margins and you have no idea what either of those are, and it is a very real possibility that the profit margin was anticipated to come in on the back side 2-3 years down the road and they are still losing money so that you can play.

really? so why do most other games run F2P? I pay $60 bucks for a copy and that is that.. I pay for the CONTENT as DLC as its released.. so it doesn't make sense that I would be paying an additional $15.00 for overhead/margins etc.. when plenty of online "multiplayer" games are covering these costs on box sales alone.

Unless, all video game companies are being secretly run at a loss by the illuminati so as to further enslave us at the computer??? That wouldn't be rational though now would it?

Edited by Hazed

So true, Legend of Mir never had a major update till 1.5, which took over 2 years, but kiddies will just argue by saying "This is 2012" "they had no excuse because they can copy WOW". I lol hard @ mmo nubs faces for brunch.

WoW is the last game you want to copy when it comes to new content.

You have to wait nine months for a new patch and the only new content you get while you are waiting is $25 mounts and pets you can buy on the Blizzard Store.

really? so why do most other games run F2P? I pay $60 bucks for a copy and that is that.. I pay for the CONTENT as DLC as its released.. so it doesn't make sense that I would be paying an additional $15.00 for overhead/margins etc.. when plenty of online "multiplayer" games are covering these costs on box sales alone.

Unless, all video game companies are being secretly run at a loss by the illuminati so as to further enslave us at the computer??? That wouldn't be rational though now would it?

You think SWTOR made their money back from box sales? Sufficiently enough to run indefinite? They probably made $150m from sales, minus expenses which probably left them with anywhere between 8-22% at a guess.

Edited by DiabloDoom

No... nobody at all is making games because they have a passion for them. People go into an industry notorious for crunch time and poor working conditions because they're all about the almighty dollar.

There are no indy developers and guys making games alone in their basement for the love of it, right?

*Cough*Minecraft*Cough*

Most "Free to play" are only free in name only you end up paying more then $15 a month for them in the long run.

How they do this is they cut off content in the game and if you want access to said content you have to pay more money. They also have cash shops that prey on people with OCD they end up spending $200 a month on crap that makes up for the people that dont spend anything.

As for online multiplayer games you play on X Box and the like they dont have a gm staff to pay, many servers to run and they dont add new content. Also they shut the servers down a few years after the game comes out. They are nothing like MMORPGS.

Edited by lorelthesecond

No... nobody at all is making games because they have a passion for them. People go into an industry notorious for crunch time and poor working conditions because they're all about the almighty dollar.

There are no indy developers and guys making games alone in their basement for the love of it, right?

*Cough*Minecraft*Cough*

I guess we could cough all day long with that. Mortal Online being the biggest example I know as of late, was all about the players and the golden age of UO

You think SWTOR made their money back from box sales? Sufficiently enough to run indefinite? They probably made $150m from sales, minus expenses which probably left them with anywhere between 8-22% at a guess.

If they would have gone F2P off the get-go they would have covered their costs easily. You really believe the game cost 200mil to make?

Anyone who believes they spent that much on SWToR is seriously misguided. It only cost 200mil because people inflate prices for things like "voice acting" to line their pockets with fatter salaries. How much did the guy who does the alien jabber get? I bet he made the most money.. and I bet hes also related to one of the suits..

This will probably go down as the BIGGEST video game/ IP cash grab in history

You obviously haven't seen the ones that were deleted.

I See closed threads all the time. They're almost always either redundant, blatant flame bait or off topic. Do we really need 20 different threads about reduced subs, why people are quitting or pop issues?

**** Guys Stop moning about this game is bad or i get nothing from this membership if you think about it how long would it take you to make such a game and keep adding new and new content you wouldn't click your finger and it would be done i pay my sub and im happy with what i get if you are a star wars fan you will like what you get and not moan about lack of stuff!!!!!

Why oh why do people always forget how much it costs to box and ship all these items. Also they forget that retailers get a chunk of that money. EA also has to pay taxes on all that money. Just have to smh sometimes reading these armchair economists posts lol.

Most "Free to play" are only free in name only you end up paying more then $15 a month for them in the long run.

How they do this is they cut off content in the game and if you want access to said content you have to pay more money. They also have cash shops that prey on people with OCD they end up spending $200 a month on crap that makes up for the people that dont spend anything.

As for online multiplayer games you play on X Box and the like they dont have a gm staff to pay, many servers to run and they dont add new content. Also they shut the servers down a few years after the game comes out. They are nothing like MMORPS.

that is what im saying there is no GM staff in SWToR either! This is a F2P game masked as an MMO in order to sucker $15.00 a month from people who would otherwise spend the $15.00 to download lets say the combined features of 1.2 and 1.3 in one DLC. Instead we have to sit around and WAIT for the content while paying the fee.. I would happily fork over $60 right now if they dropped a DLC xpac with 90% of the features missing from the game at the moment (on an updated hero engine)

If they would have gone F2P off the get-go they would have covered their costs easily. You really believe the game cost 200mil to make?

Anyone who believes they spent that much on SWToR is seriously misguided. It only cost 200mil because people inflate prices for things like "voice acting" to line their pockets with fatter salaries. How much did the guy who does the alien jabber get? I bet he made the most money.. and I bet hes also related to one of the suits..

This will probably go down as the BIGGEST video game/ IP cash grab in history

They could still easily scrap the monthly fee and just charge for DLC packs individually. New warzone? 5 bucks. New flashpoint? 5 bucks. New story quest line for your class? 5 bucks. These packs would include new gear to work towards or other rewards tailored for the type of gameplay found in each pack, and that cannot be claimed without buying the pack.

Edited by Gungan

that is what im saying there is no GM staff in SWToR either! This is a F2P game masked as an MMO in order to sucker $15.00 a month from people who would otherwise spend the $15.00 to download lets say the combined features of 1.2 and 1.3 in one DLC. Instead we have to sit around and WAIT for the content while paying the fee.. I would happily fork over $60 right now if they dropped a DLC xpac with 90% of the features missing from the game at the moment (on an updated hero engine)

I've reported bugs and actually had live people in game chat with me about them. Not really sure what game you're playing. Also, if you honestly don't think this game is worth it, there are plenty of F2P games out there that will suck your wallet dry, if that's what you prefer.

They could still easily scrap the monthly fee and just charge for DLC packs individually. New warzone? 5 bucks. New flashpoint? 5 bucks. New story quest line for your class? 5 bucks. These packs would includ new gear to work towards or other rewards tailored for the type of gameplay found in each pack, and that cannot be claimed without buying the pack.

No thanks. I'd rather them kill the game entirely than to cater to a bunch of whiners that think paying $15 a month is some how a lot of money.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Love how everyone has these rose colored glasses about previous games. Since when did EQ1 have a "steady stream of new content"? They once went a year without adding anything new. GMs that came to you and knew your "plight"? Maybe they knew your problem but they were not able to help with it.

You guys should google a thing called "euphoric recall". I learned about it when I was at a substance abuse seminar. The drug addicts start to only remember the good times and forget the rest once they start getting clean. If EQ was so awesome why did you ever leave?

I lol'd because it's true. I could talk about how awesome WoW was and how I really saw my investment being put back into the game.

The truth to a great game is that it has a beginning and an end. These MMO's will inevitably get old as you will end up doing the same thing over and over no matter how they pitch it to you, because as long as there is cash flow they will have no end. The end will be less glamorous than the idea deserved as it will be driven by loss of subs and inevitably stale content. The story line will just stop. No real end.

And the truth to this game is, it's a continuation of WoW only the story line has changed. Most of the mechanics, ideas and the feel came from previous MMO's and what they have experienced/learned. It was the same for WoW.

You want a better game? Come up with the awesome idea of how to make a great game with no ending. Or develop an MMO with an actual end.

It's ironic that the death of an MMO should be by the hands of the community and not the developers. :rak_03:

Edited by Waterheeter
typo

1 movie ticket, 1 small popcorn and 1 small drink...... if you're lucky.... and that's only for 2hrs of entertainment. :)

Hah ya seriously I spent more on coffee at Starbucks last week than swtor costs me. Cheap entertainment.

Thats a lie there is GM staff in this game the last 4 tickets I have put in it has taken less then 5mins to get back to me thats crazy fast for a GM to get back to you.

As for the GMs themselves well thats another story....