The server transfer recruitment thread

cycao

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server: Lord Calypho

Server type: EU-RP-PVP

If you wish to include your guild or any others:I am in a guild, Death before Dishonor. There are a few good guilds on there and alot of them are very friendly

Estimate of current population: about 100 on fleet durring peak times

How is your community: very well behaved. If you have a question, people acctally have no problem in answering it. General chat is laid back and friendly.

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: PVP pops in 10 mins max. VERY easy to pvp. As for PVE, not many problems there either. There are loads of guilds wrong run content on a regular basis. Failing that, there is often people advertising for FPs on chat.

x

Server:The nightmare lands

Server type:PVE (EU)

Estimate of current population: both fleets get around 80 to 90 players at peak times

How is your community: can be quiet at times but if u ask for help or adivce people are allways ready to give it rather than a simple "look it up u noob" or something, it has a fair level range of players and is possibally helped by having the pc gamer guilds on there but it is a mixed community.

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: pvp can occur quite often and the only problem is doing FP at mid level finding groups for heroics can be hard at mid level but again at certain times its not impossible.

Server: Hydian Way, EU

Server type: PvE

If you wish to include your guild or any others: There's a large number of guilds on there catering to all walks. We've some larger guilds on there that focus on PvP, others on PvE and progression and quite a number of social and casual guilds.

Estimate of current population: We can often hit around 80 on fleet in peak time. We can often hit standard in peak time, although it's been a while since I last saw us at Heavy. It was one of the servers with queues at the start of the game and has certainly been a server that has typically been in the top third for population EU wise.

How is your community: Server atmosphere is very friendly. A lot of people know others and help and discuss things in general. There's quite a bit of banter and fun going on. A lot of players will also do little things like buff you when going past and often send you a greeting when they pass you. Only a few days ago, a good number of us, all from different guilds, all randomly decided to group up on the fleet and start dancing around in the cantina as a small example of community interaction.

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: It' fairly easy for most groups. levelling groups can be a bit harder to find, but all end-game stuff goes well. Level 50 PvP pops every 10mins or throughout the evening with up to 4 warzones going at once that I've been able to tell. A lot of guilds run regular ops as you can often see them popping in and out of the windows on the Gav Daragon. There's quite a lot of interaction between various guilds and helping each other fill slots too, as many of the GM's know each other and help out. Many people know everyone else who PvPs and we tend to know each persons strengths and weaknesses, sometimes PvP can be quite a close battle. I remember doing a PvP this past week and us hitting a score of something like 6-4 in Huttball and a Novare coast that ended with one side on 16% at the end. Overall the community and getting groups is quite satisfying on our server and the atmosphere is always great. Would certainly recommend it as a server to others.

Name a bigger PVP server than the Fatman

This is not the point of this thread, to show that people need to go to the most populated server. It is to show players that there are servers stuck in the middle that with a few more players will go to a nice populated place to play.

This is not the point of this thread, to show that people need to go to the most populated server. It is to show players that there are servers stuck in the middle that with a few more players will go to a nice populated place to play.

Right, and Swiftsure after the aussies left, and with the declining subscribers has become a server with what should be considered a "mid-tier" population. But it's a healthier population than the other PVP servers aside from Fatman, and would be the best option for the new PVP transfers.

^This

And what is the point of merging with the most populated server anyway?

Two or three mid size servers together would rock so much more than dealing with everyone jumping on the largest server and creating the opposite problem.

Server: Krayt Dragon

Server type: PVE

Guild: Covenant of the Phoenix (Republic), CotP (Imperial alts guild). We run ops six times a week (and often have two groups going at the same time) as well as guild events 3 times a week, such as Datacron runs, and games with prizes donated by the officers.

Estimate of current population: Currently 600+ total on prime time weeknights (checked twice last week and once this week, so far)

How is your community: A lot of chat in general, currently 60+ on fleet (Republic) 75+ on fleet (Imperial). People are generally helpful, and players of opposite factions are willing to help each other out if they see someone in trouble w/mobs.

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: Well, I'm in a guild that usually has 30-40 people on (more for events), so finding groups is easy in my case, but it's usually not difficult to find groups with others to do Heroics.

Krayt Dragon is the #14 NA server (and #7 regular PVE NA server). Granted, a higher population would be great, and I hope Krayt Dragon will be a destination server for free transfers, but I think one of the things that's really hurting this game is the notion that if a server doesn't have a population like The Fatman, it's a dead server. Krayt Dragon is pretty lively, and I'm sure there are a number of other servers that are as well. And make no mistake, Diablo 3 has taken a big bite out of every server, but that doesn't mean all those players have quit SWTOR.

the downside of getting transferred to a very populated server especially into a pvp server is you're going to be severely outgeared. Think about it.

Darth Malak :

Server type: PVP

If you wish to include your guild or any others:

Estimate of current population: 40-60 peak time after d3. But good news is, old players are returning so expect this number to go up as well as other peeps will be transferring to Malak.

How is your community: Imp dominated, if you like a challenge and you're a repub, please go to our server. Great PVP'ers.

We need repubs, and a great guild of troopers will transfer to us come server transfer. It's a great server albeit it's not really that populated. Malak is a great server to transfer because 90% of the players there are dedicated to PVP. So if you like PVP and you're coming from a dead server, Malak would be the best server to transfer. ;)

Edited by zxckakel

sorry but isn't it a bit soon for a server recruitment thread? BW has yet to annonce any real details including which servers you will be allowed to transfer to.

Well luck favors the prepared. It could be early but the more information people have and the longer they have it on hand will make decisions easy on what actions they want to take.

Server: Lord Adrass

Server type: RP-PvE

If you wish to include your guild or any others: Infinity (PvE)

Estimate of current population: Currently Standard Pop.

How is your community: Good community. RPers and PvEers respect each others playstyle

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: Finding groups is possible:o. PvP ques are good. 15 minutes is the longest I've personally waited. All in all, Lord Adrass is a standard Pop server and we want it full. We have a good foundation of players now. There are some outstanding RP guilds here and a couple good PvE guilds that are there enjoying the show.

Server: Grand Master Zym

Server type:PvE (US)

If you wish to include your guild or any others:

Republic Side: Orion, Argonian Riders, Noble Team, Army of Cair Paravel, Conviction, Serious Casual, Morningstar, OMG Pink

Imp Side: Ignoble Horde (Alt Guild), Sith Team Six,Quiet Professionals, Vicious, Omen,Logical, Nefarious.

(If I left you out, PM me, I'll add/edit.)

Estimate of current population:On the Republic fleet we can go from around 20-50 people on any given night. Imperial Fleet is about the same, generally slightly higher pop.

How is your community: We have a great community, everyone gets along for the most part, imps and rebs get along well and have alts on both sides.

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: The PvP on this server is decent and there are some very good players. After 2PM till about 1AM, Q pops happen usually in 10 minutes or less. There is a good distribution of both Weekly / Weekend Progression and Causal guilds with weekend raids.

We've only really recently seen a drop since around the 10th of May, but game play is still quite good on the server.

For Specifics from Torstatus: 18th most populated US PvE server, and 29th overall if you include RPPvP, RPPPvE, and PVP servers.

sorry but isn't it a bit soon for a server recruitment thread? BW has yet to annonce any real details including which servers you will be allowed to transfer to.

Not for folks like me who are looking to roll test alts on prospective servers.

Not your issue? By all means, carry on. Plenty of other threads on the forum.

Server: Lord Adrass

Server type: RP-PvE

If you wish to include your guild or any others: Infinity (PvE)

Estimate of current population: Currently Standard Pop.

How is your community: Good community. RPers and PvEers respect each others playstyle

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: Finding groups is possible:o. PvP ques are good. 15 minutes is the longest I've personally waited. All in all, Lord Adrass is a standard Pop server and we want it full. We have a good foundation of players now. There are some outstanding RP guilds here and a couple good PvE guilds that are there enjoying the show.

Great server & it's the home of Mando'ade! Oya! :sy_bountyhunter:

Server: JUYO

Server type: PVE

There are an assortment of great friendly guilds on Juyo. Most of the larger ones delve into both PVE and PVP.

The Republic Side Includes: Pillars of Ashla, No Sleep till Kessel, Knights of IRON, Beacon in the Darkness, Sunrider Knights, Teras Kasi Order, Use the Fork, Republic of Texas, Platinum, Prodigy, GFF, In Tenebris, Fate of Honor, Royal Black Watch, Templars of the Republic, Outer Rim Templars, and Halcyon.

The Imperial Side Includes: Catalyst, Pak'Cafan, Ascendency, Dark Order of Amaranth, Barely Lethal, Force Choke, Crimson Guard, Dark Holiday, Overload, Imperial Black Watch, Shadows of the Sith, Aftermath, Crazies of Korriban, Sith'Ari Order, and Runic Empire.

(Please forgive me if I forgot a few)

Estimate of current population: Average evening Fleet Pop is 50+

How is your community: I've played MMOs since OU and I would say, without reservation, that the Community on Juyo is the best I've encountered.

General information: Most Guilds run their own Raids, however finding a pug group or raid isn't very hard. PvP Qs can be slow during the day but in the evening and during the weekends the Qs become rather fast. There have also been events organized for the Community as a whole by some Guilds, such as PvP Wednesdays where all the Guilds make premades and keep score against each other (Our own version of ranked warzones). Our Guild also hosts a PvE weekend once a month and invites others from smaller guilds to join us as we clear out pesky codex entries. Other Guilds such as Galactic Wolf Council host morning Pug Raids during the week for European players. There are also cross faction alliances where alts on the other side can find a home in a friendly guild...this can often make PvP rather interesting...and dare I say even somewhat cordial.

All in all, it's an extremely friendly and stress free environment where most of the regulars both know each other and work together to better the community. So come join us on Juyo!

-Bal'thial (Local fail dps Sage, and Guildmaster)

Halcyon - Republic Faction Guild - Juyo Server

http://halcyonswtor.enjin.com/aboutus

http://halcyonswtor.enjin.com/recruitment

Edited by Seadogkb

Server: The Swiftsure

Server type: NA West Coast PVP

If you wish to include your guild or any others: Rep Side- Attrition, DB, Crescendo, PVpros. White Lotus Imp: Strictly Business, Slackerz, .....

Estimate of current population: On Rep Fleet after 9PM is about 60-80 roughly

How is your community:- The community is awesome , PVP is competitive and the Reps are becoming more balaced competitivly with the imps. PVE , i have no clue because i don't PVE.

General information like finding groups to PvP with, Finding groups for PvE and things like that: IF you want to find a guild to PVP with just press 'enter' and talk to someone that is by the combat area in the Fleet's. ITs easy.. Be nice and you will be invited.

As far as PVE goes - when the LFG group finder comes out that will solve that problem.