Powertech is rediculously overpowered

Roiz

I created a new powertech toon baecause it were only two advanced classes i didn't play powertech and operative. I have an experience playing others 6 classes. Actually i don't have a main, grinding best equipment on one class seems boring to me i like have all classes available to play warzones with each of them depending at my desire.

I reched only level 17 on my powertech and getting 300k+ damage done in several matches. No one other class can do that in 10-49 bracket. This is the class currently do the best damage at low levels. It has huge strong points others classes don't have.

First it's damage, all pyrotech damage is elemental + railshot all this completly ignore armor.

It has perfect mobility you can run in circle strafing around any melee kiting them to the death easly. All pyrotech attack are instant cast on the move and ranged also they automatically apply slow on the target.

Powertech is not kitable by long ranged classes because it has harpoon to pull targets, and again ranged slow from 30 meters with no cd. Also powetech can do descent damage from 30 meters and enormous damage from 10 meters.

This class has self healing, if you specced into it your critical hits reduce cooldown of your self healing.

All 40+ maras, operatives and juggers are easy to kill 1v1 just have 17 level powertech.

All ranged except snipers can be killed without problems being 20 levels higher. Only snipers 10 levels higher are tough, but same level snipers is not the problem.

Edited by Roiz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Powertech is not kitable by long ranged classes because it has harpoon to pull targets

So you're playing a powertech, and yet using vanguard terms? Heh. Okay...

Also, grapple is on a fairly long cooldown compared to abilities like charge.

Basically, yes, PT & van can do a good amount of damage. They are also fairly easy to kill if you have the slightest idea what you are doing.

L2P

I have an assault vanguard and a sage healer.

Althought i enjoy the playstile of being a healer more and i have extensive healing experience in other games the way i perform when i play my trooper is just baffling.

When i play my healer everything looks likem an uphill battle. I consistently get to 450k+ healing done (of course it depends on where i am located in the match - guarding turrets is important but it gives no healing done, etc) and zero deaths but i still feel gimped and excessive depending on my team. A single oversight or mistake that i make in my sage generally ends up in my death and (possibly) in a defeat.

My trooper lives in another world. I just faceroll full war heroed sorceres in less than 10 gcds and its ok to die 5 times in a match because i take like 5-7 people with me, and they are generally the other teams healers. Mistakes with my trooper dont end up in a death + defeat, they are costly but they generally means i will take one or two more gcds to kill the enemyes team squishyes.

When my trooper falls on the defensive i simply taunt fest the enemy melee while i kill them.

Its just baffling the level of effort and gameplay to play a healer correctly (zero deaths) while dpsing just seem like a zerg waltz.

If im on my trooper and i face my sage healer in battle i prolly would kill me in seconds, lol.

same player (so same skill)

sage is more geared

i put more playtime on the sage and i have healing experience (no dps experience)

All these factors and my dps just would roflstomp my healer.

There is something very wrong with this game.

L2P

Well then teach us, oh master of PT/vanguard killing?

Having played every AC out there, right now the only class that has a chance against them are Tankassins. A Marauder/Sentinel might have a chance if they have all of their cooldowns available.

The rest of the classes - the only chance they have is to try to kill the PT/Vanguard while it's busy killing someone else.

Take your L2P and shove it up your ***.

I created a new powertech toon baecause it were only two advanced classes i didn't play powertech and operative. I have an experience playing others 6 classes. Actually i don't have a main, grinding best equipment on one class seems boring to me i like have all classes available to play warzones with each of them depending at my desire.

I reched only level 17 on my powertech and getting 300k+ damage done in several matches. No one other class can do that in 10-49 bracket. This is the class currently do the best damage at low levels. It has huge strong points others classes don't have.

First it's damage, all pyrotech damage is elemental + railshot all this completly ignore armor.

It has perfect mobility you can run in circle strafing around any melee kiting them to the death easly. All pyrotech attack are instant cast on the move and ranged also they automatically apply slow on the target.

Powertech is not kitable by long ranged classes because it has harpoon to pull targets, and again ranged slow from 30 meters with no cd. Also powetech can do descent damage from 30 meters and enormous damage from 10 meters.

This class has self healing, if you specced into it your critical hits reduce cooldown of your self healing.

All 40+ maras, operatives and juggers are easy to kill 1v1 just have 17 level powertech.

All ranged except snipers can be killed without problems being 20 levels higher. Only snipers 10 levels higher are tough, but same level snipers is not the problem.

Man, that's quiet amazing. A level 17 PT has access to highest tier abilities in the Pyro tree. You must know something we don't, so be nice and tell us... How do you manage to play a level 50 spec Pyro PT at level 17? Because it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to have 90% of the things you just listed at that level.

Also, half the abilities you just listed aren't even possible in the spec you're talking about, lol. Where do you get your 30 M snare? The self healing? You're talking about 15% HP every 3 min?

This thread scores a 2 on the Zaodon Guide for Crying for Nerfs.

(see link below)

It seems lately, people are not willing to put forth the effort into their nerf cries anymore. Where is the scoreboard screenshot? Where are the astronomical, yet anecdotal, numbers? It's like these people are just going through the motions; Monday - Tanksin, Tuesday - Pyro, Wednesday - Marauder, ... Sunday - Operatives that stunlock teams into unsubbing.

I did 350k on my lvl 35 or so gunslinger :p

Btw, you don't have all those talents you're describing at lvl 17, nor are powertechs unkitable, they'll still be able to push their initial burst on you, but harpoon is a one shot skill and then it is on cooldown, their follow up burst requires 10 meters minimum. A good sage should be able to kite a powertech into oblivion in a 1vs1 situation.

We have no 30 meter slow, so you're full of crap on that one. Our selfhealing is pathetic.

I will agree that the burst is too high (as it is across the board), but it is also the only thing this spec has going for it, if they nerf that, they need to redesign the whole spec to give more tools and abilities.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Congradulations! You have discovered that it's harder to keep 8 bars full than it is to make one bar empty.

True but i can make mistakes and still empty not one bar but like 5 in a quick sucession before i die with less effort than i keep only one bar full with a more geared character.

Go figure.

Btw i dont think assault vanguard should be nerfed its just that healing is too weak and game design just tanked with 1.2.

Edited by Laforet

Powertech has always been the RNG high burst dps class in PvP. Bioware needs to put some greater skill into the class, though they did try to change it a bit with 1.2. Basically the Powertech is mostly spamming rail shot and rocket punch in PvP on targets, and if they get lucky with crits you are in real trouble. Need to be made a more skill based class with more complex class mechanics.

True but i can make mistakes and still empty not one bar but like 5 in a quick sucession before i die with less effort than i keep only one bar full with a more geared character....

I would argue that you are not solo-killing 5 targets in the amount of time it takes them to kill you. Not to sound cliche but "Fraps or didn't happen". I want to see this footage of you running up solo to middle point on Alderaan and killing 5 guys that are watching it.

True but i can make mistakes and still empty not one bar but like 5 in a quick sucession before i die with less effort than i keep only one bar full with a more geared character.

Go figure.

Btw i dont think assault vanguard should be nerfed its just that healing is too weak and game design just tanked with 1.2.

Make a video of that.

Only possible if the other team is full of *******, or if you have a healbot glued to your behind.

Powertech has always been the RNG high burst dps class in PvP. Bioware needs to put some greater skill into the class, though they did try to change it a bit with 1.2. Basically the Powertech is mostly spamming rail shot and rocket punch in PvP on targets, and if they get lucky with crits you are in real trouble. Need to be made a more skill based class with more complex class mechanics.

If they could add more mechanics to the whole thing that would be cool, only problem is that they'd have to change the whole way vanguards / powertechs work in general with it.

Right now assault is about getting big burst off and after that being smart with movement to get out for your next burst.

Tactics is about using the right abilities in succession, good postitioning and timing and superb mobility.

Shield is, well.. tanking.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

I did 350k on my lvl 35 or so gunslinger :p

We have no 30 meter slow, so you're full of crap on that one. Our selfhealing is pathetic.

I will agree that the burst is too high (as it is across the board), but it is also the only thing this spec has going for it, if they nerf that, they need to redesign the whole spec to give more tools and abilities.

Yes we have 30 meters slow, it is sweltering heat, it applies to you combustible gas cilinder a 2 sec slow for 50%. This cilinder has a 100% chance to be triggered by flame burst, and very high chance from unload and rapid shots. You just do your standart damaging abilities and see your target slowed.

I created this thread not for nerf, i do not want it cause i enjoed playing my PT at low levels.

No other class can do 300K+ damage a match? My Gunslinger can and has at low levels. I am never getting him to lvl 50 because of the fact I can top damage in almost all matches. If you look around, you'll see more and more Snipers and Gunslingers as well as Marauders and Sentinels now in the the lower brackets.

You're basing this on lowbie characters without PvP gear. Your opinion is invalid.

Yes we have 30 meters slow, it is sweltering heat, it applies to you combustible gas cilinder a 2 sec slow for 50%. This cilinder has a 100% chance to be triggered by flame burst, and very high chance from unload and rapid shots. You just do your standart damaging abilities and see your target slowed.

I created this thread not for nerf, i do not want it cause i enjoed playing my PT at low levels.

And since when has flame burst / ion pulse got a 30 meter range bro?

A 16% chance, 2 seconds slow that is possible from 30 meters, I'll give you that, hardly very high chance.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Lol balance is fine in this game. Mercs/ sorcs/ and conceal op need just a smidgen of love while Mara needs a smidgen of defensive nerf.

PT is balanced by their lack of great defense cool downs. Agents get 100% dodge white dmg, assassin 100% yellow, and Mara 99% everything.

BH if focused dies very fast.

Edited by tynt

Do you speak a second or even third language?

I speak a second and I do just fine. But the question is loaded as I was born in another country but have been in the US since I was 2 years old :p

I would argue that you are not solo-killing 5 targets in the amount of time it takes them to kill you. Not to sound cliche but "Fraps or didn't happen". I want to see this footage of you running up solo to middle point on Alderaan and killing 5 guys that are watching it.

True im not soling, as my initial post was saying im talking about team x team. The root of the problem is:

In an "equal" team x team enviroment, I (the same player) with LESS GEAR and LESS EFFORT can perform more significantly than I (same player, lol) with MORE GEAR and MORE EFFORT just because i swtiched characters.

You got it now?

Dont take it wrong im not a NURF PYRO MARAUDERS RAWR guy. I just wished that they designed the game so that i would perform better on my healer, which in the character i put more gear and effrort into.

I love my assault vanguard, i have a blast playing it and i would be very pissed if they nurf it. I just wish i could say the same thing about my sage.

Edited by Laforet