Daniel Erickson needs to blink

Ignobull

So I just watched the 1.3 video with Daniel Erickson and noticed he does not blink. Why do you think this is?

A) He is a Robot

B) You are not allowed to blink at bioware

C) He is practicing for the 2014 bioware Staring contest

Edit: Pbxsparx has pointed out that this is not actually Daniel Erickson but James Ohlen which gives further proof that James Ohlen is really a robot controlled by Daniel Erickson!

Edited by Ignobull

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a computer game show on tv, quite a long time ago, where the hostess blinked about 20 times a second during the whole 30 minutes of the show. And I am not exaggerating (much :) ). So maybe it all balances somehow and mr Erickson is at he other side of the scale...

I do not know how you guys saw "Daniel Erickson" at all. He answered the questions of IGN but he wasn't the guy in the attached video. That was "James Ohlen".

Thanks I'll fix this, so does Daniel Erickson control the robot that is called James Ohlen?

Liars are exposed by blinking: "Liars blink less frequently than normal during the lie, and then speed up to around eight times faster than usual afterwards."

I remember a computer game show on tv, quite a long time ago, where the hostess blinked about 20 times a second during the whole 30 minutes of the show. And I am not exaggerating (much :) ). So maybe it all balances somehow and mr Erickson is at he other side of the scale...

20 times a second? woah rapid fire.

The first two. The Bioware Staring Contest has been cancelled until further notice, and he's not got his hopes high.

Actually I think they said that sometime in early summer there will be an announcement about the status of the staring contest.

A memo from EA to BioWare Dev staff

Due to a downturn in subscriptions and SWTOR being only a bit more important than a golf game, some cost cutting will need to ensue. All of the following must be severly restricted by your team:

• Blinking
  • Ressponding on forums
  • Developing game features
  • Any use of named months in a year (please refer to previous memo for substituting month names with 'soon')
  • Giving a straight answer

Edited by ShadowWes

"Legacy was a huge success"

Please! :p

he was doing pretty well till he shoveled that BS into it. 1.2 flopped, no point in lying about it. Lets move on in a new, better direction, not lie about it and live in denial.

That’s the #1 thing that irks me about dev teams in general. Denial. 1.2 had a great surge of players, but when those people saw that 1.2 had no real content that was worth anything, plus saw how much it broke, most servers ended up worse after 1.2 then they were prior.

Good news mention of transfers though, we need those asap.

Every day we go without those, is another day I get more into other PC games.

The last thing this game needs is more people leaving.

Edited by -Dench

Just rewatched the entire video and he doesn't blink once, but i did notice at about 2:18 a piece of concept art which looked interesting, could either be another peragus or it could be a piece of the star forge rebuilding itself into an asteroid. Hopefully it is the latter as that will be exciting.