1.3 missing one important feature

Foxcolt

They are coming out before 1.3, Stephen Reid confirmed on his Twitter page that:

1.)both group finder and Ranked Warzones would be out on 1.3.

2.)that one of those would be out beforehand.

Now that Group Finder was confirmed for 1.3, it is only logical to assume that Ranked Warzones will be out BEFORE 1.3 hits.

http://torwars.com/2012/05/18/stephen-reid/

where are you getting your info? :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are coming out before 1.3, Stephen Reid confirmed on his Twitter page that:

1.)both group finder and Ranked Warzones would be out on 1.3.

2.)that one of those would be out beforehand.

Now that Group Finder was confirmed for 1.3, it is only logical to assume that Ranked Warzones will be out BEFORE 1.3 hits.

I don't believe that for a second...

The reason (despite the lack of communication) that rated's were pulled from 1.2 is that without cross server queuin'g functionality premades would have faced non premades and pugs in rated wz's. With the dismal server population this would have seriously screwed up the ELO system and would have been a big problem.

So they pulled rated's from 1.2 and were hoping to have the cross server LFG ready soon, within a couple weeks (like we were told).

What they didn't account for was the massive loss in subscriptions and the barren state of the majority of servers across the playerbase..so it would make sense to hold off the cross server mechanic until they have a more stable and populated servers..hence why we haven't heard any information about rated's in months.

So fast forward to now..they are implementing transfers and eventually they will shut down the unpopulated servers..then they'll implementing cross server queues and we'll finally have our rated wz's..

Problem is..that isn't going to be for months and I won't be around..I doubt very many people will be..

I made a mistake, read above, dear god.

I must have confused it with the other information that suggested such, I'll find it now.

thats just it I read your "mistakes" on several threads... >.> so please be sure what you are reading is what is currently being posted/talked about.

And good luck finding any info on ranked pvp cause it's just not coming =/ like I've said before "Bw doesn't give a flying Jedi about us pvpers!"

Edited by LordHazanko

thats just it I read your "mistakes" on three threads... >.> so please be sure what you are reading is what is currently being posted/talked about.

And good luck finding any info on ranked pvp cause it's just not coming =/ like I've said before "Bw doesn't give a flying Jedi about us pvpers!"

Fixed.

Rated Warzones are now renamed to Rated Battlegrounds, and can be found on World Of Warcraft.

Facts aside, Rated Warzones are apparently within the mysterious lands of internal testing, where the "world's greatest PvP development team" is slaving minutes a day testing it. Even though in hindsight (I say hindsight considering this is why RWZ didn't make 1.2) to properly test RWZ there must be a significantly large pool of players with a wide range of PvP skill levels to iron out the primary foreseeable issue with RWZ: fair matchmaking.

You are incorrect, they didn't make it because of feedback from the PLAYERS on the PTR. BW listened to the ones testing it, you know, the players and then pulled it.

You are incorrect, they didn't make it because of feedback from the PLAYERS on the PTR. BW listened to the ones testing it, you know, the players and then pulled it.

This.

Feedback on the PTS said rated warzones suck. So if Bioware had put them in, even more people would have complained about how bad they were.

So they didn't put them. Now people complain they don't have them.

Either way someone is whining.

So you pvp'ers would rather play something thats unfinished rather than wait? Quit crying and go kill some Jedi's

I don't believe anyone was suggesting that, rather they want information about its status... something other than "coming soon".. Bioware said rated warzones would be out "soon" right after they killed it, its been over a month and still no word on rated or Ilum.

LOL sadly I unsubscribed shortly after the launch of 1.2 in hopes that maybe they would start actually listening to people but now with 1.3 I am still not re subscribing. Now they did talk about much more coming in 2012 well BioWare most games come with this crap already released. Basically this game is playing catch up

1.2 announced rated warzones..everyone was happy..

1 day before 1.2 pulled rated warzones...everyone was sad

1 day after 1.2 said that rated warzones wold happen soon..everyone was happy

1.3 gets announced and not one word about rated warzones...everyone quits.

Youv'e failed me for the last time BW..PVP was what I liked most about this game after I reached 50..you've abondoned it and you've abandoned your pvp-centric player base.

I've officially ubsubbed and I doubt I'll be playing at all with my remaining 30 days of playtime.

Whats worse..is that you guys actually plan on going yet another couple months with PVP rated warzone gear that is currently unattainable? Will will new subs think when they reach 50 and come to find out that a major game mechanic is straight up UNIMPLEMENTED?

That shows amateurish behavior and just pure unprofessionalism. Sad

would you rather have a crappy Rated warzone system right now or a good one later?

where are rated warzones!!

But with so many dead servers, what does it matter if there are rated warzones or not. They need to implement cross realm queuing. Servers need to be merged. All of this before Rated Warzones would even matter.

With the announcements of the cuts, I see rated WZ's forever being put on the back burner. Its too bad, I would rather not have been forced to play Diablo 3 until GW2.....

Sub runs out 6/24, wonder if GW2 will be out by then..

Edited by Gomuningen