Game Update 1.3 preview now on ign

Pompeia

Hey folks, IGN has the exclusive news and video for now (which is why you didn't see this here on our site), but you'll see all of it on our site soon. For now, please go ahead and use this as the official discussion for this news.

Thanks!

*sigh* Still the same 1.3 info rehashed, and no information on a date. :(

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaction in a netshell

OMG thank god, maybe finally the game will start to be interesting again!

"we still want to respect the communities that have developed on servers so it does not support cross-server play."

Oh. Never mind.

I try to stay positive on the forums, but I can't understand the level of delusion required to do make a statement like this. The reason we want a group finder is because we CAN'T MAKE GROUPS. And the reason we can't make groups is THERE ARE LESS THEN A HANDFUL PEOPLE LOOKING FOR GROUP ON THE SERVER AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.

So now we have a tool that will tell us there are no groups going on on our dead server. Great. Thanks for that.

The transfers will in theory fix this.

the same people saying the same things from the very beginning : " we have big plans" . yeah I get that,but you have nothing else other than your plans anyway. lol. Don't say "hey they are already coming up with major features.." sorry but if you sell us an incomplete game and then add the features you are simply completing your game, not adding more to it.

Reaction in a netshell

OMG thank god, maybe finally the game will start to be interesting again!

"we still want to respect the communities that have developed on servers so it does not support cross-server play."

Oh. Never mind.

I try to stay positive on the forums, but I can't understand the level of delusion required to do make a statement like this. The reason we want a group finder is because we CAN'T MAKE GROUPS. And the reason we can't make groups is THERE ARE LESS THEN A HANDFUL PEOPLE LOOKING FOR GROUP ON THE SERVER AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.

So now we have a tool that will tell us there are no groups going on on our dead server. Great. Thanks for that.

See, this level of ignorance is whats wrong with the community.

Its not the people are NOT looking for groups, its that getting a full group together is painful to do.

If you can queue up for a 4-man, and go off and do your own thing...then be ported when everything is set to go, to number of people looking to do these things increases dramatically.

I can't even count the number of times I've thought about responding to a LFG, but didn't, because it would take 20 minutes to get to it, and that was my ONLY reason.

Combined with transfers to help the population problem. LFG should work just fine.

its amazing how people can make assumptions about a system they haven't even used yet based on false pretenses from a time where the system was not yet in place...its MORONIC.

I have to assume ranked WZ's are comming shortly after 1.3, surely not out as far as 1.4, I hope we get some info on this soon as thats primary what I am looking for even though the rest looks good.

*sigh* Still the same 1.3 info rehashed, and no information on a date. :(

exactly :confused:

so what more info or better news were you guys (bw) suppose to give us this week about 1.3, cause really still nay release dates, and the servers populations just blow, and I for one refuse to re-roll since I've got 3 50s(sorc/jugg/sa) already and all well to decently geared, so please tell me why I "must" I follow the flow of re-roll just to play a game that I already, like so many others be paying for, but don't get to access or do any of the current content we'd like to do?

Edited by LordHazanko

If I remember right, WoW's LFG finder started off as server only. Only reason they had to go cross was because everyone was dps and server didn't have enough tanks and healers.

And that didn't really help either, there was still tons of DPS and few tanks and healers. Mostly because there are 3 healing classes, 2 (good) tank classes, and like 15 DPS classes.

SWTOR doesn't have that kinda disparity.

The server transfers are supposed to fix this issue. Or am I wrong? Doomsayers know better than someone who is logical and thinks things through.

Eeermmm you mean the same people that took that most logical approach of putting up 200+ servers all with light pop caps (and dont give me the "its cos we all cried about queuing".... they already proved the server caps were set low to ease launch.. their logical approach was to then hit up another god knows how many servers to thin the population out to far... when logic would of suggested raising server caps sooner and if need be close off certain servers already peaking and steer traffic to others.. but hmmm logic you say....

And if you really think targeted server transfers is gunna be the messiah... well lets hope your right... but when all those players suddenly see the server they want to be on, not on the list where they have already taken the logical approach to re-roll on or die of boredom and lonliness... hmmm maybe it would of been logical for you to have not posted at all tbh.. but heyho

If I remember right, WoW's LFG finder started off as server only. Only reason they had to go cross was because everyone was dps and server didn't have enough tanks and healers.

Never played that eermm game!.. but I think you could be right... seen that problem many times before.. and SWTOR doesn't seem any different, especially with the nerfbat backlash I've read about on here, though I have not rolled one as yet ... which is kinda weird for me when I think about it, cos anyone who kows me from other MMO's know that's a class I tend to roll and play more than any other.... must be I didn't like the look or feel of it in SWTOR :)

exactly :confused:

so what more info or better news were you guys (bw) suppose to give us this week about 1.3, cause really still nay release dates, and the servers populations just blow, and I for one refuse to re-roll since I've got 3 50s(sorc/jugg/sa) already and all well to decently geared, so please tell me why I "must" I follow the flow of re-roll just to play a game that I already, like so many others be paying for, but don't get to access or do any of the current content we'd like to do?

Would like a dev or random mod to at least speak up.... :rolleyes:

So its official 1.3 is move on elsewher for pvp'rs. What good is a group finder on dead servers? even if you transfer now its too late most have the left the game already.

Why is standard features in every other mmo a big deal in this game? Seriously?

So.... where is nightmare mode Explosive Conflict? Where are Rated Warzones?

Where's the content promised to us that would be released "shortly after 1.2"?!

Even with the LFG and Server transfers, I find very little reason to even log in for more than 2 hours per week. Denova takes just over an hour to clear, Nightmare pilgrim takes about 30 minutes and the black hole weekly takes about 30 minutes...... Outside of that, PvP is boring and meaningless without rankings, Flashpoints are just..... meh.... whats the point once you have columi gear? let alone full Campaign....

I'm finding very little reason to stay subscribed at this time

I have to assume ranked WZ's are comming shortly after 1.3, surely not out as far as 1.4, I hope we get some info on this soon as thats primary what I am looking for even though the rest looks good.

Stephen Reid confirmed on his Twitter that Ranked Warzones and group Finder will be in 1.3, then later on he stated that 'and as a matter of fact one of those will be coming out earlier." considering this Group Finder has been confirmed for 1.3, it is only logical to assume that Ranked Warzones will come earlier.

Where's the content promised to us that would be released "shortly after 1.2"?!

Even with the LFG and Server transfers, I find very little reason to even log in for more than 2 hours per week. Denova takes just over an hour to clear, Nightmare pilgrim takes about 30 minutes and the black hole weekly takes about 30 minutes...... Outside of that, PvP is boring and meaningless without rankings, Flashpoints are just..... meh.... whats the point once you have columi gear? let alone full Campaign....

I'm finding very little reason to stay subscribed at this time

Read my above post.

Some people just don't bother to search for information anymore do they?

Edited by Rayla_Felana

So its official 1.3 is move on elsewher for pvp'rs. What good is a group finder on dead servers? even if you transfer now its too late most have the left the game already.

Why is standard features in every other mmo a big deal in this game? Seriously?

400,000 out of 1.7 million is most?

Stephen Reid confirmed on his Twitter that Ranked Warzones and group Finder will be in 1.3, then later on he stated that 'and as a matter of fact one of those will be coming out earlier." considering this Group Finder has been confirmed for 1.3, it is only logical to assume that Ranked Warzones will come earlier.

Can you post the "twitter" response in this thread? Thanks.

Without this update we wont be able to play rated warzones or nightmare EC.

Im happy they are finally going to handle the population problem... I just hope they are successful... this game was sooo much fun... but it's been kinda miserable recently.

Stated playing diablo3 :o

Read my above post.

Some people just don't bother to search for information anymore do they?

Even so...why make a video and not mention these things? Especially if they are coming BEFORE 1.3. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.