Turn off camera smart pivot

lukrexia

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait... you know that right click/hold is always "back view" as you turn. but left click/hold allows you to look around without turning.

is this what you're talking about?

left click allows you to look around without turning but when your moving and you release the left mouse button the camera turns back behind the character, that is what should be disabled.

wait... you know that right click/hold is always "back view" as you turn. but left click/hold allows you to look around without turning.

is this what you're talking about?

Do you srsly think anyone wants to play the entire game holding down the left mouse button just to avoid forced butt view? that's ridiculous

It is not a wow thing. jeez

The damned camera follows you and turns onto your butt when you move.Maybe some of us want to see more then our butt when we move, and want to be able to see behind or to the side as we run.

Turn your camera so you have a side view of yourself, then move, the camera spins and centers on your butt.

THis has literally nothing to do with WoW. all other games MMORPGs and single player normally don't force butt view on players

Not if you hold left click while moving. l2p

right now, this is what I do.

I run around. If i want to turn, strafe, etc, I hold right mouse to turn as I run. If I want to survey the field to see where I need to run into the fight, I hold left mouse and look around. As soon as I start running, (or if I was just looking around while running straight) the camera snaps back to back view.

What I wish I could do is have a set up where I could turn and look without holding down a mouse button. In SWG, which I am most familiar with, I could have two set ups, mouse look and mouse pointer. I left it in mouse look. moving my mouse around caused my camera to look around. If I were running, I would always run toward the cursor. If I hit ALT, I then got my mouse pointer. My pointer could go anywhere on the screen and my character would not turn. If I wanted to turn in that mode I had to wasd.

I agree. For me, not being able to turn off the smart camera was a real immersion-breaker at first. I like to look around when I run from A to B, but the smart camera makes it less enjoyable, really. Sort of feels like a video game future, and not a pc game...

I really want the option to turn it off! :csw_atst:

Ya sure someone can hold down the left mouse button for it not to pivot back, but for those who actualy know how to play without the camera auto-pivoting back can actualy click other enemy players around them or npc's and get ready ahead of time and own even more, but i guess not every player realizes this because their skillz are mediocre at best. GG bow !

Question...

Why is it, that every time I start to walk forward, my camera wants to turn face the direction I'm walking?

Man, funk dat.

Question....

Why is it, that every time I try to look for an option to turn off the cameras smart pivot option, it's not in the preferences?!

Maann, FUNK DAT!!

Question...

Why is it, that every time I start to walk forward, my camera wants to turn face the direction I'm walking?

Man, funk dat.

Question....

Why is it, that every time I try to look for an option to turn off the cameras smart pivot option, it's not in the preferences?!

Maann, FUNK DAT!!

My question is why do people who enjoy the forced butt view get so mad at the players like us who do not enjoy the forced butt view?

What is the problem with you people? Just because you enjoy butt view does not mean the rest of us need to be forced into butt view, WHy are you so angry that we want an option to turn off forced butt view?

Ya sure someone can hold down the left mouse button for it not to pivot back, but for those who actualy know how to play without the camera auto-pivoting back can actualy click other enemy players around them or npc's and get ready ahead of time and own even more, but i guess not every player realizes this because their skillz are mediocre at best. GG bow !

Hadn't thought of that. mostly because I'm not that good. I can definitely see how that would be annoying. I've recently graduated to looking around and tabbing. So looking and clicking is beyond me at the moment.

Hadn't thought of that. mostly because I'm not that good. I can definitely see how that would be annoying. I've recently graduated to looking around and tabbing. So looking and clicking is beyond me at the moment.

It is not just about what is better, it is about choice and freedom.

If you don't PVP it's not really a strategic loss, since all PVE is scripted so you just know what's going to happen, so you don't really need to see behind you, cause the battle is scripted and you should just know when and where monsters will be and what they are doing.

But in PVP you need to be able to see where ever you want to see at all times, Players are not predictable like NPC's.

Tab is nice for targeting sometimes, but in PVP you do not want to waste time tabbing through say 3-5 targets,you want to click the enemy you want targeted immediately, and if you happen to be running in any direction besides towards them, forced butt view screws you.

SO to sum up: forced butt view should be optional butt view, not forced.

My question is why do people who enjoy the forced butt view get so mad at the players like us who do not enjoy the forced butt view?

What is the problem with you people? Just because you enjoy butt view does not mean the rest of us need to be forced into butt view, WHy are you so angry that we want an option to turn off forced butt view?

I hate the forced butt view. I would like the option to turn off the forced butt view. I would like to manually control my camera, not the game.

I guess my post is beyond your time.

Do you srsly think anyone wants to play the entire game holding down the left mouse button just to avoid forced butt view? that's ridiculous

Many people keep mouselook clicked to avoid the very issue the OP is talking about. I would rather keep it clicked and be able to strafe with wasd than use the mouse to pan around in a direction I am not heading. I may do this periodically but not nearly as much as I keep it pressed down. Unfortunately for me, we cannot remap right/left click for camera controls currently.

In DAoC this was called Camera Snap Back. You could disable it, and also control how fast it would return to the default position.

Something to do with the cameras that is much more important is this auto-zoom feature. When ever your camera is obstructed in-game - hitting a wall, tunnel, objective, etc - it sucks up behind your character. I'm constantly having to scroll back w/ the mouse wheel to get zoomed out. It's infuriating and really makes playing a melee class a chore.

I talked with a CSR about it, and they said it was a known issue that they are working on a fix for. I'm not sure if this was a BS line or not, but BioWare will owe me a new Razer pretty soon.

Many people keep mouselook clicked to avoid the very issue the OP is talking about. I would rather keep it clicked and be able to strafe with wasd than use the mouse to pan around in a direction I am not heading. I may do this periodically but not nearly as much as I keep it pressed down. Unfortunately for me, we cannot remap right/left click for camera controls currently.

well I use my mouse for more then just holding off the forced butt camera angle, they need to fix this immediately