The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR has best character models

mattgyver

You clearly didn't play AoC

But i did.

And as i found the AoC Characters the best looking what we have until today, but i have to agree, the characters in SWTOR looking awesome too.

At all, SWTOR looks quit very good on high setting but cant reach AoC grafix.

just my opinion ^^

Always fun when people compare BETAs to released versions of other games. I´ve already preordered Secret World and I´m on the Beta too, character creation is dumbed down in the beta deployment, if you read the FAQ you would know. Also they are constantly replacing placeholder stuff with finals. BETA - you know what that means?

I very much prefer the realistic look of the game world and characters in Secret World than the cartoonish look of TOR. Must be a matter of taste or I´m just too old for playing characters like out of a Nickelodeon kids TV show.

Also if you conisder TORs character models "best" than take a look at this and think again:

please make more assumptions. I too have preordered TSW. and I have watched endless video footage of the 'more detailed' char creation aswell. and guess what... I still prever the chars from TOR. that doesn't mean TOR has a good one, but TSW will never be even close to 'omg amazing'. (but that is style preference, I already mentioned my favourite is the one from FFXIV)

i have never seen anyone say TSW has better characters based on what i have seen in beta.... its not really even close.

as limited as the character editor is here, the models are better, especially on higher textures... now both games may indeed up the number of features for character creation in the future, but that is a ways away.

i will say this though, i do like how my characters in TSW have expressions, eyes that follow the speaker moving around, that sort of little thing.... i even saw my character smile once in a cutscene while someone was talking to her...

i have never seen anyone say TSW has better characters based on what i have seen in beta.... its not really even close.

as limited as the character editor is here, the models are better, especially on higher textures... now both games may indeed up the number of features for character creation in the future, but that is a ways away.

i will say this though, i do like how my characters in TSW have expressions, eyes that follow the speaker moving around, that sort of little thing.... i even saw my character smile once in a cutscene while someone was talking to her...

I was interested in TSW until I got to the part that said a Facebook account was required to play. Sorry, not going to bother with a game that is set up like that.

yeah that's true, the cutscenes seem pretty 'realistic'. but to be honest, I may be weird in this, but I think they actually overdid the cutscenes. it's almost like they thought 'well ok so TOR will have these cutscenes, GW2 will have voiced quests aswell, we need to be outstanding' ... I can't even put a name on what exactly is bothering me about the cutscenes in TSW... when I compare it to TOR.... I would actually prefer a mix of it.. something 'in-between' if you want to call it like that. I'd like a bit more 'reaction' in TOR, but not too much.

edit: you don't need a facebook account to play the secret world. you need a facebook account to play the secret war. that's the browser game which is basically just advertisement for the secret world ;D

Edited by amnie

edit: you don't need a facebook account to play the secret world. you need a facebook account to play the secret war. that's the browser game which is basically just advertisement for the secret world ;D

Ah, thanks for clearing that us. I was poking around at the site after hearing other people talk about it, and saw that, and backed out at that point. They weren't clear about that.

Lack of variety in species has nothing to do with quality of models and animations--other than the fact that the reason they probably included bo "alien" species is specifically so that they could focus on getting decent humanoid facial features/animations.

yes, yes we know their "reasoning" and you know what? it was one dumb decision of them, it demolished any hope for variety.

Even with cartoon stylization I have to say that SWTOR really set the bar high with animation and characters. Recently played The Secret World Beta and the characters in that game look hideous compared to SWTOR. I think this is where some of the big bucks went during development of SWTOR, and it's noticeable.

Good job on this aspect of the game.

Really.....

Make a Jedi, take out your lightsaber and start running, you really think it looks good?

Yeah I agree SWTOR's art style and animations are top notch. The whole thing has an artistic integrity about it (apart from a few oddities like aliens with human type 1-4 bodies), and a very "solid" feel to the anims; and sometimes it's quite immersive just to hang out in some areas of the game.