Pay for a transfer or buy another game? VOTE

-Eternal-

The free transfers being promised during the summer will likely be to low/medium populated servers that noone wants to move on to begin with. Therefore, the only legitimate option will be to pay for a transfer to one of the few servers left with solid populations. Bioware indicates that this will actually follow the option of free transfers meaning possibly months later.

By then titles like Guild Wars 2, Secret World, and World of Warcraft's new expansion will be out. Does Bioware actually think people will be buying transfers when they can be buying one of these new titles instead? I can't imagine buying a transfer over any one of these new titles. What do other SW:TOR gamers think about this?

Pay for a new MMO title or transfer? (Vote away!)

Edited by -Eternal-

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure. I am still waiting to see how many restrictions are placed on our characters, I bet we won't be able to bring our credits, legacy level, or legacy unlocks to a new server.

If that is the case then there is really no point in transferring a character.

The free transfers being promised during the summer will likely be to low populated servers that noone wants to move on to begin with. Therefore, the only legitimate option will be to pay for a transfer to one of the few servers left with solid populations. Bioware indicates that this will actually follow the option of free transfers meaning possibly months later.

Can you please quote your source for this supposition. Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

Why even start this thread when it is all pure speculation? Nothing can come out of it.

Just play the game! If you don't like the server you are on, reroll FFS. It takes shorter time to level new chars than it takes to whine endlessly on this forum.

Why even start this thread when it is all pure speculation? Nothing can come out of it.

Just play the game! If you don't like the server you are on, reroll FFS. It takes shorter time to level new chars than it takes to whine endlessly on this forum.

Truth, but only for those who have no lives or jobs

Unlike you, apparently, I'm not poor and could pay for both...in fact, I could pay for transfers, buy GW2, MoP, and buy a new car (which is on the list).

But of those choices, I'm only buying a car because I could care less about GW2 or MoP, and I don't need to transfer.

The free transfers being promised during the summer will likely be to low populated servers that noone wants to move on to begin with. Therefore, the only legitimate option will be to pay for a transfer to one of the few servers left with solid populations. Bioware indicates that this will actually follow the option of free transfers meaning possibly months later.

By then titles like Guild Wars 2, Secret World, and World of Warcraft's new expansion will be out. Does Bioware actually think people will be buying transfers when they can be buying one of these new titles instead? I can't imagine buying a transfer over any one of these new titles. What do other SW:TOR gamers think about this?

Pay for a new MMO title or transfer? (Vote away!)

Please stop spreading disinformation. I'm not sure what your motives are here but they don't seem legitimate.

Free character transfers will be from low-population servers to several servers that will be selected for targeted growth into high-population servers.

Now please stop misrepresenting things.

There are plenty of servers with healthy populations beside the Fatman. Just because a server isn't full doesn't mean it isn't well populated. I'm on Shadow Hand and during prime time we always have close to 200 people on fleet. There are dozens more servers like this one regardless what all the doom and gloomers say. Not to mention the majority of people who were waiting on transfers will be back to transfer. Cancelling a sub doesn't mean they can't come back.

I'm sure they will move the dead realms to servers like this, that already have healthy populations that will then drive those populatinos closer to heavy and full. It would be pointless to put people on low population servers if they are already there. Let's just wait til they make an announcement before people organize riots in Austin.

Edited by solidkjames

please don't confuse anything in this thread with facts, it's all just hot air at the moment.

I did a quick google search and learned that Eve transfers were 20$ and WoW transfers were 25$ so he's in the right range. So I'm still a bit wtfbbq on those two...

...but as for SWTOR, i'm sure they will be a bit easier on our wallets considering we need transfers due to low population.

If I were on a dead server, I would leave the game before paying to transfer. The dead servers are 100% BioWare's fault. Customers should not have to pay extra to fix a problem service providers created. Edited by DarthTHC

I did a quick google search and learned that Eve transfers were 20$ and WoW transfers were 25$ so he's in the right range. So I'm still a bit wtfbbq on those two...

...but as for SWTOR, i'm sure they will be a bit easier on our wallets considering we need transfers due to low population.

Eve is account to account and Blizz do it for free when there are population issues with a server. This thread is just borderline scaremongering.

If I were on a dead server, I would leave the game before paying to transfer. The dead servers are 100% BioWare's fault. Customers should not have to pay extra to fix a problem service providers created.

Seriously, I wouldn't pay jack to have my characters transferred

I'd pay for a server transfer. No question about it. WoW is boring, Secret World is actually kind of cool, but not enough for me to buy, and Guild Wars 2 is your same old Fantasy game, just a little fancier. Plus, they said they're working on a new Transfer model different than what was offered during the previous server transfer for the Asia-Pacific severs. So, there is a chance that the Free transfer could apply to the higher servers as well. Otherwise, it would be an endless loop. The more people that transfer to a server, the higher the population gets. If they only allowed the Free transfer to a low pop server, then once those others servers reached High, no one could transfer to them without potentially paying. So people would be formed to stay on a low-pop server.

I paid $200 to transfer 4 toons off of Kauri to Bria, the then thought largest server at SWG. (50 per/toon with items back then at SOE) Then less than 2 years later Bria died.

I believe before I use a paid transfer system again I'd leave a game and just go find another 1 now.

The free transfers being promised during the summer will likely be to low populated servers that noone wants to move on to begin with.

Source?

Because its more likely that transfers will be from lower populated servers to more medium population servers.