I found a blue version of it:

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/h2JQBRd

But no Green Version except 22A, if i reverse engeenir them i get:

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/fcmCmuC

Where do i get the normal mettle mod without A, i need Crit Rating over

Willpower not the other way around i asked everywhere no one not even Google

himself knows this...

All assassins in my guild are pledging me to get this lol

2. Certain quest rewards and dropped items seem to be immune to RE'ing despite being in line with what a profession is able to RE. This is likely an oversight.

Is anyone keeping a list of these items that can't be RE? Is BW aware of this issue or is it a design decision?

It would be great if the first post had a way of tracking these items.

Artifice

Name: Ithorian Assault Focus

- Offhand General

- Level 11

- Requires Focus

Edited by Mervent

Assuming successful RE every 5 times (20%)

rofl.

I Fricking WISH!!

more like under 2% it seems to me.

70 attempts on blue implant and still no artifact BP.

And if/when i do manage to get one... it still wont be as good as daily/champion implants - which take no effort to get at all.

:sadface:

Regarding the re process and sucess rate.

I am crafting hilts+mods (obviously with artifice) and i noticed the following. Pre lvl 14 of said items (this is character lvl requirement abt 29-31) i usually had to re abt 5-6 blues max. Usually no more than 4 to get a purple one.

However for the last several days aI have been an abyssmal luck with lvl 15 enchantments (that is for char lvl 35). I re ant 40 of them (20 of two different kinds) and had no luck getting a purple variant.

So, maybe at those lvl (some sort of invisible wall post 30 O_o?? ) the crit chance goes down considerably? Can ppl pls share their progress?

P.S. My char is 33 and artifice is at 340 smth (so this is a gray difficulty craft).

P.P.S. Oh and also .... I had quite a hard time selling my crafted purples after the nerf >_> people just do not want to give me their money anymore :(

This is a fabulous guide. Thanks to all who have posted. This may have been asked or maybe not (as it is more a forum ? than an RE ?) but l don't know what "Flag for a 'sticky'" means or how to go about doing this. I figured l would keep reading and maybe someone asked, but the ****** forum is growing faster than l can read it (and that's with skimming).

Seriously, it is growing about 1 page every 2 minutes...W T F ? LOL That is AMAZING!!!!

It would seem that you have created THE posting for RE ?s...gratz on getting your posting skill to level II. =8-Þ

Other than that, l would say my success in REing has been outstanding.

I can RE green -> blue -> purple on average in about 20 total craftings. (Is that a word?)

Gratz again on the guide and if anything stellar happens when l RE, l know where to go.

Regarding the re process and sucess rate.

I am crafting hilts+mods (obviously with artifice) and i noticed the following. Pre lvl 14 of said items (this is character lvl requirement abt 29-31) i usually had to re abt 5-6 blues max. Usually no more than 4 to get a purple one.

However for the last several days aI have been an abyssmal luck with lvl 15 enchantments (that is for char lvl 35). I re ant 40 of them (20 of two different kinds) and had no luck getting a purple variant.

So, maybe at those lvl (some sort of invisible wall post 30 O_o?? ) the crit chance goes down considerably? Can ppl pls share their progress?

P.S. My char is 33 and artifice is at 340 smth (so this is a gray difficulty craft).

P.P.S. Oh and also .... I had quite a hard time selling my crafted purples after the nerf >_> people just do not want to give me their money anymore :(

I'm having the same problem. I'm crafting 290.

I've been trying to RE enhancement 11 green to blue one. After 50-70 try I've still nothing. And it's not the first item I've this problem with. It is like some item can't be RE at all ...

Edited by MastahFR

I Have RE'd Tactical Assault Shotgun 45 times so far without a single recipe proc, and I'm at level 180 armstech.. Starting to wonder if they can be RE'd...

There are also a few vibro knives I haven't been able to re the green into blues yet. I've noticed that the shotguns and these knives all say "This weapon can only be used by special abilities" in their info. I wonder if that's why there is no success in RE'ing them to get the critical, redoubt, overkill versions. Maybe you have to have the special ability to be able to do it? I've seen a few people not be able to do the shotguns, but haven't heard anything about the knives yet, has anyone else had any trouble with them?

rofl.

I Fricking WISH!!

more like under 2% it seems to me.

70 attempts on blue implant and still no artifact BP.

And if/when i do manage to get one... it still wont be as good as daily/champion implants - which take no effort to get at all.

:sadface:

Ouch man, Sounds like the RNG gods hate you. FTR I have no quantifiable data on the %chances for a schematic from an RE, I made up the numbers as more of an indication of potential costs. Also if you are crafting implants, then you are on the linear tree (I believe) which may use a different % to those of us on the 1-3-15 tre.

Regards

Wolf

I've actually started keeping track of every item I craft and then reverse engineer, as well as the resulting recipe, if any. So eventually, I should have some pretty solid data to figure out percentages.

I keep wrestling with myself over what data to track beyond this. It seems that my skill rating may factor in to the percentages, but since I'm not starting fresh for this project, I'd be lacking a substantial portion of earlier data.

Does anyone have any requests or suggestions for what I should consider tracking? Bear in mind the more details I track, the more tedious it becomes, and the less fun it is. ;-)

Something is seriously jacked up w/ REing. I've done 60+ REs trying to get a good combo for an Artifact and 3 times they are all + pressence which my second one I got a "You already know this schematic" bs message. I'm getting really fed up with this crafting. RE discoveries sounded great but the headache is getting unbelievable with all the crap that it is providing with either just no discoveries even after 20+ attempts or just plain utter crap combos.

Is there some kind of crafting level requirement to reverse engineer looted goods? I'm an armorsmith and I have an inventory full of armor that I can't RE. I'm holding onto it in case at some point the game allows me to, but of course it's taking up a lot of space.

Am I wasting my time?

Any idea what the level reqs are?

Anyone figure out if you can RE artifact items for schematics yet? I'm not burning resources if not.

PS they need to fix the freakin item colors. There's 8 distinct colors in a kindergarten box of crayola crayons, yet we have two slightly different shades of purple for Artifact and Legendary items. What happened to red, brown, yellow, or black?

I don't get it why some purples have tier 1 prefixes like blues while others have tier 2 prefixes. Do i have to RE the the tier 1 prefix artifact to get a tier 2 prefix artifact? Also i have learned a lot about crafting through experience and this guide, but i cant quite grasp the regular/exceptional/superior/masterpiece concept that appear on some schematics while they do not appear on others.

Good Day Reverse Engineerer...

I need your help... IN FACT

Everyone need your help...

Yes It's a crazy Idea... but that's how we can go far...

Please take 5 - 10 minutes of your time go to :

Listing Thread

And post all the Reverse Engineering you found

I will update all the post at the top with respective Crew Skill !!!

I'm wondering if some recipe are either ... INCREDIBLY hard to get recipe from or... there is just SIMPLY just no recipe for that particular item...

The reason I came to that ? After reading some people saying that they have been REing that SPECIFIC Item and not getting anything .. And me on my own trials ... 1 Specific blue Item (that I don't remember the name) like 25 Time didn't get anything... Decided to go on an other one... BANG right away (ok ok ... maybe 2 or 3 tries maximum)

So if you're nice enough just go post your crew skill what is the item Prototype or Artifact and I'll update the post at the top...

I don't get it why some purples have tier 1 prefixes like blues while others have tier 2 prefixes. Do i have to RE the the tier 1 prefix artifact to get a tier 2 prefix artifact?

That is correct. When you buy the recipe from the trainer it will either be a green recipe or a blue recipe to start. (Do we get purple recipes to start at higher levels?) If the recipe starts out as green, the upgrade path is like this:

Base Premium item --> Tier 1 Prototype item --> Tier 2 Artifact item

If the recipe starts out as blue, the upgrade path is like this:

Base Prototype item --> Tier 1 Artifact item --> Tier 2 Artifact item

Also i have learned a lot about crafting through experience and this guide, but i cant quite grasp the regular/exceptional/superior/masterpiece concept that appear on some schematics while they do not appear on others.

I'm not sure on "regular", but the others are:

• [Exceptional] - Getting a critical roll while crafting a Premium item results in an item with this tag. It will have an Augment slot.
  • [Advanced] - Getting a critical roll while crafting a Prototype item or a Tier 1 Artifact item results in an item with this tag. It will have an Augment slot.
  • [superior] - All Artifact items with a Tier 2 prefix have this tag at the end. They don't have any special new slots...it just helps to differentiate a Tier 1 Artifact from a Tier 2 Artifact.
  • [Masterpiece] - Getting a critical roll while crafting a Tier 2 Artifact item results in an item with this tag. It will replace the "Superior" tag and gives the item an Augment slot.

I just hit 400 biochem and noticed something odd. All the lvl 50 schematics for blue and purple adernals, medpacks and stims can be bought at the trainer so you only have to RE implants. Then the question is, can you RE the purple adernals, medpacks and stims to something? Why are they even selling them? Its kinda expensive schematics(20k each, the green ones ar around 2-3k) but still would be much more expensive to get them by REing.

Does cybertech get the purple schematics for greandes at trainer to?

Edited by Berjiz

Amazing guide! Everything I had and was ready to add has already been mentioned. I had to read through quite a list of postings to make sure I didn't repost what someone had already said.

Glad to see such a community of crafters!

I will post anything NEW when I come across it while synthweaving (assuming ya'll don't beat me to it)

Also a question... When dropping a crew skill you lose all skill level, but do you lose the learned schematics??

Could I drop Synthweaving, level Biochem, then come back to Synthweaving with 0 skill but all my schematics?? I'm not ballsy enough to test this myself =p

Edited by RJChief