[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after reading all the pages, the conclusion is, once you have hit artifact, your done. there are no legendaries to be had from RE.

That there killed crafting for me once again. Glad I didnt waste 100+ tier six purples to find that out.

I'm sure someone out there is though.

So I read the guide, thank you so much for this guide it was a HUGE help. I was wondering if anywhere out there someone has compiled a full list of schematics that can be crafted for each crafting skill, including trainable and looted or found schematics? Even something that just gives names for the items?

I couldn't find one anywhere, yet, so I decided to start a excel spreadsheet to list all schematics for each crafting skill. One that will show each prefix tier and which they branch off from. As well as listing the custom schematics for each crafting type that has them. Just names for the items no stats or anything just something that can be referenced when looking at the schematic list on a character to see what ones are still needed.

Once I am finished, IF I can figure out how to do it, (and I find out no one else already has) I plan to make it download-able so that anyone can use it to find out which schematics they are missing and how to obtain them (RE/Trainable/Lootable/GTN purchaseable).

So if anyone has seen something similar to this, I know torhead.com has pages for the schematics but that's not what I am doing, please let me know so I can check it out.:D

Can Custom (Orange) items be critically crafted?

While research is currently ongoing in this department, the answer seems to be yes. We have 100% confirmation that at least the weapons that weapon crafters can make which are pre-filled with mods can be critically crafted to gain an augment slot.

While it would be logical to assume then that the empty orange schematics created by armor crafters are also eligible for a crit, this hasn't been the experience of people testing it out. For now, it seems Custom armor is not eligible for a crit. I will update if someone proves this false.

Decided to test this bit out this evening for myself, using a Grade 1 (Skill Level 20) orange recipe on my Armormech slave. Yes, this was a complete waste no matter the outcome, because a) you can't RE oranges and b) this particular item is Republic classes only and I'm on Empire.

I crafted 28 of them, and 8 times I got the critical success message from my companions... and no augment slots added. For now, I'd say it's simply not possible.. unless someone can provide actual proof to convince me otherwise. (And yes, I do have that good of luck with criticals... no idea why, gotta love RNG).

OK, this might sound a little bit strange, but today I was crafting some Premium items to learn the Tier 1 version, and one of the droid parts from Cybertech drop me, instead of a Tier 1, a Tier 2 version (Overkill). Has someone had this before? I assume it is a bug or that my wookie is a very intelligent thingy :D

PS: Btw, I know it was Premium because I have not prototype droid parts in my crafting yet

Edited by valhim

Can anyone confirm the missing Redoubt T2 is Serenity, as someone said? Missed the screenshot.

Also, take this with a grain of salt: it seems to me that I'm getting more recipes from REing crit-crafted gear. I just wish I had kept stats on that. Thoughts on that?

Don't look down

Its like my saber which I included again in the picture above, the hilt makes the item rating and damage, and I believe crit crafting makes it 50, since the recipe starts as a 48.

REing an item through the tiers does not affect the level, nor does critically crafting an item. The level of a modification in an orange, if higher than the baseline level of that orange, will raise the "level" of the orange.

Don't look down

Edited by face_hindu
added part about critting

I crafted my lightsaber with Jaesa, Max affection 10000

It crit to exceptional and there was NOTHING in the augment slot.

I put in that purple +28 str augment.

It came with mods we cannot obtain in game, at least that I Found.

It has Might 23 Hilt, Orange + 27 power crystal ( dont remember the number )

and two more blue level 23 mods I believe.

Given the fact of the changes to the modding system inc, this is now the BIS weapon you can obtain.

For anyone that hasn't seen

http://i.imgur.com/CjNTw.jpg

I know this is my third post in a row, but I feel like this^ got lost in the shuffle.

Morsexy, you critically crafted an orange saber, and the Aug slot was empty - the modifications in the saber were there when you crafted it? That's no orange crystal - that's a magenta, am I right? You didn't put that in the saber after?

Don't look down

And btw, a few questions/answers:

1) Cybertechers :D Our mods and armour seems to be only updatable to a Tier 1 blue level (I mean, same name in blue and different statistics). Can they be updatable to more than one Tier 2 purple items? Or just one? For example, Skill Armour level 7 (green) will give Skill Armour level 7 (blue). No prefix (I'm sure, I have nearly all of them up to my level). Same goes for the purple? Skill Armour level 7 blue gives purple and that's all?

2) Ship parts are also updatable? I mean, Grade 4 blue missiles (schematic) can be updatable to their Tier 1, and then to Tier 2?

3) I have read a few pages back someone asking a question about droid parts with mods, if RE is possible or not. Well, it is, I have REd a lot of droid parts extracting the mods, and never had a problem (or just the ones given by the trainer)

And btw, a few questions/answers:

1) Cybertechers :D Our mods and armour seems to be only updatable to a Tier 1 blue level (I mean, same name in blue and different statistics). Can they be updatable to more than one Tier 2 purple items? Or just one? For example, Skill Armour level 7 (green) will give Skill Armour level 7 (blue). No prefix (I'm sure, I have nearly all of them up to my level). Same goes for the purple? Skill Armour level 7 blue gives purple and that's all?

Mods and armor fall under the linear upgrade path and will not receive any prefixes. You will be able to RE the blue mod into one purple schematic, but no further.

2) Ship parts are also updatable? I mean, Grade 4 blue missiles (schematic) can be updatable to their Tier 1, and then to Tier 2?

We can't reverse engineer ship upgrades, so no.

OK, this might sound a little bit strange, but today I was crafting some Premium items to learn the Tier 1 version, and one of the droid parts from Cybertech drop me, instead of a Tier 1, a Tier 2 version (Overkill). Has someone had this before? I assume it is a bug or that my wookie is a very intelligent thingy :D

PS: Btw, I know it was Premium because I have not prototype droid parts in my crafting yet

Overkill is a Tier 1 prefix.

Also there are no premium droid parts. The only green schematics create moddable items (like oranges). The rest are all blue. Which makes sense that when you RE them you get a purple and automatically THINK it's a T2, but in fact it was only a T1 purple, which the prefix already told you.

Um, while I can't tell you with 100% confidence that this is flat out impossible, I've never heard of any such thing happening. First of all, indications are that you cannot in fact gain a schematic by RE-ing drops. Secondly, even if you could I can't see why it would produce a schematic item and not learn it directly to your skill window like all other RE-ing.

I'll take your word for it. :) Thanks! You saved me from wasting a lot of time...

REing drops for schematics is too good to be true, I guess. :) That's unfortunate as it would have opened up a lot of possibilities.

Edited by MuratReis

@OP:

This forum DOES allow creating jumpable links to different parts of your post.

Use the following syntax:

Create a link to another part:

[jumpto=PopularQuestions]Frequently Asked Questions[/jumpto]

Link the link to the part you want to jump to:

[aname=PopularQuestions]Frequently Asked Questions[/aname]

Quote my post to see the code.

Edited by Rhaphael

Also there are no premium droid parts. The only green schematics create moddable items (like oranges). The rest are all blue. Which makes sense that when you RE them you get a purple and automatically THINK it's a T2, but in fact it was only a T1 purple, which the prefix already told you.

OK, OK, wait a sec here :D So, green goes to purple in droids, right? And we can't advance blues to purple? That will be a stupid thing to do, no? I mean, from the OP guide, greens go to blues, blues to purple, if I go from green to purple, what's the point? Can I advance my Overkill purple if it's a Tier 1?

Also, thanks, for the info, mr.flippy, checked wrong in the OP list :rolleyes:

Edited by valhim

@OP:

Wow, thanks! That's pretty awesome! Someone had told me it wasn't possible, and since I couldn't find a button to do it I just assumed they were right. So, thank you, that will be a big help in formatting the guide for easy reading.

Edit: Just implemented this, and wow, such a simple thing and it makes the guide feel so much nicer, I really appreciate you pointing that out to me!

Edited by Slaign

Good job with the Q&A section. I implemented the same thing a while back and it definitely helped with peoples questions!

Also nice job with the layout too, looking a lot like my own work. Definitely makes things easier. Keep up the good work slaign!

So I just started to give it a go at RE Enhancesments 22 to get purple schematics some Ive gotten lucky. My first two schematics where on my 2nd and 3rd try.

But im trying to RE another item and im at 15 or so tries.

I think the RE system needs to increase you're odds or something when you reach a critical number of that specific item you're trying to RE it in order to get the purple schematic. Im sure theirs people out their that have more attempts with no success.

XSV

I think the RE system needs to increase you're odds or something when you reach a critical number of that specific item you're trying to RE it in order to get the purple schematic. Im sure theirs people out their that have more attempts with no success.

XSV

You don't want this. Reason, it would pretty much kill any marketability for anything less than highest level crit/RE'd items. Why would anyone buy a blue item when they know that purple item is just around the corner. Just a matter of waiting out the RNG which would go progressively in your favor.

The only way I could foresee it working in your suggested idea is to have purples be a one-time craft and then you must crit/RE the blue again until you learn it again.

@OP:

Bravo for finding/knowing that one!

Fantastic guide! Thanks for clearing things up for me.

If I might suggest something though - It would be nice with more details on RE'ing base prototype items, and in turn RE'ing tier 1 artifact items acquired from RE'ing base prototype items.

Currently I've RE'd a base prototype item that (after only 2 attempts - lucky me) yielded a tier 1 schematic for that item.

Now I've got a tier 1 artifact item with a higher rating than it's base prototype item (which is normal) but also higher stats.

The base prototype item had 3 different stat bonuses - str, end, crit. When it turned into a tier 1 artifact item (with the critical prefix), it still had the same 3 stat bonuses, only the crit bonus was increased. This would seem logic.

Now, if I RE the tier 1 artifact item to tier 2, I assume it will get a 4th stat bonus, without having any of the previous stat bonuses increased. However, if the base prototype item had given a schematic for any of the two other upgrade paths, redoubt or overkill, it would have gotten a 4th stat bonus already, as redoubt and overkill doesn't give stat bonuses to either str, end, or crit, and by RE that item, the next tier 2 item would in turn end up with 5 different stat bonuses.

That would have been bonuses to str, end, crit, power, and alacrity if the item had the supremacy prefix on top of the overkill prefix.

You can also get what I did - twice the bonus amount for one stat by upgrading a base prototype item in a tier 1 path that gives a bonus stat identical to one of the stats the base item had already.

Am I correct in assuming all this? If I am, I think it would be info worth putting in the OP.

Edited by Korixx

Great post! Thanks!

Ive one question... For any smart cookie armstech out there. Im trying to unlock the epic recipe for the lvl50 vibrosword. So ive far reversed greens and unlocked the blue "redoubt" prefix, i then continued reversing greens to unlock the blue "overkill" prefix.

I then started reversing the blue "overkill" prefix in an effort to discover an epic version... With any prefix lol. Problem is, after 30 odd reverses ive yet to discover anything. Im wondering if the inability to discover epic versions of the vibroknife and scattergun also apply to vibroswords?

Any help is appreciated!

[edit] The next reverse after posting this i unlocked the pattern for the "Vehemance" prefix... Aclarity... On a mellee weapon... So do i continue reversing blues to get another prefix or do i have to reverse epics now?

Edited by Homehopper

[edit] The next reverse after posting this i unlocked the pattern for the "Vehemance" prefix... Aclarity... On a mellee weapon... So do i continue reversing blues to get another prefix or do i have to reverse epics now?

in your case (starting with green) blues.

Edited by tloris

Great post! Thanks!

Ive one question... For any smart cookie armstech out there. Im trying to unlock the epic recipe for the lvl50 vibrosword. So ive far reversed greens and unlocked the blue "redoubt" prefix, i then continued reversing greens to unlock the blue "overkill" prefix.

I then started reversing the blue "overkill" prefix in an effort to discover an epic version... With any prefix lol. Problem is, after 30 odd reverses ive yet to discover anything. Im wondering if the inability to discover epic versions of the vibroknife and scattergun also apply to vibroswords?

Any help is appreciated!

You keep RE the blue "overkill" to get a different T2 purple schematic, The 30+ was poor luck and I had to RE over 50 Overkill Force Master Sash to get the purple, and when I RE my Overkill Force Master Headgear I got the T2 purple after the second one.