Most servers are dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

:rak_02:This game is on a slow spiral circling a drain. I watched this game go from one of the best most anticipated games ever (which i still love) to this ghost town of a game due to your refusal to realize this game needs to have the mergers NOW. NOT THIS SUMMER:mad:. I have watched the population on Zaalbar drop steadily the past few weeks. Now we are lucky if there are 30 people on fleet at a time. I'm not saying they cancelled or are out of game time. I'm saying these people will not log in at all. The fact is that yes there are good Population servers. Like The Fatman, but for us that are not on those servers it's like a kick in the face to be paying to play what is basically a single player game on our server. There is even talk amongst guilds of completely moving their guild over to other games. And yes a few have done this already. I understand that merging servers could leave to problems, BUT if you do not at least offer transfers immediately/soon to the servers that have a low amount of people logging in/ low population server's. These players WILL leave the game for other MMO's. I don't want to see this game fail, and i'm not trying to put the game crew at BIOWARE down, but this is just utter crap. We all know that you have the ability to offer the Server transfers, because you did it for asia-pacific players. We don't need more new content atm. We dont need the minor glitches fixed yet. WE NEED to be able to play this game to its full extent, and all of us on light Pop server's don't want to wait for sometime in the summer to have our transfers. This is currently the biggest issue with SWTOR. If this is fixed i guarentee people will come back, and re-sub for the game, but ATM what kind of new player would want to buy a game when they know the game has population issues. Yes more of them buying it would fix the issue too, but while the bad hype is on facebook, and MMO sites/forums then not enough people will buy the game i believe. I love this game, I love star wars, but this could kill your game with all the new MMO's set for release. SWTOR must cement its standing before people leave for other games . I will not be re-subbing after my time runs out until this issue has been fixed.:rak_01:

I feel your pain. I'm from Zaalbar myself then re-rolled in Fatman. It's like night and day. I've logged into Zaalbar three times since leaving and fleet is just quiet. No chat at all and it seemed everybody that was in there was at the GTN terminals.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are among thousands. BW just ignores us and says its coming. here check this post about server transfers in early summer.

What they are IGNORING is that we need them now. Servers are dead and getting worse each day. And still we get nothing but regurgitated information that is completely useless and does not help give us any clarity to when they plan on fixing this dead server issue. Just more delay and coming soon.

BW WE DONT WANT TO HEAR COMING SOON. TELL US NOW. you have a dying community of players that want to play your game that completely sux atm and you are doing and saying nothing about it.

Here is what you do BW since it is apparent you are either slow or confused.

1. Since the game blows and there are no people to play with. this game should be free untill then. YES FREE. FROM NOW TILL YOUR EARLY SUMMER!!! FREE TO PLAY!

2. The date that server transfers are going to be available should be posted 2 - 3 weeks ago. SO THAT MEANS GIVES US A DATE TODAY so we can atleast begin to plan with guilds and groups to what servers we want to go to.

3. All servers should be available to choose from.

4. ALL TRANSFERS SHOULD BE FREE REGARDLESS OF WHERE WE WANT TO GO (this is your fault that the game kinda sux and you are losing scribs. Not ours. It is rather insulting that you even dare make us pay to move to any server. BW AND EA, you created your launch and server pops for the most part. YOU segregated they community so badly and now you dare say we have to pay for this. NO all transfers should be free. With a grace period of a week to decide if you want to stay. After that you get 1 free bee to move and after that you charge.

This is what your dismal community of players who are left playing this game are asking for. And really after all the failed patches. False promises, and lack of direct involvement with this issue. YOU OWE ALL OF THE ABOVE TO US!

thanks

You do realize that the according the the terms of the TOS and EULA that YOU and everyone else agreed to, BW owes us NOTHING, right?

That said, I would also like to see server transfers become available. I say transfers as opposed to mergers due to the potential issues surrounding legacies and character names. I know that if I choose to transfer to a server where my chosen name or legacy is unavailable, I will have to choose a new name and/or legacy. The person who had the name/legacy on that server first gets to keep it. What happens when two or more servers are merged and multiple have the character names and/or legacies? Who gets to keep their names/legacy?

I wonder if EA's plan from the beginning was to hook players into the game then switch to a F2P system.

The legacy system, with its need for deep time and credit investments for minimal returns, certainly looks like something designed for a F2P game. "You can play for hours and hours and eventually get this little perk, or spend 150 Origin points and get it now".

Edited by ohpleasework

The legacy system, with its need for deep time and credit investments for minimal returns, certainly looks like something designed for a F2P game. "You can play for hours and hours and eventually get this little perk, or spend 150 Origin points and get it now".

I could really see this happening now that you mention it.

Reminds me a lot of Tribes: Ascend F2P model.

Either spend your life unlocking things or invest 20 bucks "just this one time" to get a head start.

You do realize that the according the the terms of the TOS and EULA that YOU and everyone else agreed to, BW owes us NOTHING, right?

That said, I would also like to see server transfers become available. I say transfers as opposed to mergers due to the potential issues surrounding legacies and character names. I know that if I choose to transfer to a server where my chosen name or legacy is unavailable, I will have to choose a new name and/or legacy. The person who had the name/legacy on that server first gets to keep it. What happens when two or more servers are merged and multiple have the character names and/or legacies? Who gets to keep their names/legacy?

That's nice and all. Good thing EULA's don't hold up in a court of law now either.

bioware heres some simple math. people are unsubbing due to dead server. solution, make server changes available! like yesterday!

Sometimes I think that BioWare's intention is to make it so worse that nobody will stay... as if they would get something for making this game a failure. But it is most likely that they just have nobody who actually knows how to make such things (the bugs with each patch tell us how incompetent they are).

If you go right now and check the server list. There is 1 heavy server and only one. 7 standard and the rest are light.

Its crazy. And its the reason many people cant enjoy the game . Everyone is so spread out till it feels like theres noone there at all.

If you go right now and check the server list. There is 1 heavy server and only one. 7 standard and the rest are light.

Its crazy. And its the reason many people cant enjoy the game . Everyone is so spread out till it feels like theres noone there at all.

+1

First u mess up ME3 ending, got me so mad i actully did think it over to not play swtor.

But after a few days to calm down, i sat down to play a little swtor again.

But all servers are light populated, and only a few on standard from eu.

I will not pay to play a single player game, then ill stick with ME3 - multiplayer. or skyrim.

Please fix it soon, not enough u have competition from Diablo 3, ? this fix should have been here before that.

If bioware will not fix servers, then i demand that we will be able to take all our companions with us instead of just 1 :D

+1

First u mess up ME3 ending, got me so mad i actully did think it over to not play swtor.

But after a few days to calm down, i sat down to play a little swtor again.

But all servers are light populated, and only a few on standard from eu.

I will not pay to play a single player game, then ill stick with ME3 - multiplayer. or skyrim.

Please fix it soon, not enough u have competition from Diablo 3, ? this fix should have been here before that.

If bioware will not fix servers, then i demand that we will be able to take all our companions with us instead of just 1 :D

I agree the fix to this should have been here by now why they are holding it back is beyond me. And i dont buy into the whole development crap anymore. As a NASA test monkey could have got this crap together by now.

Its being held back for what reason i have no idea but i honestly believe it is intentional.

Edited by Nyteblades

That's EXACTLY the problem. They have MORE than enough players, they opened way too many servers. We don't need all those servers. Its borderline crazy how many they opened just because it was the holiday. Raise the damn server caps.

That's EXACTLY the problem. They have MORE than enough players, they opened way too many servers. We don't need all those servers. Its borderline crazy how many they opened just because it was the holiday. Raise the damn server caps.

All of this could have been avoided had have less servers and higher server caps at launch. Now look around 90% of total US servers are light and we already starting peak time.

so we just keep maxing out threads and they continue to say "early summer"? mmk then....

Yea and the sad part is thats all they will say. Some people have already tried to take pot shots at me for the hardline i took on twitter with SR. But fact is i felt like we deserved a solid answer and not some round about trash.

But i was frankly informed they have no intentions of updateing us on features in progress. It against thier policy to update us on those things. So we are exspected to just w8 indefinatly untill they feel the urge to fill us in.

Even when its an issue thats breaking the game for many people. I cant speak for anyone else but to me thats about as big a BS policy as i have ever heard of.

And before anyone tries to post just part of the conversations here's a link to the whole thing https://twitter.com/#!/

Edited by Nyteblades

As a NASA test monkey could have got this crap together by now.

Its being held back for what reason i have no idea but i honestly believe it is intentional.

There is one in every crowd. I knew it wouldn't be long before the first conspiracy theory would appear...

There is one in every crowd. I knew it wouldn't be long before the first conspiracy theory would appear...

Well if it isn't a conspiracy then the amount of stupid is high among them, which would you rather have? Something is going on internally, something twisted.

Edited by Tuscad

Well if it isn't a conspiracy then the amount of stupid is high among them, which would you rather have? Something is going on internally, something twisted.

I agree i think it is taking far to long with way to little info to be only technical holding them back.

I agree i think it is taking far to long with way to little info to be only technical holding them back.

Reminds me of SOE actually, they didn't say much they just released content(NGE) out of the blue.

I dunno. Not to defend anyone or anything, but.... it could be a combination of the two as well. Such as, their diabolical plan ran into a snag, which has caught a serious amount of stupid in its net, causing this current situation.

I mean, Im just saying. It doesnt have to be just one. It could be both.

I dunno. Not to defend anyone or anything, but.... it could be a combination of the two as well. Such as, their diabolical plan ran into a snag, which has caught a serious amount of stupid in its net, causing this current situation.

I mean, Im just saying. It doesnt have to be just one. It could be both.

LOL its only funny cause chances are its true.

I rerolled to a server that was pretty healthy months ago. I'm sitting on that server leveling on Balmorra with just 4 other Republic. This server pales in comparison to The Fatman. Nobody will be happy unless they're playing on 1 of the top 5 servers.

Nobody will be happy unless they're playing on 1 of the top 5 servers.

I disagree. But people will be unhappy if the active population ratio between the #5 server and the #30 server is 5:1. Or worse.

Edited by Macroecon