Which class has (in your opinion) overall the best and which the worst companions?

Path-x

Oh, I am not saying Skadge is the person that has to be anywhere near you - the biggest bounty in the galaxy. He is just not that bad and useless as his haters picturing him. I would say the last conversation with him was almost touchy. No, wrong wording when we are talking about Skadge - ok, almost decent :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike Skadge but I don't think his character is as terrible as everybody else does. Frankly, playing a BH I expected to run into more people like him, instead the most sinister person on my ship (pre-Skadge) was Gault. So I think Skadge definitely fills a big personality hole that most people expected from a BH's crew.

There's sinister and then there's the Iceman without charm, grace or discretion. Skadge even complains every time I send him on a mission. Keeping Skadge even as dark side is questionable at best.

There's sinister and then there's the Iceman without charm, grace or discretion. Skadge even complains every time I send him on a mission. Keeping Skadge even as dark side is questionable at best.

Iceman? I find Skadge's complaints kind of amusing, of course I think the best companion mission comment is Gault's "Better than getting shot at." so perhaps I just don't mind being complained at. I think Skadge's failed mission comment is the best (it's something like "I got bored, you do it.") I also kind of like that he calls my BH 'runt.' The rest of the crew fawns over me enough.

Perhaps it's because I've played a consular, but I don't find Skadge boring and that's all I really ask of a companion. Just wish his quests on Belsavis were better conceived (or rather, were rewritten once the ability to kill companions was removed).

Imperial Agent's companions are all social outcasts just like the agent him/her self.

Trooper comps. are very meh. There are no twists and turns so they are all rather boring. I thought Yuun was cool though his story was basically absent.

Smuggler I like Corso for his humor.

For me, best and worst are actually BOTH Bounty Hunter companions.

Best: Blizz. Great ranged tank/DPS and he's just a riot to have with you. :D

Worst: Skadge, of course. As a melee tank, he's useless, and he's a damned CREEPER! When he made a sexist crack about Mako, I was hoping for a convo option that said [Attack]. I'm looking forward to the day if or when BioWare lets us shove him out the airlock while in Hyperspace....

Edited by Captain_Zone

I actually DID roll a Pureblood Trooper just to *****slap Jorgan after the way he treats the Trooper during the Ord Mantell campaign.

Hey now, leave my kitty cat out of this! :p Haven't you ever heard of 'treat em mean keep em keen?' Worked for my trooper, she is eating out of his hand now, all because he was an *** to start with. Purr! :rolleyes: Although, I would still like to slap him. o.O In the nicest way, of course.

Edited by Taalbert

Iceman? I find Skadge's complaints kind of amusing, of course I think the best companion mission comment is Gault's "Better than getting shot at." so perhaps I just don't mind being complained at. I think Skadge's failed mission comment is the best (it's something like "I got bored, you do it.") I also kind of like that he calls my BH 'runt.' The rest of the crew fawns over me enough.

Perhaps it's because I've played a consular, but I don't find Skadge boring and that's all I really ask of a companion. Just wish his quests on Belsavis were better conceived (or rather, were rewritten once the ability to kill companions was removed).

The Iceman was a mob hitman. I didn't link him because listening to him is really disturbing but if you google "mob hitman" his interviews should be one of the first results.Full name Richard Leonard "The Iceman" Kuklinski if there's any question.

Consular would probably explain it. That story line is just painful. I know after playing Inquis first, SW was the greatest ever until the post Voss incident. When I was able to look at it for itself, I wanted to space everyone not named Jaesa and Pierce.

Interesting thread! Of course this sort of thing depends a lot on how you play and if you are more LS/DS. But still, I think some classes get a more versatile/varied bunch than others. Since people have different preferences, I think that is really important.

Best:

Sith Warrior -- nice variety here and the crew seems pretty balanced in terms of personalities and alignment. You've got your cute and sassy, your prim and proper, and your murder and mayhem types.They also seem to work well with each other; for example, Pierce and Quinn compliment each other nicely.

Bounty Hunter -- well, except for Skadge :p Seems to be a well-rounded crew; you can run with a Mandalorian warrior, a clever and witty criminal, someone adorable and sweet, or a big ugly monster.

Worst:

Jedi Consular -- IMHO Qyzen lacks the "cool", "funny" or "cute" factor that makes other non-human-ish companions well liked (such as Blizz and Guss), and Tharan seems a little too "love or hate". Plus, romance options are too late in the story, and to add insult to injury, Iresso is rather uninteresting and Nadia may as well be a 16-year-old and is also your Padawan. Zenith is actually one of my favorite companions, but I think he feels a little underdeveloped.

Imperial Agent -- their companions are interesting and unique, but IMHO they are not varied enough in terms of alignment and hmm, how to say it, niceness? Camaraderie factor? My agent is low leveled, but playing LS I get the idea that the only companion that my character could actually trust and would stick by her is Vector. Who you do not get until Alderaan, which is another issue as that is a long time the IA has to wait for a second class companion.

Jedi Consular -- IMHO Qyzen lacks the "cool", "funny" or "cute" factor that makes other non-human-ish companions well liked (such as Blizz and Guss),

Agreed. A good example is Khem from the Inq storyline - He's probably what they were trying for with Qyzen and failed at. I couldn't care less about Qyzen's ridiculous story and I am so sick of hearing about the scorekeeper. Khem on the other hand was always entertaining, and his over the top emo attitude was charming in its humor. His storyline meant something and was surprisingly deep, and above all else, he was more useful from a gameplay standpoint. I don't think there's a better melee tank companion out there.

Hey now, leave my kitty cat out of this! :p Haven't you ever heard of 'treat em mean keep em keen?' Worked for my trooper, she is eating out of his hand now, all because he was an *** to start with. Purr! :rolleyes: Although, I would still like to slap him. o.O In the nicest way, of course.

I had to go through it RL in Basic, so I wasn't too thrilled with it when I started my Trooper ingame. :p

Agreed. A good example is Khem from the Inq storyline - He's probably what they were trying for with Qyzen and failed at. I couldn't care less about Qyzen's ridiculous story and I am so sick of hearing about the scorekeeper. Khem on the other hand was always entertaining, and his over the top emo attitude was charming in its humor. His storyline meant something and was surprisingly deep, and above all else, he was more useful from a gameplay standpoint. I don't think there's a better melee tank companion out there.

Also, Khem is arguably the most famous character in TOR. He was Tulak Hord's personal assassin.

But yeah, his sense of humor is is so dry, it makes the Dune Sea look like a vacation resort. :D

[quote=Gwena;4414491

Worst:

Jedi Consular -- IMHO Qyzen lacks the "cool", "funny" or "cute" factor that makes other non-human-ish companions well liked (such as Blizz and Guss), and Tharan seems a little too "love or hate". Plus, romance options are too late in the story, and to add insult to injury, Iresso is rather uninteresting and Nadia may as well be a 16-year-old and is also your Padawan. Zenith is actually one of my favorite companions, but I think he feels a little underdeveloped.

Imperial Agent -- their companions are interesting and unique, but IMHO they are not varied enough in terms of alignment and hmm, how to say it, niceness? Camaraderie factor? My agent is low leveled, but playing LS I get the idea that the only companion that my character could actually trust and would stick by her is Vector. Who you do not get until Alderaan, which is another issue as that is a long time the IA has to wait for a second class companion.

Agent companion "alignments" are actually pretty varied and don't go along simple "light/dark" choices.... so I really do enjoy them. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were "nice," obviously SCORPIO wasn't, Loken was kind of a father figure though, and Kaliyo was kind of a fun sidekick. Level them through, it gets better.

As for Consular, I mostly agree with your assessment. Zenith was awesome. Nadia was underdeveloped and came in too late. Qyzen was dry. However, I actually found Tharan to be one of the more entertaining companions in the game, and as far as Felix goes, I thought his storyline was interesting

turns out this mysteriously blacklisted trooper who I've been hanging out with has a sith holocron in his brain, and I gotta decide whether to sacrafice a buddy to find out whats inside or just live with the mystery. Pretty sweet stuff

Best: Kaliyo, had more missions than any other companion I've had, and they turned out to be damn interesting.

Worst: Sergeant Rusk. Boring, as dirt. Felt like he was just thrown in so I could have a ranged tank and had a really shallow story.

Worst: Sergeant Rusk. Boring, as dirt. Felt like he was just thrown in so I could have a ranged tank and had a really shallow story.

Rusk is on my list for "Why Are You Here?" companions.

Like you said, he's boring as dirt. He's also an incompetent field commander that believes in sacrificing his own men to accomplish the mission. It's basically by sheer luck that he's managed to survive so long.

In the real world, he would have been relieved of duty a long time ago and been forced into early retirement at the very least.

IMO, he should be in the Republic version of Ft. Leavenworth instead of being stuck with the Knight.