PvP Top Issues & Wishes \\ Thread Directory

Siddalee

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Level Brackets- Sure it's satisfying killing a lvl 50 with my lvl 30 but it's not balanced in the least. The difference in skills and gear give higher level players an advantage

-The healing trauma should only apply to self healing, I agree that Sages/sorcs shouldn't be able to just keep themselves alive through DPS, but it's silly to nerf my healing by 30% b/c somebody is being hit. Why else would I heal them???

-For Civil War I personally would like to see the turrets be captured based on time, similar to a Battlefield game of conquest. I had a game where I single handedly prevented 3 imps from capturing the left turret with my Sage. I force armored myself, force waved them away, and then quickly hit them up with my weaken mind (damage over time to prevent them from capturing). If you outnumber the enemy in a control point it should slowly capture, and should happen rapidly if none of them are in range of the turret (say 30m).

-Reward for open world PVP (based on level so you don't get rewarded for ganking low levels). At the very least give some quests, that reward a bit of XP, Solid Credits, and mercenary Comms. Maybe a daily quest where you kill one of each opposing class? (within 5 levels of you to count).

-Obviously as others have mentioned, the choice of what warzone you want to play would be appreciated.

In openfield Charge doesnt work it simply doesnt work.

So it makes Meles imposible to win against ( op) casters

Thank you

EDIT: I was simply bugged :p

Now make stealtehrs not able to stealth within 1 meter from you, or simply targeted.

Edited by Apokalypsis

When you are beaten, pick yourself up and figure out what it is you have to do to be better in pvp. Redefine your skill tree, practice more, figure out how a group functions in a pvp situation and how group buffs can help for example.

This does not seem to be a solo, I am god and can beat anyone on the server game. it seems more like a group pvp based game, and individual rantings about my class can do this, or needs that is simply a waste of time.

Most of this seems to be whining.

since ships are basically loney private vessels, why not have a global chat channel for everyone that is in ships? I know that it seems like they made all of the planets to have individual chat channels, so why not let everyone in ships share a chat channel or else simply enable another chat channel that is faction-wide.

peace

We abosolutly need some PvP brackets set up asap. no point to even join if u are not high level.

+500.

50 lvl MUST HAVE thier OWN brecket coz of it:

1) They have finished PvP- build and all skills which made PvP more easy vs low lvl.

2) 2 days i see full PvP geared 50 lvl who very strong in PvP vs all low lvl becaurse they have PvP damage reduce and PvP damage bonus versus players. Some healer's classes cant be bit 1 vs 1 and more 2-3 10-40 lvl vs 1 50 in full pvp.

Low lvls CANT have this pvp gear.

I think it not fair becaurse party's who have 50 lvls in the beginning gain advantage.

Edited by iwarlocki

I agree there should be some bracketing system for the war zones. Maybe the difference between the lowest and highest lvls shouldn't exceed 10 lvls. The problem being is will that limit the amount of war zones you can get into? :confused:

either way, it's sad when 3 lvl 30s can't take out a lvl 50. :(

DoTs need to not interrupt capturing or recapturing points. It makes PvP too linear and one dimensional and extremely frustrating.

The net code needs A LOT more work.

I can't count the amount of times I've CC'd someone as a Sniper with my root or knock back and they are in LoS to me on my screen and it keeps spamming that I can't see the target and then when the root effect ends they warp behind something that does LoS me.

Not sure that this is a PvP bug entirely, as it probably is just a class bug but as a Sniper there are times that I'm going into cover and being unable to use any abilities and it spams, "That ability isn't ready yet." Really? The ability doesn't have a cool down and wasn't interrupted.

Another class bug or really faulty feature that I've noticed for Snipers is that if you're rooted, you can't go into cover. Why? I'm not going anywhere anyway, why make a SIMPLE ROOT that's supposed to completely counter me by not letting me move ALSO completely shut down 70% of my abilities.

Concerning the Objective's and interrupts:

I'd like to see the Objectives be multi-player friendly. As in the more people *helping* the quicker they would respond. Also that way if 1 person got interrupted, others could still continue the task.

pvp brackets, im freaking sick of me being the highest level of 26 facing several 50s oh and my team is more then half level 11. i have lost more then 3/4 of the games i am in due to this.

And yes pvp healing is fked.I heal my rear off and get so very little credit.

im all kinds of upset about it.

class skills as well

scoundrel healers have very little defense. the jedi/sith healers have lots of ranged stuns push-backs and dps. scoundrels get eaten by them every time.

scoundrel need more defense in pvp

Thank you for putting up a useful thread that is both helpful to the GMs and players alike!

Healing needs some sort of boost in PvP, both in rewards and in the actual healing. I level/PvP with a smuggler, and he's always complaining about how he can't heal enough in PvP to do any good help. On top of that he doesn't have any real defensive skills, and level 45 and up and chain crits him to death, and there's NOTHING he can do about it. Can't heal because he gets interrupted, and because he's a lower level he get's smashed.

Right now if you see a level 30ish and up and you are a level 10ish, you know you are going to die. No ifs, ands, or butts about it. So either there needs to be brackets for PvP or the boost for lower levels needs more boosting. If a level 40 can pump out lets say 3k crits then that level 10 should be able to do 3k crits. Gear + dmg mitigation needs upgrading as well, if a level 40 has lets say something like 15% damage mitigation on some aspect then that level 10 should have something similar.

The Consular and Inquisitor always top the charts in War Zones, in either damage or heals...something needs to be done to balance them out.

Most classes only have one sort of "break out" of stun or slow ability on a TWO minute cool down, yet some classes have 4 "stuns". Either we need another "break out" ability or the cool down needs to get lowered. You can literally get stunned to death, most of the time from just one stun ability (usually JUST the Consular). The stun abilities are on a shorter cool down that the "break out" abilities, and there are more of them.

There also needs to be some sort of diminishing returns for PvP.

Thank you for reading!

This is PvP (Player vs Player)

why are Campanions (Computer) allowed in World PvP?

get rid of them please, they have no place in there, they should be restricted to only PvE.

plus any large battles they will just contribute to lag. I haven't done world PvP yet, but really I think having a computer roll with in PvP is pretty weak, and takes away from the fight between human players.

Great job OP, its nice to see constructive stuff in this forum.

I think its important in organizing this kind of stuff to focus on fixing game issues. I think all would agree on most of what is listed in your post (even some of the controversial stuff like brackets), issues like game/class balance however I'd honestly prefer to see the devs focus on more themselves via testing etc rather than the voices of us forumites. I've yet to cross any class that I think is absurdly good (CCs are annoying at times no doubt) I've had varying amounts of difficulty with the same class depending on who is playing them, their group composition and their ability to take advantage of my class' weaknesses. Issues like class balance seem like they should take a back seat at least until we have stuff like level brackets and repairs to the UI properly set up. Its definitely easy to assume an archetype (scoundrel/operative) is OP when a level 50 in expertise gear one shots you.

Loving the PvP so far. Really like the random nature of which arena you enter - and the gameplay action is excellent. Toons are well defined, roles, sound effects are very good etc.

Issues:

1. Currently some kind of bug where if I get hit and killed and toon lies dead - in certain cases - I can't get the toon back up at all - unless a opponent kills me and I end up back at start.

2. When entering Aldaaron warzone - you can see the speeders attached to like a merry-go-round pole sometimes. The glitch goes away after awhile. Also, sometimes I see someone else besides my toon riding the speeder. Odd.

3. When the server load is heavy - much more likely I may have a DC (disconnect) issue. I haven't had this problem in other MMO games - as my cable modem is rock solid. So I believe the IP connection issues are server side.

4. In the Void Star warzone - the beginning cut-scene has a Republic Fleet ship coming out of space. If I've played the warzone before - sometimes the ship will already be present - and a 2nd Republic Fleet ship shows up - overlaying the 1st ship. It's as if the graphics cache for the 1st ship was never cleared between warzones.

Can't think of anything more - the Warzones are nearly bug free - and I can mostly live with the 3 bugs above for now - though they do detract from game enjoyment when they do happen - but not so often - which is good. Overall - the main problems seem to be graphics related - not gameplay logic.

Wishes:

1. Sometimes playing against a team of very high lvl toons can be disheartening. I DO like the idea of playing with mixed levels and would prefer it be kept. So some kind of balance mechanism would help here. Perhaps having some kind of team LEVEL heuristic - so say if Team 1 has 3 50s - then Team 2 will be allowed 4 30s - etc. i.e. change the size of each team depending on level.

Overall however - current gameplay is not too bad though even as is - just needs a bit of tweaking - when the teams are way too imbalanced, say, when you play against a bunch of 30s and 40s - and have only 20s or 15s toons then there is a problem... When both teams are fairly mixed - I'm OK with gameplay.

2. Countdown timers that are clear to see on all warzones for warzone start would be nice. Some of the warzones have them right now - but some don't.

3. When starting out - I had no idea what the green/red boosters were - and I've seen some noob players pass these right by on low health without knowing they could be helped. A tooltip explanation here would be good.

4. I really am enjoying the goal oriented aspects of the PvP. More goals - in stages - and an even longer PvP warzone set - with additional goals would be my vote for a new Warzone. For example, Hoth Raid warzone. Goal 1: defend/attack Imp landings Goal 2: Defend/Attack with Walkers Goal 3 Defend/attack Base shields Goal 4 Defend/Attack base central core . This Warzone would be twice as long as other Warzones. Players should have an opportunity to opt out before it starts.

5. A player should be given some kind of medal/award for playing a Zone where he's put in half-way thru the battle. i.e. give someone credit for helping out when someone else left - and not getting the pleasure of starting from the beginning in zone. On the flipside - if a player quits halfway thru a warzone battle - should have a slight penalty for leaving.

DECREASE healing. Try fighting a BH who just heals himself over and over and over and over... Eventually you either give up, or he receives help. They almost become unkillable at certain points. With only one interrupt and a terrible resolve bar, self-healing is OP.

my spotted bugs:

on Voidstar sometimes the attackers team can leave spawn area, while defenders "staticfield is not opening" at same time. So attackers can plant the bombs, and only after they got detonated the defenders can get out of their spawn area. Thats give a 99% advantage to attackers.

And same problem with republic ship in cut scene ALWAYS already on place and its clone fly into it.

---

my wishes:

PLEASE increase the objectives award. So many times on warzones i`ve got a second or third place only because i wasn`t grinding damage for statistic, but was ONLY one who doing the objectives stuff.

Second is to force voting after warzone. Just do that until you vote you cant press exit button.

Third is that would be fair if on Voidstar when you pull somebody off the bridge (bet ween 2nd and 3rd doors) - that would be your frags. Or just doesn`t make any sense to give that opportunity.

And last and most important - please let us CHOOSE THE WARZONE by ourself.