PvP Top Issues & Wishes \\ Thread Directory

Siddalee

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned, it wasn't in the OP, but...

We need 8 man queuing for warzones. Trying to jump into a pvp match with 4 coordinated team members running pre-made strats and communicating on TS / Vent, etc... and then having to deal with some noob on your team grabbing the ball when you weren't looking and running the wrong way with it is *painful*

I agree

Class balance is total CRAP, like most MMOs. You have WAY to many stuns and WAY to many ways to break stuns, BUT the real problem is your lack of deminishing returns.

With that many stuns, its easy to be held out of the game until you die and never even move an inch. Sith and jedi being able to Leap to someone in huttball and skip through the map is rediculous and shouldnt be allowed if your carrying the ball.

Thats just like 2 things that wasnt thought through and is stupid. Alot of people myself included think the Sith lightning needs a NERF badly. Its way to strong and cooloff is way to friggin short.

I mean holy crap, you have people that are 40 in a Battleground fighting against lvl 10 people.

Who the hell CARES if you scale the lower people with health and a bit of power for what skills they have.?

You still have to deal with a player that has a BUTTLOAD of skills that just mow down players simply because its a HIGH LVL SKILL with outragous dmg.

Also would it really really be that hard to take the vendors with gear and actually make it so you can look at the armor or items by lvl? I mean COME ON, its already bad enough you cant put lvl gear on the same vendor. You had to mix it up with a whole bunch of other crap and you cant sort it properly.

I know one things for certain. Every person you see playing the OVER POWERED CLASSES, and you know who im talking about, is already reaching MAX lvl from just playing Battlegrounds, and will be fully geared to the teeth and impossible to deal with on opening day in battlegrounds OR out in world PVP.

This same kinda crap happened in ALOT of MMO's and im here to tell you, it did nothing but RUIN the game and LOSE subscribers, all because the company FAILED to address the issues and straighten it out befor final release.

Watch and see. Fix the Overpowered classes NOW, or your games going to suffer hard core, just like the others did.

You know which ones are the OP class. Its not that hard to find out, if you actually watch a battleground or pvp, and crunch the numbers.

Hell you dont have to nerf the OP classes. Just fix the ones that ARENT OP.

My 2 cents on which class i personally play and wanna see fixed is the commando. Its the one i like the idea of in a game and sadly i think it has issues that need fixed.

Great DPS as far as that goes, but to me it feels like shooting a BB gun.

1000 BB's fast with crap damage is still crap damage. making us stand still like a statue and get beat to death trying to live long enough to pull off a channeled ability that should OBVIOUSLY BE INSTANT CAST is stupid. They arent mobile and dont have enough staying power to live and get the job done.

Over half of there channeled stuff cant even be used in battlegrounds and plinking with standard shots is a waste of time. It simply doesnt do enough damage.

The only way you can channel anything is if they dont even hit you at all. The pushback for the abilities just sucks and the points to help the pushback in the talent trees is so pathetically a waste of points, its not even funny.

The percentage on things like plasma cell to ignite the target and then the dmg it does for a LONG duration befor it reachs the terrible total its supposed to do , is dumb and you wont live to see the thing tick enough dmg to even dent most players.

The assault tree just plain SUCKS. Even building it to help plasma cell it STILL SUCKS.

This write up started because of how messed up you have pvp right now and ends with my personal thoughts on my character class, the commando.

Its my opinion and anyone that doesnt like it, well tough crapola.

Bottom line is FIX the pvp and the classes NOW befor opening game day, or youll just find the same problem as every other company that was to stupid to do it befor it was to late.

Your BAD at video games.

Am I the only one that thinks CC is way to overpowerd as it is now. Resolve bar (CC Immunity) takes way to long to fill when constant CC'd, and 90% of the time in a 1v2 fight your bar will not fill before you die, when constatn CC's by 2 people.

Maybe cut the cot by 1/2 to fill the bar before the immunity kicks in and make its so it actualy brakes CC when full, and not finish the one running.

I'm not seeing armour value at play in this game. I understand that you put everyone on the same level but cloth wears should still take more damage than a plate wearer. Also trooper cast times are insane, most of the time I cant be anywhere near the battle if I want to get off good attacks. Also I think ccs are way to long for force users, I get stopped completely and then when I get uncced I am slowed by every lighting strike

Without a System of PVP deminishing Returns PVP will be a joke, its that simple. If Deminishing returns is added, it eliminates a huge issue of stuns, which from what i have seen in the past ruins PVP in games. Thats really the primary Issue of Class Balancing for pvp right now in my opinion.

Taugrim has good guides on youtube which give well explained and detailed tips and tactics on the republic classes. Here's a link to his page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/taugrimtaugrim

The classes he goes over are:

Jedi Shadow - Infiltration Spec

Smuggler Gunslinger - Sharpshooter spec

Jedi Knight Sentinel - Focus spec

Trooper Commando - Combat Medic spec

Trooper Vanguard - Tactics spec

Bounty Hunter Powertech - Advaned Prototype spec

PvP right now has some problems which for me takes the enjoyment out of it. Some have already been mentioned in the first post, but I think it missed one of the most important ones, that it is nearly impossible to target the correct character, and once targeted I cannot see who I selected.

Easy solution, IMO, would be to make targets selectable by clicking a nameplate and once selected displaying a border around this nameplate. I was kind of surprised that this didn't work. Especially for healing, for me this is a must.

Not being able to select your warzone is also a very big problem for me, right now I could live with a temporary solution, like showing which warzone you can enter, before accepting.

Responsiveness is for me also very bad, all warzones feel very sluggish compared to PvE.

Right now I quit playing PvP all together and eagerly await an update on the situation. Reading through this forum it seems that alot of people have problems with PvP and not all are just personal preference, it seems that PvP has not gotten the attention I think it deserves before launch.

PS: Please let us disable to commentary voice in Huttball!!!

Put proper teams together. I've been on losing team every single time today I can't even finish my PvP daily wich i accepted 12 hours ago still working on completing it but everytime I end up in an team thats just standing there n the middle of the map trying to kill people.

Hey guys, I have updated OP to include more discussion threads/issues/wishes. I've also included more server threads as well as offsite forums. I've added more streams, but haven't had much luck finding guides - so if you see any, let me know. :)

A couple things...

1.Need to be able to stay grouped with the people you queued with after you exit the Warzone.

2. There needs to be a way to permanently turn off the re-queue for Warzone. I know you can uncheck it before you leave, but this causes problems when your in a group and you can't queue with your friends until someone drops theirs.

3. Diminishing returns need to accumulate at about 3x the speed they currently do on the bar. Yes, you have a 2 minute PvP trinket, but when it is down, being cc'd for 10+ seconds straight is kind of silly.

4. Healing Commendations- I have a friend that is seriously considering not healing period when it comes to the Warzones. I've seen him top 400k healing and only get half the Commendations of people that do 200k damage/half the medals. There needs to be equal benefit to the people that keep people alive in the WZ. He will literally get half the commendations that I get as a marauder even though his utility and helpfulness are why we win the game.

5. The shear amount of CC is a little insane and brings me back to early WARhammer days when people could just be cc'd forever. People do not like losing control of their characters and this is the most infuriating thing to a player.

6. I enjoy this game and I like it alot. I want it to succeed hence why I am giving input. There are some classes that are ahead of others and things need to be balanced somewhat better than they are.

Edited by Kelindris

Things id like to see:

Maybe make PvP more fair by reducing some stuns because I think getting locked in stuns is the worst thing ever while you watch yourself get destroyed.

Make brackets or a system so you get in to PvP with people around your level and not level 50's that dominate everyone.

Maybe make an friend raid PvP so guilds can face other guilds in rounds and gain a rank.

Make it so you can queue up for individual PvP maps, that way we can pick what we want to play on.

Reduce spawn time by a little bit.

Add more medals (healers mostly)

Make it so you stay in your group while you join a PvP group.

Nerf Sith Inquisters because they seem to be the most over played over powered class in the game.

Thank you, Fail Proof Signing Out :cool:

Nice Post!

Time to beat the dead horse...

- BRACKETS!!!!! even if its 10-39 , 40-50

- Lag in Warzones

- Healing deduction that comes from pvp combat

- No DR on Stuns

- MVP 80% of the time goes to the person who does most dmg (explain to ppl what mvp is on a mini screen after the game is over)

I actually really like the bracket-less system right now. If you're getting housed by higher level toons, it discourages you from going out like an idiot and trying to take people on one on one, which is never a good idea anyway and breeds losses. Warzones are team games, you're supposed to work together. Yes, it's frustrating when you get the crap stunned out of you, but I'm not seeing this happen unless I'm getting hit by 3-4 people at once. And if that is the case, then of course I'm going to die. 1 vs 3 is supposed to kill me. That's why you need team organization and coordination. I've been in matches with some truly awful people, running the ball the wrong way in huttball, fighting in the field in Alderaan, etc. But what I have not had an issue with is when the 50 comes in alone cos he thinks op to take on the two 20s. The 20s are perfectly capable of tearing him apart. As long as you learn to use your abilities and the map/obstacles around you, remember you have that stun breaker, it's perfectly possible for a simply average player like myself at 20 to go up against a 30 and win, just as at 28 i can be taken out by the 18 who out-plays me.

Eventually, I'm sure I'd like to see a 10-49 and 50 only system, because once more people reach level cap and have the time to pimp themselves out in the top pvp gear, it will probably get a little ridiculous for the below 20 set when expertise comes into play more frequently.

The last things I ever want to see in this game's pvp system is an honor grind like WoW has, which encourages randomly running around into the enemy's arms to kill and be killed til the timer runs out, or a very narrow bracketing system where unless you twink every 10 levels you don't stand a chance vs anyone more than 4 levels above you. Too gear-grindy is really bad. And lastly, any class getting a crazy huge damage ability where they practically one shot people is always a terrible idea.

I would, however, like to be able to queue for specific warzones, and not have to reform my pre-made group after each battle. Reverse the re-queue option so I have to toggle it on from the stats screen after to queue up again because that also screws with the grouping dynamic when people have to be constantly reminded to take themselves out of queue, re-group, then re-queue. The commendation cap increase would be nice. Sure, we can buy higher level gear before we can actually use it, but I'm going to end up out-pvping my bank space the way it is now. You get 1k in no time.

- MVP 80% of the time goes to the person who does most dmg (explain to ppl what mvp is on a mini screen after the game is over)

That isn't even something BW can fix. That's just people coming from other games where they've been erroneously taught to believe that more damage=better player, and encourages people to play stupid just to pad their stats rather than to try to accomplish the objective. Until players get a bit smarter about voting for MVPs, that won't get fixed.

Good post, but really the only thing that is worth mentioning right now is the PvP-lag since it makes the game unplayable in PvP.

If it takes ~2 seconds to roll into cover/fire off an insta-attack, then everything else is irrelevant. It is not client-based (BW knows this btw, they are "working on it") so I really hope a fix comes fast.

Oh wait, getting logged out when accepting a PvP-match is kinda annoying.