PvP Top Issues & Wishes \\ Thread Directory

Siddalee

I'm going to be cocky because I know I'm better then most and I am going to make blatant statements with little/no explenation due to the fact I know people won't care/read properly anyway so many will assume I am trolling which is honestly...their problem.

#1 - Level difference matters true, yet I've still been doing better on a level 11 then most 50s (DPS & Objective...not heals). Truth is the playerbase is bad, no need to add filters to slow down warzone frequency.

#2 - Voidstar is the best warzone then huttball and then Ald...why? In Ald you get a bunch of afkers ("defenders") who rack up 13-16k objective points because they stand around doing nothing defending an objective the other team doesn't need since they have the other two.

In otherwords, defo need filter and more scenarios that DO NOT reward objective hugging/avoiding actual player vs. player. We have that already...it's called PvE. (Btw, you shouldn't get objective points if there aren't enemies near it in Ald)

#3 - Classes aren't mirrored but it's done good. Trooper vs. BH argument is pretty much moot. (DFA...if you have a hard time targetting somebody who floats above the crowd you may want to use those things called "eyes" a little more often.) I have played both sides and CC is the only thing that matters in the end...both sides have too much/and or immunity is not triggering enough.

#4 - Lag/Rates is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in this game and it's already too late the Hardcore PvP crowd will bail on this game (btw Hardcore PvPers = the best marketing if game is good), the casual PvP crowd will bail once a new game comes along and I have it on good authority (according to my current alpha) GW2 won't come out until 2014 so bioware has some time. God speed.

#5 - Premade queues need to be full premade queues, yes PuGs suck that's life if they argue watch me squash them with a team...also that whole group disbanding post-warzone is a whole intentional sneaky encouraging PuG-Play FYI, they already know how to fix it but choose not to. (Sorry prgramming isn't hard...learn to work chiefs)

#6 - Server population can't sustain PvP currently, sorry to break it to you Bioware but you need more players. Queue time still suck (even when servers say "full with 20 min queue) and if it ain't fast when the game is at it's most populated (right now) then it's screwed. Cross server scenarios better be on the agenda because there ain't enough people...which is kind of sad considering you can make instances of all these planets.

I have spoken

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this issue has been raised, but in at least 2 Void Star WZs so far, the first defending team has been stuck behind the screen for the start of the game long enough for the attackers to plant and detonate the first bomb.

Also, there should be a deserter debuff for leaving/AFKing out of a WZ early. It is too easy to get into a WZ you don't like (Huttball usually), leave, and get right back into queue for Ald or VS. You should have to sit out of the queue for 15 minutes before trying again.

Also, there should be a deserter debuff for leaving/AFKing out of a WZ early. It is too easy to get into a WZ you don't like (Huttball usually), leave, and get right back into queue for Ald or VS. You should have to sit out of the queue for 15 minutes before trying again.

Why in the world would you want that? If i dont want to play hutt ball i shouldnt have to and i shouldnt be punished, thats ridiculous

1: lag in warzone ? no way! i have 70ms, 40+ fps in any situation on home pc. At work pc i have 15-20 fps in warzone and 80-90ms. So, i think fixing your pc will fix the lag. Oh yes, and i know what lag is but i dont have any problems at all home but i do have some at work. :o

2: PvP is great as long as you focus on "Things that you really have to do in warzone" then focusing on "Things you want to do".:cool:

Edited by YamamotoRo

Please remove the fire and acid from Huttball. I see no reason for them to exist. Also i must say you've made a terrible job designing Huttball. What is the reason for one hunded bridges to exist? It takes a minute to get to the top if u get pushed down.

Please increase healing.

Please reduce amount of stuns.

Please make us able to choose WZ we queue for.

Please make us able to duel the opposite faction.

Please make brackets.

I really hope you have a full team working on improving PvP in SW ToR.

Im not playing PvP at all cus its simply not fun.

Thank u for an awsome game! Imperial Agents story really rocks! :)

The two biggest issues for me:

There should be a 3-5 second CC-immunity period after using your respective CC/break free ability. When you use a breakout ability with a 2 minute cooldown, it should be effective and reliable. This change would punish players for spamming CC on a recently broken-out target and encourage more strategic use of CC break abilities.

When using ranged abilities with travel times, if the target moves 5+ meters out of range while the projectile is still midair, the ability will often deal 0 damage. This is a very frustrating penalty to the ranged DPS classes that have cast times.

Please remove the fire and acid from Huttball. I see no reason for them to exist. Also i must say you've made a terrible job designing Huttball. What is the reason for one hunded bridges to exist? It takes a minute to get to the top if u get pushed down.

Please increase healing.

Please reduce amount of stuns.

Please make us able to choose WZ we queue for.

Please make us able to duel the opposite faction.

Please make brackets.

I really hope you have a full team working on improving PvP in SW ToR.

Im not playing PvP at all cus its simply not fun.

Thank u for an awsome game! Imperial Agents story really rocks! :)

The cat walks, acid and fire are all there to encourage team play. If you get rid of those then you might as well get rid of huttball all together. The overall design of huttball is extremely well thought out imo.

The design is there to make it tough to get a goal. Knockbacks become useful so you can push a ball carrier into the pit and force then to either throw, or die (giving your team the ball.) The fire pits are there to slow down their progression. Allowing you to kill them if they don't throw or, stunning them on the pit so that they die when it fires up. The acid causes choke points for both teams and allows you to push others into the acid pits, killing them. The multiple levels give you options of carrying the ball or, allows you to have open team mates on other levels to pass on the ball and score. This is especially useful if one of your team members can sneak past a fire pit with the enemy behind you. When it turns on, they're trapped and your team mate can recieve the ball and get a large head start or score completely if the other team isn't set up to defend.

Just want to add that i think its good to see so many folks giving decent arguments.

I also must say that we shoudnt forget that this game is officialy out for nearly a week.

I aint sure what the feedback on pvp was during the beta but i am sure that bioware will work on it. During beta i definitly noticed that serveral issues with the game where handled with care and with speed. Looking at the last weeks before release there where definitly some fixes. So lets give them as much arguments to think over as we can.

This above was a counter-strike towards people who already say they "leave" the game or that it will effect a certain "group of people" and they stay away blablabla. A bit to much drama going into those posts. Does remind me a bit of wow though....

If bioware hasnt fixed it in a month or 2/3 tops , then i would start to worry also, but not in a week.

Noticed a good argument also of the void start. Indeed, the stuck behind shield while other team can place the bombs at the start is rather annoying. As well as not giving special points/medals for scoring in huttball. Didnt even noticed that till i had a good hatrick today ;).

Also a bit better healing would be nice. Atleast to keep me alive 1vs1 which is hardly ever the case with all the stuns going on. Even against low levels.

Que's, no problems there on our server. Longest que i had was nearly 5 min.

Gogo bioware... stuff to do for you guys!!

The acid and the bridges server to create choke points, delays. It is purposefully introduced in order to slow down a straight zerg to the goal line. Having tiers also increase the need to pass the ball. Hence, team work. You can toss the ball all the way to tier 3, from the ball's initial pick up point, and have an almost straight shot to the goal line. Also having different tiers means you can pass the ball and the defenders chasing you will be out of luck.

Huttball really is brilliantly designed. It is designed for coordination and team work. However, the average PUG does not have these. That is where the problem really is. It is not a simple one sentence strategy like voidstar or alderran.

Now I do think, a premade that queus for HuttBall should be forced to wait for another premade to play against.

I love the pvp.

I hate the open level pvp.

5 low levels trying to pound down 1 50 is hard, now a team of 50's who queue together, impossible.

Sure you can bolster stats, but that doesn't unlock 50 levels of skill progression.

I pvp a lot and have a great time when it's close to equal level distribution. When there are more than 3 50's vs a team of mostly 35 or less (teens most common). It's just frustrating.

Brackets should be first on the list of fixes.

only thing I have to complain about is the skill that throws like 3 or 4 bombs ( i don't know which class)

but they hit for lik 1.5k and more when they crit, pretty much kills you.

That skill needs a nerf a round the table. Other than that i don't have much complaints

There are various things that need to be addressed ... the biggest one being the ability activation lag in pvp ...more sharp pvp action please ( the pvp actions is feels very clunky even with perfect gaming conditions 50ms and 100fps)

Also for those who/or hate Huttball / have to wait in queue i got a good solution:

ROLL REPUBLIC

We got instant queue in warzones ... and we get 1/10 Huttball !!!

Or ... QQ more ... im thirsty!

Personally I think the the classes need to be balanced more. Sith Inquisitors/Republic sages are insane in PVP. Top damage with insane CC and short cooldowns. Either other classes need to be buffed or this group needs to be re-evaluated. PVP is not fun when you run across 6 inquisitors that can just cc and put out insane damage.

for some reason everytime I take a Warzone my quest tracker is open. Can we please get a fix for that? NO reason for that to be open in a Warzone.

and also, auto-close of warzone menu after queuing.

thanks!

Edited by WLpride

dont know how it is atm not in zone where i can meet enemies yet but imo world pvp is much more fun

warzone should be on 2nd place when it comes to pvp

will be sad if ppl are able to get all they need doing only boring warzones hour after hour