Will you pay for a server transfer?

Skyzen

It depends how much money it is... 1-5$, fine I'll pay as long as I get to choose where my toons are going. Anything more than that I'm just going to quit the game, my server is dead dead dead, I have 3 lvl 50's and 10 million credits, I'm not starting over after playing on this server from day one, nope, not gonna do it. They broke the population by opening too many servers, they broke the balance between the factions, they can fix it, or they can f'off and die.

My server had twelve, 12, mutherf'n TWELVE people on it when I logged on this morning, that's not just fleet, that's the entire freakin server. I switched over to my alt on Fatman, there were over 600 people online. Every sever should be like that, EVERY SERVER.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to feel negative about this, but I think the transfers will be a mess. Many are going to want to transfer, but it will be another server gamble. People will not be happy with their transfer choice after a couple of weeks. They are going to want to transfer again and now it will cost them money.

I don't think many people will want to pay and the player exodus will reoccur.

All these people who say this is bioware's fault for opening to many servers, you guys obviously were not playing the first week. The reason why there are so many servers is because bioware gave into the pressure of the player base because of complaints about server Qs. At the time, people said this was a bad idea (ever bioware was reluctant to open more server) and the Q's would settle down in a couple of weeks. But did people listen back then. No. They kept complaining and stamping their feet like spoilt brats, and bioware gave in.

It seems now history is repeating itself, but in reverse.

As for paying for transfers, if you are on a low pop server, you shouldn't have to pay to get transfers to a better server. Bioware have already stated this will be free.

If you want to transfer to an already highly populated server, you should have to pay. Or if you are on a server with an already good population, you should also have to pay. The payment will make you think twice about doing something that you don't really need to do.

The owe us free transfers for releasing this game halfassed. I mean when you get a bad room in a hotel or a bad meal at a restaurant they comp your stay or your meal. They gave us bad servers in this game so they should comp our transfers.

Also how will they define "High population" This is obviously an exaggerated example but if a server has 500,000 Imps and 500 Pubs is it a High server and Pubs wouldnt be allowed to transfer to it for free?

Edited by Dabrixmgp

I may or may not exercise the free transfer depending on a few factors:

1. what makes the list of eligible servers

2. what my guild decides to do.

3. how transfers affect legacy

My main toon is far enough along that I need to be in a good raiding guild to have fun with him (which I currently am). Leveling and gearing my non-50 alts would require a better server than I'm on now.

I'm never going to pay for the privilege of being on Fatman or Harbinger or Pleasure Barge because I can always get some enjoyment out of my more advanced characters by being in an active guild.

The owe us free transfers for releasing this game halfassed. I mean when you get a bad room in a hotel or a bad meal at a restaurant they comp your stay or your meal. They gave us bad servers in this game so they should comp our transfers.

Also how will they define "High population" This is obviously an exaggerated example but if a server has 500,000 Imps and 500 Pubs is it a High server and Pubs wouldnt be allowed to transfer to it for free?

I agree about the comp thing and oh god, what they consider "High Population" is going to be scary because they are already f****** up royal. D=

I will not pay for a transfer... I was put on a server by there pre-release guild assignments. If free transfers aren't available for me and built right for legacy / server selections I will just stay unsubbed.

It depends ... I started over on a well-populated server (Legions of Lettow) but have two chars on another low-populated server. If I'm bored with my char at LoL when the transfers start I would pay to bring the other two to the server, but if I'm still having a lot of fun I'd probably wait to see free transfer options. Ultimately, if there is no other way for a transfer I wouldn't mind paying.

The server I am on seems to be low population although the splash screen says standard. I can never find anyone to group with for flashpoints. I've only been playing the game a couple of months so I don't have level 50 characters yet. I am not part of a larger size guild that is forming ops all the time. I didn't know which server to choose when I started the game so now I feel a little screwed to be where I am. I would like to have my characters on a realm with more people so that forming flashpoint teams might be easier. I would pay $5 each to move my characters. I would not pay $15 each and if the server situation remains as it is now, I'd probably stop playing and go back to World of Warcraft.

Let me state though that I'd rather play this game.

No way.

Is it a my mistake that they built too many servers?

If they would want me to pay for transfer from my dead server, then i'd have called it blackmailing and as such, no money from me - ever and i cancel sub and never come back.

And anyway, they should merge servers, why should i ever be bothered by any transfer?? It should be done automatically by BW.

I already paid enough!

I'm in one o the most populated PvP servers in Europe. Still, if anyone's to blame because of the low populated servers is BW since they shouldn't have created such a huge number of servers in first place. Now charging for transfers is just saying, sorry, we made several mistakes but we're trying to get some money back for the subs we're loosing for our mistakes. I seriously hope they give everyone one free transfer and redirect people to balance server population.