Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Is the HK-51 companion coming in Patch 1.3 as rumored? What'll be his role? Ranged dps? Healer, please? And will he replace one of the existing companions, preferably the annoying ship's droid or the companion that we should've had the option of killing? And if not, really? 7 companions? Is the companion roster supposed to be a (small) crew, or are we going to end up with an army eventually? Edited by Sireene
quote of another - PM'd

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning on making any changes to Deception Tree of Assassins in the 1.3 update? Currently most assassins I know play Darkness in PVP due to the tree being so much better. I preffer deception and still play it however I do feel like it could use a buff. It went untouched for the past few updates...

will we be able to give our companions the ability to "Unify Colors" or "Hide Helm". I think these do wonders for game play with my char but I think the community would like to see it extended to our companions.

Many of the current TOR subscriptions are pending on if 1.3 will at least see implemented two things:

1. Will 1.3 bring RWZs or at the very least 8 man queues?

2. Server merges are essential for the game to remain interesting and to ensure its long term survival (along with PvP changes). Will server merges be brought with 1.3 or is it going to be prior/after the patch?

Also:

Is there any chance that, upon queueing with a pre-made group, one can be returned to the same group and also implement an "auto-unqueue" feature when "Group queue" is selected? Because its boring to keep inviting the same people to a group everytime a WZ ends and keep saying "all leave queue".

Thank you.

Good afternoon ,I got like 1 main questions. I have a like big concern like probly other players on SWTOR.. Will you merge or reduce the amount of servers that you guys have on AMERICA there is 1 heavy (Fatman) and 2-3 medium and all the rest is a light server , I am myself on Veela and im starting to getting pissed because there is less and less players everyday on our server because they re-make character on fatman and other more populated server , on Veela PVP takes hours to pop-up and find a group for Hard modes is kinda impossible.... Will you like Blizzard did provide some server and make them Free Character transfer aviability to make light server and heavy servers move to the free character transfer servers, also.. me i don't mind to pay for transfer all my character i do like SWTOR and still want to play and have fun but don't want to start over again...

Will the Legacy be transfereable to an another server (If a legacy already exist it could give you the chance to change the name...) ? Also How much will it cost for transfer character to server non free (if their will be)

thanks.

1.3 is focusing on Features. Is there any thing in the works to make my charaters feel more like my own? All warrior no matter stance look the same. Different stance could hold the sabers different. The sabers themselves could provide options. Ex. Lightsaber A warrior stands and runs in high guard. Lightsaber B warrior stands and runs in low guard.

Are you guys ever gonna take more advantage of space battles say more along the lines of PVP in space via the multiplayer portion of Starfox for N64? or say a first person shooter raid where you shoot ships etc from your raids starship so i can yell out "great shot kid now dont get cocky"?

Listening to the podcast I hear that in 1.3 we will be able to add an augment slot to any wearable piece of armor. Currently crit crafted orange gear go for as much as 500k on the GNT. Will there be some sort of compensation to armor crafters? Will, for example, the augment slots require an item crafted by synthweavers and armormechs? Compare to the other game where an extra gemslot can be added to belts but only by using a crafted item.

Hi,

Currently i am playing a marauder, i have come to see alot of complaints about the class and my self see some problems so perhaps this is more feedback than a question but.

Currently annihilation marauders are dominent in pvp and pve ( ie top dps ), but i feel the reasons behind the marauder being so powerful in annihilation is not because of there damage.

The class its self is meant to be a powerful damage dealer, but the survivability is what needs to be called into question with the specs of the class for example.

I have played both annihilation and carnage both do equaly good damage how ever in carnage spec i can be killed within 20 seconds if focused in pvp, as annihiliation i get the same situation but i can then pop undying rage, berserk and warzone medpac giving me a total of 8600 out of 17000 back this causes me to become rather hard to kill with such high damage this makes me the ultimate class in pvp.

I feel this is a rather bad design and the class not only becomes more poweful than other class but makes marauder choose 1 spec only if they want to play , personaly i find carnage/rage to be more intresting and fun but if i want to be able to live through anything i must be annihilation .

what my question here is realy do you plan to reduce annihilation survivability and do you plan to give the other 2 specs some more survivability to make all 3 specs viable?

may i add that our damage is not "OP" the class is based around doing damage, annihilation survivability is how ever "OP"

On the podcast it was said that augment tables would allow to add an augment slot to any wearable piece of armor. Could you please clarify what this mean? specifically, if you are going to be able to add augment to orange armor that dropped (not crafted) or is it going to be like the armoring and ability to RE empty armor and be restricted to only certain armors.

Many Sorcerers left the game due to significant nerf both in healing and DPS in 1.2. Some classes disappeared altogether from Warzones, now I see only Assassins, Marauders and seldom some healers(not Sorcerer ones). Do you intend to buff Sorcerers and other classes in order to restore the balance or there are no such plans?

Thank you.

Edited by GrimmjowJa

I have seen several previous responses regarding a limit of crafting recipes able to be learned by one character, as a possible solution to this I would suggest the ability to "unlearn" a recipe similar to the ability to unlearn the entire crew skill.

I suspect that most people would choose to unlearn all green and blue recipes upon learning the epic and/or custom versions. This should free up plenty of available room in their recipe list for future crafting needs for quite some time.

Edited by Grimmig

Are there any plans to make certain crafted Rakata items Bound to Legacy instead of Bind on Pickup? My first character is an Artifice, and has the augmented Rakata relics, yet none of my other characters can benefit from the time and money invested into that without having to re-invest the same amount on another character. If there are plans for this, when can we expect to see it?

Thanks!

AS you stated in earlier posts, crafters will make augement kits, mats for them will be crafted items thats been RE'd, needing 10x RE'd for the mats to make 1 augement kit. my question is:

firstly, does the RE have to be of the same item, or can it be any varition of that level gear (eg, RE lvl 50 helm and boots to get mats for a lvl 50 augment.

secondly, will the mats from drop any crafted gear including battlemaster/warhero oranges or will it only be purples/blue/green

Currently, the legacy GTN unlock for 5 million credits is only linked to the Nar Shaddaa GTN's and has very little to offer in terms of buying and selling. Will the ship GTN's be merged with the fleet GTN's or could the possibility of a cross server ship GTN's be made possible?