Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

you know i love this game its everything i guess starwars fans needed but one thing i have noticed is there is no voice chat. in the middle of combat it sux to stop fighting just to type what ever you got to say and needless to say it tears groups apart then in the middle of like a flashpoint or PVP you have to stop to type so is there some kinda plan to add a voice chat to the game? i have a turtle beach that collects dust because there is no voice chat. so hopefully im not the only one to ask that but im sure others are thinking it. thanks all

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will chat bubbles be in Patch 1.3?

In Februrary, we were promised by Mr. Schubert that we'd be getting a ETA for chat bubbles after the customizable Interface Editor has been released. The Editor has been out since Patch 1.2. What's the ETA?

Question For The Developers Regarding Combat Logs:

not sure is this is the right place for this (apologies if not)

As posted in another thread I've been creating a system to parse, analyse and display the combat log data from the combat logs introduced in patch 1.2.

I'm trying to provide all sorts of different ways of looking at the data, from detailed combat log data to high score tables to complete Operation Group performance for an entire operations run. Some of the data in action can be seen on my web site if you want to check it out

What is already provided in the combat log files is great information, but to enable more ways to view, display and group the data it would be great if some more basic information could be written to the combat log files by the game at strategic points.

I'd love to see the following data added to the combat log files :

1. Entries at login giving character information - i.e. class, advanced class, faction, race, sex
  2. Zone entering/leaving information - i.e. an entry when a player zones into or out of an area naming the area
  3. An entry at login and when the player changes their talents, with the encoded talent tree would be good (not sure how I'd use that yet)

Thanks for the great work so far on the game and on the combat logs and keep up the good work

Would a Legacy fund be possible in the Legacy system in the near furure. I am leveling two other characters, and one is a Smuggler Scoundrel currently at level 26. My main is a Jedi Sage.

While I am doing the main story line of the Smuggler, i am doing side quests, Heroics, Areas etc as I go or feel like basis, and this sometimes leaves you short of cash. For example at 25 I bought the speeder, plus license and this made my Scoundrel go to just 5k from over 50,000+ credits. Would be nice to have such a feature where I can put for example 100k from my main Alt in the Legacy fund or bank, without staying going back and forth with mail.

when 1.3 comes out will the be a separation for lockouts in the ops for 8 and 16 man ? because as it seems kinda of pointless to struggle through a 16man when you could have 2 groups for 8 man ops and get the same loot

I am curious about the cost of repairing gear, particularly in the end-game. When I die, I find that the cost to repair my BH's gear is just under half what if costs my Jedi Consular (and they are similarly geared in tems of level of gear). Likewsie, my Smuggler falls somewhere in between the two. Again, not a scientific sampling, but it seems like Heavy armor sets are cheaper to repair than Medium armor sets which in turn are cheaper than Light Armor sets. Why wouldn't repair costs be the same across the board for similar level gear? It seems to favor certain classes ecomomically over others. And if this is truly the case and not some weird aspect of my particular gearing, are there plans to address this issue?

Why are companions so stupid as to stand in the fire? Any chance of fixing their AI to move out of PBAoE/GTAoE?

Practically every mob in the game has a plasma probe type thing in their pocket that they love to throw out (Ball that pulses fire damage PBAoE). Orbital Strike type animations, no problem they'll stand in that too.

HI,

1. can we expect too see some sort of way to make a current piece of gear into a Orange piece of gear just like the augment table for example there are certain craftable sets in synthweaving 400(the dark synth set) who can not be viable in end game because they can not be made modifiable. a solution would be making a option to turn existing gear into orange gear for a price so people can chase their favorite looks.

2. will there be a fix too certian armor sets who are bugged color wise as in a piece of gear that looks like it is red in cutcenes but when you wear it is black. while you use match too chest the rest of the gear does become red.

Concerning the new ability to make the social gear compatible to any class. A while back on a Nightmare Mode Karagga's Palace run, before it was able to be on the roll, I was given the super ultra rare Karagga's Hat. My main character is a Jedi Guardian. The hat is awesome don't get me wrong :D! But I can't really use it to my fullest potential since it is designated as light armor and I use heavy armor. So, my question is, will we be able to make any piece of gear useable to the class, or, is it strictly just the social gear? Thanks!

Probably come up many times before but just levelled to this point, really annoyed that crafting Rakata relics produces BoA items. Not really in the spirit of crafting. At the least you could make this stuff bind to legacy - I realise that the Hard mode and Ops diehards will whine like hell if you made rakata stuff tradable but I don't feel it is really crafting if you cant make goods for your guildies is it?

Lost Perci (Bandages r us)

Will 1.3 or future update have daily quest completion timestamped when its completed? For example If I goto a HM FP and complete it and complete the daily at 3 am and I log and goto bed can I turn in the daily the next day and then pick up a new one right then because the one i turned in was completed the day before? Edited by ZORG
error

Will something like dual spec (field respec?) be coming with group finder to allow us to queue as 2 different roles?

Will Ranked Warzones or Nightmare Denova be coming in 1.3? According to Daniel Erickson: "New armor sets come with new sets of content difficulty. 1.3 will not introduce any new armor sets." ........the answer is no

Can you elaborate on any class balance changes that may be happening in 1.3?

Why did you pick server transfers instead of server merges?

Where do you expect us to get all the credits for Legacy unlocks? it takes like 2 weeks of doing all the dailies to afford some of the current unlocks... and with the upcoming costs of adding augments to our gear it seems like my credits will disappear faster than I can earn them

Is there a chance that cross server warzones (not rated ones) might be implemented in 1.3? I'm currently having a hard time finding warzones in the afternoons and late nights on my server, so cross server warzones would be fantastic.

I would like to know if a guild leader transfers, does the guild move with him? Meaning the guild bank. the guild name and such? This would be great if full guilds wanted to move... Just a thought/question... Also some way to notify other guildies of the transfer when they log in. :rak_03:

Will item modifications (armoring, mods, enhancements, augments, etc) ever stack? They seem to take up an excessive amount of space, and trying to put a good selection of item mods in guild banks is practically impossible right now.

[ Sorry if this question has been asked before. ]

I am extremely excited to see a Group Finder being added to SWTOR in 1.3. I would say of all the features I wish the game could have ASAP, that definitely tops my list. What else can you tell us about the specific implementation of this most welcome improvement? Will it combine players from different servers? Will it automatically teleport group members to the entrance when the group forms?

For 1.3, I have heard that some of the purchases for the legacy updates in this patch will be character-specific. Can you share some of the reasoning behind this, as I was under the impression that Legacy was meant to be account-wide rewards?

You've mentioned many times that this is a content light, feature heavy patch. But content light implies some content. Will there actually be any new content (quests areas or otherwise) or does "content light" actually just mean bug fixes?

As a reminder, PLEASE keep your questions related to Game Update 1.3. Thank you!

I would love to ask you something related to update 1.3 but I just have not seen the OFFICIAL patch notes and the PTS forum is sitll locked.

Oh yea - When will we see the 1.3 OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES?

Edited by Adderdin

The thing is no one cares about your 1.3 Update

When Will Ranked Warzones or Even the ability to 8 man queue be released ?

There will be no pvp teams left by the time you get this sorted !! seriously..

Edited by Siniaera