Zen Strike

Invoky

Supposedly this talent reset Master Strike CD and general 2 focus. Do you have to have Master Strike CD to be reset for this ability to generate 2 focus?

Someone told me that Master Strike is lower DPS compare to use OD/PB/BS, so I try to not use Master Strike. I'd like to know that if my Master Strike is usually up, will Zen Strike still proc while Master Strike have CD and give me 2 focus?

Yes it still procs even if master strike isnt on cd. But after 1.2 master strike does tons of damage so I try to use it whenever its off cd

I almost never use MS in PVE. Multiple people have claim that MS is lower DPS compare to OS/PB/crit BS. So unless all 3 of those hard hitting skills are in CD and I have full focus, I don't use MS.

That doesn't happen once in a blue moon.

I almost never use MS in PVE. Multiple people have claim that MS is lower DPS compare to OS/PB/crit BS. So unless all 3 of those hard hitting skills are in CD and I have full focus, I don't use MS.

That doesn't happen once in a blue moon.

That's just flat out wrong. Master Strike after 1.2 does more damage than that rotation easily, if you aren't using it everytime its up you're doing it wrong, ESPECIALLY in PvE.

That's just flat out wrong. Master Strike after 1.2 does more damage than that rotation easily, if you aren't using it everytime its up you're doing it wrong, ESPECIALLY in PvE.

That's what I used to believe until I read that post about how much dps each skill does on dummy. MS was the lowest dps compare to OS/PB/BS.

Well the post was from few weeks ago and its now bury, I couldn't find it anymore. You don't have to believe me that's fine.

That's what I used to believe until I read that post about how much dps each skill does on dummy. MS was the lowest dps compare to OS/PB/BS.

Well the post was from few weeks ago and its now bury, I couldn't find it anymore. You don't have to believe me that's fine.

I'm not worried about believing you, or what you read, I'm more concerned with what the actual numbers are, and since I have access to my own logs, I can tell you your information is wrong. Master Strike does almost equivalent damage to an OS/BS combo, and does it at a Focus cost of zero, which is why it needs to be included in your rotation as a priority attack. If you never use it, you're spending more focus, meaning less OS/BS's, meaning less DPS.

Master Strike probably does less damage than an Overhead Slash + Bladestorm combo with their dots, but there are some points worth noting:

1) Master Strike is free: if you use it, that means you wont need to use Strike as often, which seems like a dps increase to me.

2) Master Strike is 3 attacks, meaning there is a chance that at least 1 of the attacks will crit; with others, thats not the case, making Master Strike a bit more attractive to use in case reason 1) wasn't enough.

EDIT: My dps also seems to increase when I use Master Strike every cd but since 1.2 I've never used a rotation that didnt insert Master Strike in it. I'll try later to do a parse without using it, but when I use Master Strike at every cd it makes up for about 20% of my dps roughly, which is just slightly short of the damage my Plasma Brand does(including its dot) and a lot more than Bladestorm or Overhead Slash.

Edited by defendurname

I would suggest running your own test with the MOXparser on dummy's and during raids or pvp. Master Strike is an absolute beast of an attack now. The last tick of Master Strike I've seen crit for slightly over 4k which is also the highest I've seen my Overhead Slash crit.