Which romance is best written?

Halinmonk

Every time I pull a flirt I feel like an old creep hitting on a young girl who wants to be left alone.

First flirts with Torian also felt like I have to report my BH for a child abuse :) And he did not jump on fem BH either, though did not reject. Was like dating that soldier from Avatar movie.

Because for some reason even though Mako shows zero romantic interest in you and blows you off any time you act flirty with her, she still gets pissed if you flirt with other women.

All companions do that. If in general conversation when everyone is present you say something about one male companion "excellent work, as usual" - you get negative points with the rest. Hope it's a sign they were ment for romance options, not just generic response.

Edited by Mirandel

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn is utterly FASCINATING. I had already completed the romances with Corso and Torian by the time I started a SW playthrough, and Quinn just surprised the heck out of me. He was smart as heck, brilliant even. He was stunningly capable.

Quinn wasn't EASY to understand, to figure out, and that made the romance with him very, very appealing, to me. Whoever did his voice and actually drew his character only provided icing to the cake. There's a depth to the romance with him that many of the other romances lack, and it quickly becomes engaging.

Well said. Quinn's brain is mad sexy.

I turned down his proposal, but he sent me those three letters anyway (bug?) They were the sweetest things, and sadly the highlights of the romance. Now I feel bad.

Not a bug; "working as intended," believe it or not. You can say "no" post-kiss or thereabouts but the romance will never deactivate.

First flirts with Torian also felt like I have to report my BH for a child abuse :) And he did not jump on fem BH either, though did not reject. Was like dating that soldier from Avatar movie.

i got the sense torian was flirting just as much as you were. then again, he might have just put up a strong front as to not question his mojo. i don't mind feeling like a cougar with him >:3

i got the sense torian was flirting just as much as you were. then again, he might have just put up a strong front as to not question his mojo. i don't mind feeling like a cougar with him >:3

Guess I understand "flirting" a bit different then :) To me it look like aggressive hitting from BH and a bit shy much more moderated yet direct and sure(?) answer from Torian.

Despite that innocence feeling (or because of it) romance felt really good. One of the best for me (though I still think nothing beats letters from Andronikos). So sweet, honest and pure yet not overdone. Loved it.

(only one visual hiccup - the only tiny flaw I can see. Good job there, BW)

Edited by Mirandel

Guess I understand "flirting" a bit different then :) To me it look like aggressive hitting from BH and a bit shy much more moderated yet direct and sure(?) answer from Torian.

Despite that innocence feeling (or because of it) romance felt really good. One of the best for me (though I still think nothing beats letters from Andronikos). So sweet, honest and pure yet not overdone. Loved it.

what i don't get, is how natural it felt with him, vs what ive seen of akavi

what i don't get, is how natural it felt with him, vs what ive seen of akavi

Did not see that one yet (so many things to see, so little time). Torian got me from that response to Gault (I run Taris with him), showing such a wonderful sense of humor - it was irresistible. Still, first conversation was a bit push from BH side to me. But Torian corrected it later :)

Did not see that one yet (so many things to see, so little time). Torian got me from that response to Gault (I run Taris with him), showing such a wonderful sense of humor - it was irresistible. Still, first conversation was a bit push from BH side to me. But Torian corrected it later :)

what resonse? " you must really like him" ? XD

Well said. Quinn's brain is mad sexy..

Not just his brain but being mostly brilliant helps complete the whole package.

*sigh*

I'd like to point out that the only other romance that I had finished by the time I played through the SW was a JC with Iresso, it was a refreshing change. Still love my cat-boy though and the evil genius. Personal opinion though.

Edited by Kalterien
corrected typo

*sigh*

I'd like to point out that the only other romance that I had finished by the time I played through the SW was a JC with Iresso, it was a refreshing change. Still love my cat-boy though and the evil genius. Personal opinion thouhg.

i will say it is fun having a pey kitty comando following me around with a bazooka. also i gave him the ocelot look.

and yeah..his voice does make one purr :D

*sigh*

I'd like to point out that the only other romance that I had finished by the time I played through the SW was a JC with Iresso, it was a refreshing change. Still love my cat-boy though and the evil genius. Personal opinion thouhg.

Reeling from ill-advised relationship to ill-advised relationship has been one of the unexpected bonuses of this game. I felt smothered by a very invasive Corso, so I fled to the extremely slow "I will respect the hell out of your limits" Quinn line, moved on to Kaliyo when I needed something a little warmer - and she was laid-back and easy and fun! - and now I'm not sure of my next move. Elara Dorne would be a good human being, which is a change, but I'm not ready to make out with rules-quoting Imperial officers again just yet, so I may instead rebound into rules-flouting pirate territory.

Decisions, decisions...

what resonse? " you must really like him" ? XD

No, no, that one was from Gault and he is always funny.

The Torian's one was when you had to cover yourself in rackghouls guts. The whole scene was great but the part when Gault says "No way, this is my favorite shirt" and Torian answers "Was nice knowing you" - so serious you do not know if it's the highest degree of sarcasm or black humor... IRL I know the type and respectfully stay away from those people, but in game and not addressed to me it looked hilarious :)

Edited by Mirandel

No, no, that one was from Gault and he is always funny.

The Torian's one was when you had to cover yourself in rackghouls guts. The whole scene was great but the part when Gault says "No way, this is my favorite shirt" and Torian answers "Was nice knowing you" - so serious you do not know if it's the highest degree of sarcasm or black humor... IRL I know the type and respectfully stay away from those people, but in game and not addressed to me it looked hilarious :)

lol oh yeah... rolling around in 'ghoul guts and s***

" you're lucky your cute, or i'd shove these down your throat instead..."

lol oh yeah... rolling around in 'ghoul guts and s***

" you're lucky your cute, or i'd shove these down your throat instead..."

Exactly :) Somehow at that point I realized that cute boy is a man and I like him.

For me, the Sith Warrior romance story with Vette was excellently well written, especially if you did what I did, make a Dark Side Sith Warrior and romance Vette. It is a WHOLE different storyline, and much better in my opinion than romancing her as a Sith Warrior who leans to the.... light... yuck :p. Anyway, the main point is that it definetly shows that while my Sith Warrior is a proud Sith of the Empire, Vette sees the nice side only she's permitted to see, and she appreciates it. Example, when you tell Vette not to seek vegeance against the Hutt who enslaved her mother, and after she "thanks" you for saving her life, you respond if you're Dark "I wasn't about anything bad happen to MY girl", and Vette says she likes the sound of that. So for me, the sheer fact that there is whole different dialogue between a Sith Warrior and Vette romance makes it, to me, the best.

i will say it is fun having a pey kitty comando following me around with a bazooka. also i gave him the ocelot look.

and yeah..his voice does make one purr :D

Kitty commando! With a bazooka. Yes, I approve. ;)

One of these days I should possibly try another of the romances in this game besides Aric & Torian. Eh, one day.

And yes, much thanks to Torian for making me play with ghoul guts. Perfect start to a romance if you ask me....

Edited by Taalbert

Kitty commando! With a bazooka. Yes, I approve. ;)

One of these days I should possibly try another of the romances in this game besides Aric & Torian. Eh, one day.

And yes, much thanks to Torian for making me play with ghoul guts. Perfect start to a romance if you ask me....

hey you cat girls persuaded me to go try things on the furry side, give the love hive a little try ;)

See, I can't really judge which is the 'best' romance or not. One fact is I play women strictly, being a woman myself. Plus, these aren't MY romances, but my characters' romances.

Let me break it down why I enjoy each LI our female characters get and not just because those are our only options, because you CAN basically tell the LI to get lost and not let the door hit them in the *** on the way out.

Andronikos. Personally, in real life I wouldn't touch a man like this with a ten foot pole. He's rude, abrasive, likes to kill, very blunt, and not very attractive (to my personal tastes). But my Sith Inquisitor adores him. I never changed his default look. *I* think he's ugly as sin, but my Inquisitor finds him highly attractive, very sweet in his own way, and very good in bed. He's PERFECT for her and her personality. I didn't make her personality, she TOLD me her personality.

Torian. He's way too effing young for MY personal tastes. I prefer older men. Plus I hate blond hair. I prefer red hair or dark hair. But my Bountyhunter finds him sweet and very attractive. He's naive and innocent in some ways and she likes that about him. (Course she's also actually a year YOUNGER than he is, but that's head canon). I would never date someone like Torian in real life, but my Bountyhunter is head over heels.

Quinn. I do find him attractive myself. I'm shallow, I'll admit it. But my Sith Warrior, even with that debacle before the final showdown with Baras, finds him utterly attractive. She squishes herself whenever he says anything or touches her. She worked HARD to get him to admit his feelings. That's why she was so hurt over what he did. He's extremely intelligent, he's hot, he's dominate in the bedroom and passive in public. She's light side, but he's agreed with just about every decision she's made. He's perfect for her. Would *I* go out with him or stay with him after what he did? No. But SHE would. That's how she rolls.

Vector. He's more cute than sexy to me personally. I have a HUGE insect phobia to the point I almost have a heart attack if an ant crawls on my hand or is within 1 foot of me. But my Chiss agent finds him irresistible. She flirted aggressively with him. Made sure he knew exactly what she wanted from him at first. She doesn't care he's a joiner, could give a toss less. But she finds him the sexiest man in creation. Do I personally find him attractive in any way? Not really, but she does.

Corso. I'm not into rednecks, southerners, whatever you'd call him. Space cowboy? He's too 'ladies first' for me. I like my men more manly and butch, he comes off as too sweet for my personal tastes. But my Smuggler adores him. When she found out he got jealous over ANY man flirting with her or she flirting with them she completely stopped. She never once got laid by any NPC that wasn't Corso because she liked him more than the others. Would I tolerate that kind of jealousy? Hell no. But she does because she finds him attractive, sexy, sweet and good in bed if those 4 times they f-t-b is any indication. And he has his default look.

Jorgan. I wouldn't go out with a catman at all. Especially not a gun-ho military man. But my trooper finds him sexy and likes his personality. They haven't gotten to the f-t-b yet, but she's begun to flirt with him.

Doc. He's what Kira called a 'walking hormone'. I'm sure he's slept with more women than Captain Kirk. He's constantly flirting with my Chiss Jedi and calling her beautiful and such. Would I go with someone like that in real life? Hell no cause 9 times out of 10, he'd cheat on you in real life. But my Jedi finds him extremely sexy, his voice is hot, and she loves his aggressive 'spread them' mentality. She WANTS to be taken for a ride by this doctor who hits on anything in a skirt. I never would because as I said, I prefer someone not staring at ***** all day, but it's who SHE finds attractive.

Just because WE as the players may find a LI unattractive, annoying, insulting, etc. Doesn't mean our characters do. Remember, we play them, but we aren't actually THEM.

See, I can't really judge which is the 'best' romance or not. One fact is I play women strictly, being a woman myself. Plus, these aren't MY romances, but my characters' romances.

Let me break it down why I enjoy each LI our female characters get and not just because those are our only options, because you CAN basically tell the LI to get lost and not let the door hit them in the *** on the way out.

Andronikos. Personally, in real life I wouldn't touch a man like this with a ten foot pole. He's rude, abrasive, likes to kill, very blunt, and not very attractive (to my personal tastes). But my Sith Inquisitor adores him. I never changed his default look. *I* think he's ugly as sin, but my Inquisitor finds him highly attractive, very sweet in his own way, and very good in bed. He's PERFECT for her and her personality. I didn't make her personality, she TOLD me her personality.

Torian. He's way too effing young for MY personal tastes. I prefer older men. Plus I hate blond hair. I prefer red hair or dark hair. But my Bountyhunter finds him sweet and very attractive. He's naive and innocent in some ways and she likes that about him. (Course she's also actually a year YOUNGER than he is, but that's head canon). I would never date someone like Torian in real life, but my Bountyhunter is head over heels.

Quinn. I do find him attractive myself. I'm shallow, I'll admit it. But my Sith Warrior, even with that debacle before the final showdown with Baras, finds him utterly attractive. She squishes herself whenever he says anything or touches her. She worked HARD to get him to admit his feelings. That's why she was so hurt over what he did. He's extremely intelligent, he's hot, he's dominate in the bedroom and passive in public. She's light side, but he's agreed with just about every decision she's made. He's perfect for her. Would *I* go out with him or stay with him after what he did? No. But SHE would. That's how she rolls.

Vector. He's more cute than sexy to me personally. I have a HUGE insect phobia to the point I almost have a heart attack if an ant crawls on my hand or is within 1 foot of me. But my Chiss agent finds him irresistible. She flirted aggressively with him. Made sure he knew exactly what she wanted from him at first. She doesn't care he's a joiner, could give a toss less. But she finds him the sexiest man in creation. Do I personally find him attractive in any way? Not really, but she does.

Corso. I'm not into rednecks, southerners, whatever you'd call him. Space cowboy? He's too 'ladies first' for me. I like my men more manly and butch, he comes off as too sweet for my personal tastes. But my Smuggler adores him. When she found out he got jealous over ANY man flirting with her or she flirting with them she completely stopped. She never once got laid by any NPC that wasn't Corso because she liked him more than the others. Would I tolerate that kind of jealousy? Hell no. But she does because she finds him attractive, sexy, sweet and good in bed if those 4 times they f-t-b is any indication. And he has his default look.

Jorgan. I wouldn't go out with a catman at all. Especially not a gun-ho military man. But my trooper finds him sexy and likes his personality. They haven't gotten to the f-t-b yet, but she's begun to flirt with him.

Doc. He's what Kira called a 'walking hormone'. I'm sure he's slept with more women than Captain Kirk. He's constantly flirting with my Chiss Jedi and calling her beautiful and such. Would I go with someone like that in real life? Hell no cause 9 times out of 10, he'd cheat on you in real life. But my Jedi finds him extremely sexy, his voice is hot, and she loves his aggressive 'spread them' mentality. She WANTS to be taken for a ride by this doctor who hits on anything in a skirt. I never would because as I said, I prefer someone not staring at ***** all day, but it's who SHE finds attractive.

Just because WE as the players may find a LI unattractive, annoying, insulting, etc. Doesn't mean our characters do. Remember, we play them, but we aren't actually THEM.

this. its what compliments your toon. thats why i might have to let down poor vette for jaesa on my SW...

this. its what compliments your toon. thats why i might have to let down poor vette for jaesa on my SW...

Ahh, but the Vette romance was a good old fashioned piece of work as far as waiting until the wedding night. And WHOA what a wedding night it was! :cool:

When she says how she found her old shock collar.... KINK FACTOR 5!!! ;):D Giggity giggity GIG-GI-TY!

Yes, that was the "And this one time, at band camp....." moment in TOR. Jaw, meet Desk. :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

Ahh, but the Vette romance was a good old fashioned piece of work as far as waiting until the wedding night. And WHOA what a wedding night it was! :cool:

When she says how she found her old shock collar.... KINK FACTOR 5!!! ;):D Giggity giggity GIG-GI-TY!

Yes, that was the "And this one time, at band camp....." moment in TOR. Jaw, meet Desk. :D

i still think that letter jaesa sends you with her dream...rather hints at her wanting to be dominated and force thrown around >:3

hey you cat girls persuaded me to go try things on the furry side, give the love hive a little try ;)

Aaah I suppose fair's fair, isn't it. I'll make my next girl an agent. Just to see!

And I completely agree with Eanelinea. Great post...you have a good point. My SI went for Andronikos, but I would not in real life. Nor would I go near Torian, myself. But my BH fawns all over him.

I have managed to get my sith inquiz and sith war to the romancing stages. I was hoping for something more in depth though. They speak about their feelings for each other. But having seen so very little dialog between your player control character, and your NPC companion, it seems like their pace of romantic advancement to marriage is troubling to far weighted on almost pure sexual hunger.

As much as I will admit that sexual desire does attract people together, is fun to do, and helps procreate life... From the perspective of an actual relationships, and what makes real relationships work and what makes real marriages work, it really feels like the media/hollywood storyline error in romance judgement got used here.

Anyone in a real relationship that really works, will tell you how such a thing will come to a bitter end. The bases for the in game storyline marriage is far to shallow. You should never make such a hardcore commitment based solely on emotional cravings that come and go on a whim, and founded mainly on a sex hunger alone.

These characters display no in sight to each other in the deep senses needed to connect and bond properly and figure out if such a choice to make the hardcore commitment of marriage will actually work. None of the hard questions get asked, none of the character personalities are truly interacted with shared or really bonded.

Sex maybe fun, and I wont blame anyone for that. Go and have fun. But these characters and the reasons they get married... /facepalm

Seriously, don't follow the holloywood stereotype version of church rules on how and why to get married. Just have your uncommitted fun, and let marriage be what it is really meant for.

I have managed to get my sith inquiz and sith war to the romancing stages. I was hoping for something more in depth though. They speak about their feelings for each other. But having seen so very little dialog between your player control character, and your NPC companion, it seems like their pace of romantic advancement to marriage is troubling to far weighted on almost pure sexual hunger.

As much as I will admit that sexual desire does attract people together, is fun to do, and helps procreate life... From the perspective of an actual relationships, and what makes real relationships work and what makes real marriages work, it really feels like the media/hollywood storyline error in romance judgement got used here.

Anyone in a real relationship that really works, will tell you how such a thing will come to a bitter end. The bases for the in game storyline marriage is far to shallow. You should never make such a hardcore commitment based solely on emotional cravings that come and go on a whim, and founded mainly on a sex hunger alone.

These characters display no in sight to each other in the deep senses needed to connect and bond properly and figure out if such a choice to make the hardcore commitment of marriage will actually work. None of the hard questions get asked, none of the character personalities are truly interacted with shared or really bonded.

Sex maybe fun, and I wont blame anyone for that. Go and have fun. But these characters and the reasons they get married... /facepalm

Seriously, don't follow the holloywood stereotype version of church rules on how and why to get married. Just have your uncommitted fun, and let marriage be what it is really meant for.

at least theyre better written than harvest moon romances rofl

...although they are quite simmilar...

harvest moon = give gifts every day + talk to them every day = unconditional love

Its kind of hard to display the progress of a full fledged relationship to marriage and love in a video game, especially one that is NOT a dating simulator (but those aren't any better usually).

And I actually liked Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life and Harvest Moon 64, if nothing else for the challenge in courting the girls (If you didn't know what they liked or missed a day, you were screwed).