3 Days from launch and 90% of servers are full.

InsaneJohn

any idea what will be done about server population? 3 days from its actual launch and most play times all servers are heavy-full.

My worry is come launch its going to be even worse.

Not trolling and i love the game so far, but i like being able to log in and play not log in wait 30min in a q and then play.

any idea what will be done about server population? 3 days from its actual launch and most play times all servers are heavy-full.

Not trolling and i love the game so far, but i like being able to log in and play not log in wait 30min in a q and then play.

I get you man. I also fear that the servers will be jammed at launch I usually dont have a que in the mornings or afternoons, but today I did. And the night before the que times have been getting longer from my first early access date. I just want to play this great game lol

Some people are waiting in que's of multiple hours, and your mad about 30 minutes? It's a new mmo and que's are a regular thing. New servers will be added, and it won't be as bad down the road, but come on. New MMO. Servers are going to have ques any time remotely around prime time game hours.

Some people are waiting in que's of multiple hours, and your mad about 30 minutes? It's a new mmo and que's are a regular thing. New servers will be added, and it won't be as bad down the road, but come on. New MMO. Servers are going to have ques any time remotely around prime time game hours.

im not mad. like i said im not trolling it i just was curios as to a potential plan to resolve the issue.

They will add more servers and tweak the ones currently available.

They already knew this was going to be a huge lunch. I wonder if the actual size surprised them by being even larger.

I doubt "tweaking" current servers will fix anything. Noone is leaving their servers because their entire guild has been placed there by bioware and it is a severe inconvience to start over and move an entire guild. The new servers will only minimize more population coming to existing servers, however more will still come to join existing guilds. The problems will only get worse for the existing servers. Bioware poorly anticipated this problem and have no real solution to fix it...period.

Edited by -Eternal-

Server caps are constantly monitored and adjusted during launch in order to try and make people go to different servers. These servers are not full, they are full for now so people spread out. Caps will be raised and lowered accordingly.

It's an old mmo mind trick...

Hohohohoho

Hahahahaha

Server caps are constantly monitored and adjusted during launch in order to try and make people go to different servers. These servers are not full, they are full for now so people spread out. Caps will be raised and lowered accordingly.

It's an old mmo mind trick...

Hohohohoho

Hahahahaha

genius, i was going to say exactly that.

Heres the problem, you could do what rift did was launch tons of servers during launch to stop over population and ques. However, with any MMO some people aren't going to play past their 30 days and will then leave making the amount of players on each server lower. Then you will get what happened to rift was the downside to popping out tons of servers is that in a few months some of those servers will be barren.

So I'm fine with what they are doing as it helps the overall health of the game in the long run, however I do wish that they would increase the server caps by just a little bit.

I'm pretty sure the majority of people looking to play this game is already playing.

The early access wasn't exactly hard to get in to.

Yeap I would have to agree with ya on this. But like any MMO there are always going to be people who hear bout this game months from now through friends, work mates Family etc etc and start playing

Yeah I know what you mean. I logged in today and all but 5 US servers were not full.., but very heavy.

I really hope they get this fixed soon I dont like waiting 1hr+ through 1700+ people to get on

Heres the problem, you could do what rift did was launch tons of servers during launch to stop over population and ques. However, with any MMO some people aren't going to play past their 30 days and will then leave making the amount of players on each server lower. Then you will get what happened to rift was the downside to popping out tons of servers is that in a few months some of those servers will be barren.

So I'm fine with what they are doing as it helps the overall health of the game in the long run, however I do wish that they would increase the server caps by just a little bit.

So what if they have to merge and sell off, lets say, 25 servers after the free month is over. They can afford it. Ultimately, it would hurt Bioware more if the server queues cause fustrated people to leave who might have stayed for the long run otherwise.

Prob cause of everyone a couple days ago saying "they are almost all light why wont you let us in."

Maybe they let too many in too fast. I'm betting they will add more servers.

I'll play after work not before cause of the ques.

Or better yet for when i do wake up early ill chose a less populated server for my other side characters.

When I hit that queue and its over 30 minutes I hop over to another standard (even heavy now) server, build a new character, and take him to L10.

That way, no matter what, when the fit hits the shan Dec 20 and the floodgates open I will have options, many options, that do not include a starting planet.

I doubt "tweaking" current servers will fix anything. Noone is leaving their servers because their entire guild has been placed there by bioware and it is a severe inconvience to start over and move an entire guild. The new servers will only minimize more population coming to existing servers, however more will still come to join existing guilds. The problems will only get worse for the existing servers. Bioware poorly anticipated this problem and have no real solution to fix it...period.

it can be fixed if they were to turn that server into a cluster that shares the load that way more people can get in that instance.

I'm not sure why there are servers like this in the first place it should be one big cloud that will autocratically direct you to your nearest host. Whatever though i love this game :)

So what if they have to merge and sell off, lets say, 25 servers after the free month is over. They can afford it. Ultimately, it would hurt Bioware more if the server queues cause fustrated people to leave who might have stayed for the long run otherwise.

True but not true, there are servers with no ques at all so its people playing on servers with ques(for what ever the reason friends, guilds, etc...) have put themselves in that situation and can't blame bioware for that when.

Also nobody can win launches traditionally most if not all MMOs go through rough times, but they get it down the road eventually.

They will add more servers and tweak the ones currently available.

They already knew this was going to be a huge lunch. I wonder if the actual size surprised them by being even larger.

I wonder if they shared their lunch or ate it all by themselves, I mean after all it is really a big lunch. 20 foot sub at least.

this pretty much, though my guild opted to move to another server do to imbalance, not such a big deal. What may need done is to get a transfer system up and running and allow guilds to move to another server of same type, or just people in general... but yea it is a concern.