Is Gunnery Commando's really working as intended?

Is my commando really working as intended when I don't stand a chance vs melee classes and most ranged in PvP?

It's hard to see that my Gunnery Commando is working as it should when I can't finish a damage rotation before I'm dead if someone comes for me. I'v been activily writing and responding on several threads on the commando section of your forum bioware and I havn't seen a single respond in any thread. Ooh wait I'v seen you respond when people are rage quiting the game and I'v seen one respond on the "grav/demo round proof that it's broken" so you say that it's working as intended.. Is that it? are you saying that gunnery is working as intended when so meny have either quit the game, rerolled or come here to your forum asking for sort of tool to survive in PvP? I hope that you guys are working on something to bring us back into the game, it can't be a simple matter of relearning your class or relearning your role when so meny feel the same about the fact that commandos are broken.

I don't know how it is on other servers but on my server "Lord Calypto" the commando population is dropping, the only ones still playing are either players that have played for a long time on their commandos or people like me that like the look of having a assult cannon. Major part is either playing assassin/shadow, scoundrel/operative (healer), marauder/sentinel or jaggernaut/guardian seen a few vanguards/powertechs being able to put up a fight vs all stealth/melee classes. If the pvp have been reduced to either playing a lightsaber melee dps or healer I'm going to stop PvP.

Thank you for taking your time reading.

I fet the exact same way.

I changed to assault spec, I average 200-300k a warzone and I die once or twice. The exception being when the glow sticks workout that I am constantly attacking the healers and then they target me.

The reason i die a lot less, is I am constantly moving and trying to stay behind the glow sticks.

It achieves two things, takes me out of their field of vision and makes me less likely to be the first target in their tab targeting rotation, because I am behind them and at range.

Gunnery just is not viable due to the lack of mobility. It cant be stressed enough that as a trooper to stay alive you need to be constantly moving and staying as inconspicuous as possible.

However with that said, yes I think Bioware has hit the trooper class a little to hard with the nerf bat that two of the three trees are near on useless and not fun to play.

is my commando really working as intended when i don't stand a chance vs melee classes and most ranged in pvp?

It's hard to see that my gunnery commando is working as it should when i can't finish a damage rotation before i'm dead if someone comes for me. I'v been activily writing and responding on several threads on the commando section of your forum bioware and i havn't seen a single respond in any thread. Ooh wait i'v seen you respond when people are rage quiting the game and i'v seen one respond on the "grav/demo round proof that it's broken" so you say that it's working as intended.. Is that it? Are you saying that gunnery is working as intended when so meny have either quit the game, rerolled or come here to your forum asking for sort of tool to survive in pvp? I hope that you guys are working on something to bring us back into the game, it can't be a simple matter of relearning your class or relearning your role when so meny feel the same about the fact that commandos are broken.

I don't know how it is on other servers but on my server "lord calypto" the commando population is dropping, the only ones still playing are either players that have played for a long time on their commandos or people like me that like the look of having a assult cannon. Major part is either playing assassin/shadow, scoundrel/operative (healer), marauder/sentinel or jaggernaut/guardian seen a few vanguards/powertechs being able to put up a fight vs all stealth/melee classes. If the pvp have been reduced to either playing a lightsaber melee dps or healer i'm going to stop pvp.

Thank you for taking your time reading.

biowear and the devs dont care commandos are not a large enuf population and more importantly aint sith.

YES they are.. they where never intended to be competitive as anything but a healer the gunnery line wasn't ever its sith brothers equal in dps or pvp these devs are a JOKE :mad:

as a gunnery commando, i have no problem killing knights/warriors, troopers/BH or shadows/assassins in pvp. the key is to ignore any concept of your dps rotation at all. why would you ever just stand there and take a lightsaber to the face? move! get away from them and spam your instant abilities. weve got a hell of a lot of them. if you can stack 5x grav vortex then great! if not then live with it. if you need a couple extra seconds to stack them, throw a cryo grenade and then line up a concussive round, or vice versa. theyll break the first cc and the second will last just long enough to get off a grav round.

the key to winning that kind of fight is to keep moving. they cant hit you from ranged, so why let them stay melee?

as a gunnery commando, i have no problem killing knights/warriors, troopers/BH or shadows/assassins in pvp. the key is to ignore any concept of your dps rotation at all. why would you ever just stand there and take a lightsaber to the face? move! get away from them and spam your instant abilities. weve got a hell of a lot of them. if you can stack 5x grav vortex then great! if not then live with it. if you need a couple extra seconds to stack them, throw a cryo grenade and then line up a concussive round, or vice versa. theyll break the first cc and the second will last just long enough to get off a grav round.

the key to winning that kind of fight is to keep moving. they cant hit you from ranged, so why let them stay melee?

This is pretty much what these forums consist of:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=154012

Glad to see another commando enjoying their class and makin' it happen!

Uh huh...you expect me to believe you kite them with Hammer Shot?!

What morons are you fighting that let you stay at range? You don't even have a snare.

Tell me how to run away much less kite a glow stick that has decided to kill me in pvp? I am not even talking about trying to do any damage to them, just trying to escape.

No one can tell you how to do this, because it isn't possible if the person trying to kill you has even half of a clue what they are doing. You will perma-snared making your 2 sec snare that you apply to them pretty worthless. If you create space with your knockback, they will either a) jump right back on you, b) speed boost their way to you, probably while invisible, c) root you in place and run back to you, or d) just kill you from range with their lighsaber throws that hit harder than your demo round.

Squadmates! Reroll in Gunslingers!!!!!

PERFECT rangers!

- NO monkey jumps on you!

- 3 surv abilities (100%dodge, absorb field, scrambling field(20%damage reduction to u and your team;))

- 20 sec immune to ALL CCs(:eek:) (45sec CD :D)

- 2 pushbacks

- aoe blind

- root

- RANGED interrupt (:eek:)

- balls kick(stun)+30%speed after

- INCREDIBLE burst damage (20% alacrity skill buff for 10 sec)

- healing debuff and armour debuff

- 35m range skills application! Always welcome in premades!

Commando gunnery

PERFECT LOSER!

- 1 stun

- 1 pushback

- 1 target sleep (2 sec interruptable cast)

- 1 surv ability (reactive shield)

- NO root or snare (LOL for a ranger)

- NO interrupt (:confused:)

- Always welcome for monkeyjumps!

- Ridiculous damage

- ...... etc

WT*?! Commando hasn't even the HALF of the tools the Gslinger has O_O !!!

Commando designers, cut your croocked hands plz and never try to deal with things you have no ideas about.

P.S.

74 valor commando i am.

And this is what i use now with my Gslinger http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bsrbdRRRGZbcZGb.1

If my gunnery had the same opportunities, imps would p*ss with blood.

Edited by dejavy

Funny, even in complaints both classes are a mirror of each other...I hope Bioware throws a bone to troopers/bounty hunters soon! I miss the fun I used to have when playing mine... Edited by sethroque

Squadmates! Reroll in Gunslingers!!!!!

PERFECT rangers!

- NO monkey jumps on you!

- 3 surv abilities (100%dodge, absorb field, scrambling field(20%damage reduction to u and your team;))

- 20 sec immune to ALL CCs(:eek:) (45sec CD :D)

- 2 pushbacks

- aoe blind

- root

- RANGED interrupt (:eek:)

- balls kick(stun)+30%speed after

- INCREDIBLE burst damage (20% alacrity skill buff for 10 sec)

- healing debuff and armour debuff

- 35m range skills application! Always welcome in premades!

Commando gunnery

PERFECT LOSER!

- 1 stun

- 1 pushback

- 1 target sleep (2 sec interruptable cast)

- 1 surv ability (reactive shield)

- NO root or snare (LOL for a ranger)

- NO interrupt (:confused:)

- Always welcome for monkeyjumps!

- Ridiculous damage

- ...... etc

WT*?! Commando hasn't even the HALF of the tools the Gslinger has O_O !!!

Commando designers, cut your croocked hands plz and never try to deal with things you have no ideas about.

P.S.

74 valor commando i am.

And this is what i use now with my Gslinger http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bsrbdRRRGZbcZGb.1

If my gunnery had the same opportunities, imps would p*ss with blood.

Well this is it, I don't want to reroll but bioware have pretty much forced people to reroll if their main character was a commando and if they wnt to enjoy PvP. Damn shame.

Bah I love my Gunnery Commando. Its a bit of a pain, but I tend to do well both in kills and in damage during WZs. The trick I've found is accepting that I have to stay WAY back. Gunnery Troopers can NOT be in the thick of the action because their best sets of attacks have a cast time.

When I chose a Gunnery Trooper I knew that I wouldn't be the versatile wrecking ball that I could be with other specs, but what I am in exchange is an artillery strike waiting to happen. Stay the distance back and unleash hell with grav round, Demo Round, and High Impact Bolt. Enjoy the numbers popping when you toss a Mortar strike into a group of people.

Does the Gunnery Class have solo survivability? No. Can I take people one-on-one? Yeah, but 2, 3, 4 on one? Not a chance. Luckily that isn't my DPS role.

Launch the pain from a distance and let the numbers pop up. Relocate to the best vantage point, rinse and repeat. Be the support you were designed to be.

Bah I love my Gunnery Commando. Its a bit of a pain, but I tend to do well both in kills and in damage during WZs. The trick I've found is accepting that I have to stay WAY back. Gunnery Troopers can NOT be in the thick of the action because their best sets of attacks have a cast time.

When I chose a Gunnery Trooper I knew that I wouldn't be the versatile wrecking ball that I could be with other specs, but what I am in exchange is an artillery strike waiting to happen. Stay the distance back and unleash hell with grav round, Demo Round, and High Impact Bolt. Enjoy the numbers popping when you toss a Mortar strike into a group of people.

Does the Gunnery Class have solo survivability? No. Can I take people one-on-one? Yeah, but 2, 3, 4 on one? Not a chance. Luckily that isn't my DPS role.

Launch the pain from a distance and let the numbers pop up. Relocate to the best vantage point, rinse and repeat. Be the support you were designed to be.

Never read anything more ridiculous. Enjoy the numbers? What numbers am i supposed to enjoy with? 2.6k demo? or 700-670-1200 fullauto? Or maybe 1100-2100 with my grav round? Right, i must enjoy TOTAL incapability to deal any damage when any melee on me? Or die in 5 seconds when jugger sweeps and then just finishes me up?

Stop talking rot bro. Seems you've never played against pure pvp guilds premades. The class is unplayable now, except having "fun" with pugs which matches end with 99% of lose.

Edited by dejavy

I don't like gunslinger (as well as jedi knights) because there are a lot of skills that are almost the same with just a little difference, that force you to learn to use all of them with the better cycle. There are lots of skills that could have been merged into one. Maybe the devs have forgotten the big rule in development: simplicity is better? Anyway gunslinger may be powerfull, but fortunately there are so few people that know how to use them efficiently, that it's almost a complete waste, and most of the gunslinger are no match for me. Edited by Boufsa

You aren't 50, are you.