Ship customization.

LostZiggy

Armour mannequins and weapon racks where I can display cool-looking gear.

Trophy cabinets.. For example, every time you kill a world boss something should drop from it (a tooth, a circuit board, whatever) that can be added to a trophy case. Think of the Bobbleheads in Fallout 3 or the model ships in Mass Effect 2.

Ship customisationkit that allow me to change the colour scheme (the same way companion customisation kits work).

Racks in the cargo hold showing the actual speeders I own.

All my pets should be running around inside the ship.

where is the game room... even in movie they played some sort of chess.. against the wookie and flailed around at some floating orbs with sabers and blind folds.... drop bombs on womprats from gliders.... tripped up at-at with cables ... where are the fun mini games :| .. invite some friends to your ship.. play some cards.. shoot some pool.. earn some social points... something...

where is the game room... even in movie they played some sort of chess.. against the wookie and flailed around at some floating orbs with sabers and blind folds.... drop bombs on womprats from gliders.... tripped up at-at with cables ... where are the fun mini games :| .. invite some friends to your ship.. play some cards.. shoot some pool.. earn some social points... something...

I almost put mini-games in my post, but yes, this ^

• Exterior Color Mods - Craftable rare colors and Vendor normal colors. Effects large sections of ship.
  • Interior Color Mods - Same, but effects are room by room.
  • Interior "Design" Slots - I choose slots over floorplans for simplicity on both ends (user and design). Ships have "slots" for their gear/furniture. Each room in a ship has a certain amount slots that are assigned to different areas of the room. Each room has a designation. Furniture can then be crafted or bought and added to each slot in each specific area. Ideally, even something as simple as the housing options in LoTR or FFXI (basic floorplan concept) would be great
  • Exterior "Design" Slots - Same concept, but on the exterior and much more limited Allow me to have a quad-cannon to replace my single cannon in the same weapon mount area. Allow me to get rid of the big engine "Turbines" on my Corellian Defender in favor of a more sleeker (or simply more unique) design. Doesn't change stats...just looks "cooler/sleeker/whatever" to that person.
  • Purchasable ships - Having played every class up to the point that I actually get a ship...I have to say my Operatives X-70B Phantom is my fav and I would love to cruise around in something similar with my Jedi.

Those are my big things. The list of furniture I would want would definitely be extensive but, at the top, I would agree with Trophy Case. Big time. Even Star Trek Online had this and it was a cool addition to my Starship.

Also, furniture would include stuff like intractable mini-games, my vehicles, etc.

• Exterior Color Mods - Craftable rare colors and Vendor normal colors. Effects large sections of ship.
  • Interior Color Mods - Same, but effects are room by room.
  • Interior "Design" Slots - I choose slots over floorplans for simplicity on both ends (user and design). Ships have "slots" for their gear/furniture. Each room in a ship has a certain amount slots that are assigned to different areas of the room. Each room has a designation. Furniture can then be crafted or bought and added to each slot in each specific area. Ideally, even something as simple as the housing options in LoTR or FFXI (basic floorplan concept) would be great
  • Exterior "Design" Slots - Same concept, but on the exterior and much more limited Allow me to have a quad-cannon to replace my single cannon in the same weapon mount area. Allow me to get rid of the big engine "Turbines" on my Corellian Defender in favor of a more sleeker (or simply more unique) design. Doesn't change stats...just looks "cooler/sleeker/whatever" to that person.
  • Purchasable ships - Having played every class up to the point that I actually get a ship...I have to say my Operatives X-70B Phantom is my fav and I would love to cruise around in something similar with my Jedi.

Those are my big things. The list of furniture I would want would definitely be extensive but, at the top, I would agree with Trophy Case. Big time. Even Star Trek Online had this and it was a cool addition to my Starship.

Also, furniture would include stuff like intractable mini-games, my vehicles, etc.

I think you can be in charge of designing this feature, cause all your ideas seem real good to me.

1. We should be able to obtain other ships of our faction(prehaps via Legacy like a Household Ship? U get x class to 50, you unlock that ship to be selected for ur class's default ship obviously faction locked)

2. Have the Couches and Chairs working everywhere. (Including Cantinas in the Fleet)

3. Let us assign where we want our Companions to be Located.

4. Let us NAME our ship, cosmetically so it says our ship name when we are in it, and other people in it.

5. DOORS, why don't we get a Open/Close door option for our cockpit, and our bedroom?

6. Beds let us click them and have a laying down emote while using it.

7. Med Bay let it be clickable and we can go in it because we should.(and a Kolto tank for the Jedi ship cough cough wink wink)

8. Objects and Trophies. interior decorating. maybe even a display rack for a suit of armor or robes?

9. A weapon rack in our bedroom that can hold X amount of Sabers or Blasters etc.

10. Able to Mute Turn off, and maybe even lock up our greeting droid Hell, why not put him in a closet?

11. Give Purpose to the Escape Pods besides a friend in your ship's backup emergancy fleet pass.

12. Intercom is useless except when some quests require us to click it. give it a reason to be usable. Why not let us use it to grab our faction fleet lvl 50 dailies/weeklys

13. Ability to Fast Travil to our Ship.

14. Companion Marriage. add onto it besides a couple of letters, perhaps have them relocated to our bedroom?

15. OUTDOOR Modifications: How about a color socket to our blasters in our ship so we can change the color of our ships blasters during combat missions?

Edited by Magnusheart

1. We should be able to obtain other ships of our faction(prehaps via Legacy like a Household Ship? U get x class to 50, you unlock that ship to be selected for ur class's default ship obviously faction locked)

2. Have the Couches and Chairs working everywhere. (Including Cantinas in the Fleet)

4. Let us NAME our ship, cosmetically so it says our ship name when we are in it, and other people in it.

5. DOORS, why don't we get a Open/Close door option for our cockpit, and our bedroom?

7. Med Bay let it be clickable and we can go in it because we should.(and a Kolto tank for the Jedi ship cough cough wink wink)

8. Objects and Trophies. interior decorating. maybe even a display rack for a suit of armor or robes?

9. A weapon rack in our bedroom that can hold X amount of Sabers or Blasters etc.

10. Able to Mute Turn off, and maybe even lock up our greeting droid Hell, why not put him in a closet?

11. Give Purpose to the Escape Pods besides a friend in your ship's backup emergancy fleet pass.

12. Intercom is useless except when some quests require us to click it. give it a reason to be usable. Why not let us use it to grab our faction fleet lvl 50 dailies/weeklys

14. Companion Marriage. add onto it besides a couple of letters, perhaps have them relocated to our bedroom?

15. OUTDOOR Modifications: How about a color socket to our blasters in our ship so we can change the color of our ships blasters during combat missions?

#3 is a big one for me! My ships feel empty and lonely even when I have all of my companions, largely because they are squirreled away in remote corners of the ship. I want them where I can see them regularly and give them a poke! It would be bonus if they had some animations and occasional comments.

Signed! Customization would be awesome, and I would like to be able to purchase different kind of ships. I like the Fury, but I would rather have something a bit less... Sithy? A Dynamic-class freighter would be cool (think Ebon Hawk) or maybe a Yacht.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

# 12 and 4 are brilliant! I could also appreciate a pazaak table, open bar, and a display for Armor, trophies, speeders

where is the game room... even in movie they played some sort of chess.. against the wookie and flailed around at some floating orbs with sabers and blind folds....

Why, it's right here: http://imageshack.us/a/img11/6897/immersiveexperience.jpg

I would like to buy a new ship too. I can't believe how they could miss out on the opportunity of making instanced housing through the player ships. Instead they turned the ships into a story element. One problem with adding more ships is that they'll have to change all cutscenes >_< it's so stupid it's depressing.

Decorations could've been a better vanity item than the WoWified mini pets and mounts.