SPOILERS!!! Darth jadus question

DSWSithlord

I fought him as a lvl 33 Lethality Operative. After being killed a few times while struggling with the Line of Sight issue - I finally beat him.

As stated earlier, your interrupts are the key. I used Disable whenever possible (Lethality has reduced cooldown), Distract when Lethality isn't available. I used Flashbang when it was time to heal myself or my companion.

Fortunately the Lethality Operative is a hand-to-hand spec. So standing on top of the enemy wasn't an issue. Even so, the battle was VERY close. I think one saving grace was that my companions healed rapidly whenever they were put in CC. That was the times that I also used Flashbang.

Every trick, tactic, and ability was pulled out for this fight. Even though I died several times and used a few swear words - I feel like it was the best fight I've had in the game so far. It was challenging and was just barely within my ability to win. After finishing that fight off, I understand my class and its capabilities much better than before. Easy mobs had really let me be lazy with how I was playing.

So in conclusion: Debilitate / Distract to stop big scary spells. Flashbang to heal. Corrosive Dart and Corrosive Grenade constantly working on his health. In between all this, just keep putting damage on him however you can manage.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry if someone has said this before, bug you don't have to fight him, choose to join him and you don't have to. BUT that said, I chose to kill him, I needed to bring in help, I watched videos, I tried and tried and in the end I brought in a guildie and we killed him easy.

he;s bugged bad just tryed him on 3 different times wiped each time gotta stand right next to him to attack tried nukeing him from a distance wouldnt let me use any skills about to give up on the sniper he is however a kool toon but very unfun to play

@ lvl 32 after about 5 deaths I decided I'll come back later... Like in a couple levels. Companion melts faster than a popsicle on Tatooine and then hes on me with dots and shocks wich is death in about 10 seconds. Interrupts or not. Half the time my attacks "can't see target" even when he's standing directly in front of me on flat ground. Nerf this some eh?!:mad:

Posted this in another thread, but since it is such a gamebreaker for this class, I will repost. Btw, confirmed, this technique works, I used it myself to pass this bugged quest...

Repost:

OK, this is how I did it, based off another post on this issue. (Really ticked me off, plus, thanks, no Forum Search feature.)

Stand very far back of the bridge, back but the main doorway. (Long path leads up to Jadus, and the 2 guys flanking him...)

Target Jadus and send companion to attack him. As soon as you see that they have engaged in combat, hit the passive button. Your companion is so far away that they will teleport to your side right away.

Jadus will come running down the path to attack and you won't have any LOS issues.

A couple things to be away of:

1.) Remember to put your companion back in attack mode.

2.) There are mobs on either side of you down below (by computers/screens, etc). You may want to clear them before you pull Jadus, because if some AOE pulls them, it's easy to wipe.

3.) As always (and I say this because a surprising number of people are unaware), remember you *can* bring help. You just have to be grouped and *you* have to enter any green doors first.

4.) Use your Interrupts/Debil when he starts casting.

GL. After I learned the "pull with Kaliyo" trick, I got though it fine. If not, get some help.

It really amazes me that this bug has not been fixed yet. It made me Rage Log until I found the answer on the forums. Again, thanks, no forums search, but Google kinda works...

This fight was really annoying with the buggy LOS problems all over the room, especially on his elevated bridge.

The only way I could do anything was to use Kaliyo to attack, then put her into passive mode and run him off the platform before setting her loose again. That didn't totally fix the issue, but made it so I could attack and do something.

Incredibly annoying that it took a bunch of deaths to figure out a way to just be able to actually fight back.

Once I got him off the "bridge" it wasn't so bad (but still hard) at L30. Engineering sniper kited him with Int probe, corrosive dart, leg shot, overload, explosive probe, takedown (when available) and rifle shot.

Edited by Infalliable

I'm about ready to do this on my Sniper tonight after work. No way I'm working for this costumed buffoon. He demands I kneel when all I want to do is ignore him since his interference is unwelcome and when I refuse to debase my character to his insipid drivel he zaps me? My agent's reply of not being his puppet is one of the most true statements I've ever heard in a game.

Even in this aforementioned cutscene in his chambers where he's boasting about being in his presence corrupts people, blah blah, yeah whatever Chuckles, my character stood proud and upright while giving him the look we usually reserve for people that claim the salad is talking to them. I took note that my full lightside agent (to date anyway) was still pure light and looked the same as ever. Jadus needs to burn for his betrayal, his arrogance, and daring to mess with my girl.

Stand very far back of the bridge, back but the main doorway. (Long path leads up to Jadus, and the 2 guys flanking him...)

Target Jadus and send companion to attack him. As soon as you see that they have engaged in combat, hit the passive button. Your companion is so far away that they will teleport to your side right away.

Jadus will come running down the path to attack and you won't have any LOS issues.

^ As a sniper (32 with a mix of marksman/lethality), this is the way to to deal with the "Cannot see target" bug. I tried to run up and shiv or debilitate him a few times to get combat started, but that doesn't draw him off the ramp, which is where to problem lies. Plus, at that point, I see that debilitate as wasted. Gotta be quick about setting your companion to passive, though, otherwise he'll knock him/her down with an attack.

As for the fight, I tried with both Vector and Kaliyo, finding that Kaliyo worked out better. I've spent quite a little bit of money on everyone's gear and stocked up on Trauma Medpacks.

I just let Jadus hit me with his weaker attacks to save my interrupts, and interrupted with whatever wasn't on cooldown (flash bang, cover pulse, debilitate, even ambush knockback) when he started to get really purple looking. ^_^ I spammed debilitate honestly, as its cooldown is pretty reasonable. And I definitely used my damage over time attacks, like corrosive dart and the toxic one (can't remember the name), as much as possible.

I can't believe this quest is still so bugged all to hell. I tried this afternoon and after getting slapped around a few time finally defeated him. THE FIRST TIME! GAH! You mean I gotta kill this psychopath more than once. Died a few times on the second go around and rage quit so I could eat and relax. Getting ready to try again in a minute. Get on the ball BW. This is a black eye on your reputation. I am a 35 Sniper and getting the damn "can't see target" bug of course.

I had avoided this thread so as not to spoil anything up to this point but now I wish I had read it before I tired the quest. If I could start over I would gladly play Jaus's pet just to avoid this annoying crap. I will try some of the techniques that you all have suggested but this really ruins what should have been a great end to a very enjoyable story so far. Wake the hell up BW and fix this crap!

As a followup, after about ten deaths and 20,000 credits of stims and repairs I finally finished this by resorting to silly cheese tactics. Dodging back and forth from one side of a terminal to the other is not epic. This simply must be fixed asap. It was such a letdown to what was otherwise a fine adventure in ch. 1.

Edited by Arinvald

I have the same "cannot see target" problem, my Vector got killed before I could do anything, and then Jadius comes straight to me and kills me easily as well.

I'm level 31 but I hope I don't have to be lvl 35 to win that fight because of these bugs!

I could kill him once but then I had to fight him a second time and I lost -_- and now I can't kill him at all... I had to go back to Alderaan and now I'm trying to do level up... can I beat him with my Sniper at lvl 32, you think?

I have to admit that Jadus was a pain in the b*** but he ain't the only enemy where you get LoS problem's. As far as I remember there's a caged droid at Nar Shadaa, where you have to pull it out of there 'cause you'll again get the same LoS issue. And here it came back in handy the strategy of beating Jadus.

Flash grenade Jadus, while your companion is in passive mode. As soon as you done that run as hell away form him and set up for fight immediately as he starts to run in your direction. And remember to set your comp in active fighting mode.

Immediately as Jadus is down the platform the LoS issue is nonexistent.

This fight is 100% BS. I'm level 32 I can't even start the fight as Sniper spec, unless i get right on top him to melee him. Everywhere else is "Cannot see target" You have to be right on top him to get him to attack. I tried Kaliyo and Vector and neither last longer then 10 seconds. I tried kiting him all over the place, hiding behind computers and nothing works. Interupts, stuns semi-work but he aoe knock backs that blasts when you can't even get up to get behind cover. Not to mention his DOT that keeps ticking and kill you too if you can't heal. Then he glitches and kills me when invisible when there was no way for him to see me. This fight really needs to be fixed NOW. 32 levels of awesome questing storyline and this terribly broken fight just ruins everything.

I'm having same problem, it a nasty bug to be sure, it only started at the second time, after I had beaten him once.

Annoying, though bringing a powerful friend is a good idea, I should do that... if I had any friends.

When I did this on my operative, he actually chased me around the room the first time, with no bugs. I was a bit underleveled, I think, so that was tough.

For the rest of the phases, he bugged out and wouldn't move from his spot on the bridge, but at the same time he was doing almost no damage either. So it was ridiculously easy to beat him, just took a while with all the targeting errors (I think Kaliyo had trouble doing damage to him, too).

I had the same issue I finally managed after about 5 deaths. I don't think I've raged this hard in awhile why the **** is this bug not fixed by now.

I finally did it with the suggestion of kiting him to the door and having more time to lay down some pain but it took 3 try's to finally get it with me frantically spamming everything I had at him.

I was level 34 and geared fairly well also Kali was geared well also but he seriously ***** the first time you fight him.

Sniper here. I beat him by standing behind him, stabbing him so he'd acknowledge my lowly presence, and then very quickly blowing him off his platform with Cover Pulse. I also used Vector. I just interrupted his lightning and dps'd him down... then I wept quietly when I realized I had to fight him multiple times.

I put in a ticket and reported his bugged ***, but who knows when he'll be fixed.

I'm an op healer using Vector, And he never got half health, and even that was rare. Did it on my first try. Dunno which AC/spec you are, but all I did was stack Kolto probe on both of us (Me for the TA), and use surgical probe if it gets low because he used lightning strike. Also, I stayed away from him so his "overload" wouldn't hit me. I then stunned him whenever he came up to me after "whirlwinding" Vector. I did basically 0 damage.

I imagine as a sniper it'll be hard, seeing as Kaliyo is... bad... to say the least.

And no, I'm not trolling. I just did it this evening. Really easy. And yes, I was level 32. Full healer. Op healers are unstoppable once you get Vector.

EDIT: After reading more into the whole LoS/Cannot See Target thing, I really just ran off the platform, and had no real issues.

Edited by Zunayson

Same as guy above me. Heal spec op, lvl 32, used Vector and kicked Jadus in his Sithy behind. Got the "cannot see target" thing on the last round though. What I did was just get some distance from Jadus and temporarily put Vector on passive so he'd come back to me. Jadus chased after him and I was able to target him after that, although tbh I was mostly letting Vector do the work. For a diplomat, he really knows how to demolish stuff. :3

I had to get help from a friend to help me, but to fix the "Cannot see target" glitch, we just targetted him, sent our companions to attack then put them on passive so they would run back, easily fixed it rather than just standing on for a while. I was healer spec level 30 and just kept healing Vector and used interupts to stop his big damage attacks. If you need to, get a friend to help you keep Vector alive, helps a lot :p

Question

What happens if you join him? I've seen how the game plays out if you talk him down and when you kill him. However, besides killing Zhorrid, is there any noticeable difference in the storyline? Particularily about Watcher 2 being on that ship and subsequent quests you get from her? Do you actually become his "herald" and work for him or is it "go kill my daughter for me and then wait for the orders as I hide in some random place" as the story continues normally?