The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why no Guardian/Juggernaught QQ?

Urien

Are we the only class that's balanced? Are we gimped? What's up, why does nobody ever complain about Guardians or Juggs?

It feels kind of insulting to the class that we don't inspire any whining, whilst every other AC gets threads dedicated it.

Give us some love guys - let's get some Nerf Guardian threads going.

Not yet...just not yet. 1st place in nerf-as-request must be Mara/Sent, 2 nd place is Tank sin/Shadow, 3rd place is Pyro Powertech/Vanguard. Then, uhm, Jugg/Guardian? Oh wait, there is still teams of Op/Sco stunlocking everyone to make them unsub needed to take care first. :D

Are we the only class that's balanced? Are we gimped? What's up, why does nobody ever complain about Guardians or Juggs?

It feels kind of insulting to the class that we don't inspire any whining, whilst every other AC gets threads dedicated it.

Give us some love guys - let's get some Nerf Guardian threads going.

Because we Guardians and Juggs who go full-defensive in tank specs are the only real men around here.

The rest of them are all sissies, including DPS spec/build Guardians and Juggs.

:)

Being a healer operative myself, I can tell that good juggernauts put guard on healers, and it often wins the fight. Without it, I am squishy and that results in much fewer heals :) Often people will ignore me even, if I am guarded/shielded.

In relation to this, I think that teams that understand to play their class roles well are the winning ones, and there are far too many pvpers who only see themselves.

Yep, I totally agree. But putting guard is not the only thing.. Since I learned how to do taunt properly I'm getting loads of MPVs too. That's where you get most of the protection points.

Not yet...just not yet. 1st place in nerf-as-request must be Mara/Sent, 2 nd place is Tank sin/Shadow, 3rd place is Pyro Powertech/Vanguard. Then, uhm, Jugg/Guardian? Oh wait, there is still teams of Op/Sco stunlocking everyone to make them unsub needed to take care first. :D

missed out Scoundrel and operative

Ohh wait......

Edited by EugeneYap

To put it bluntly: Most players are just too bad to notice the impact a good Guard/Jugg has on a match.

A "good" Guard/Jugg SHOULD have an impact on a match.

The reason that Guard/Juggs are not getting much QQ is because bad ones don't make a difference.

Because sadly the only thing a Guardian/Jugg is really good for is an extra 10K hitpoints to some Healer or DPS.

Yeah they can do damage, but they manage to do both LESS DPS than a Marauder while simultaneously being easier to kill.

That's not even slightly exaggerating... stealth + 99% damage shield are two of the only things that actually work in the insane time to kill environment we're currently seeing. There is utterly no point in having a Guardian or Jugg on your team in place of another character except as a meat shield for someone else (and an Assassin or Powertech is arguably more worthwhile)

The only possible exception is Huttball, where the extra leap to friendlies can be a game changer in a close match... but that's about it.

Edited by jasta_

To put it bluntly: Most players are just too bad to notice the impact a good Guard/Jugg has on a match.

This.

They only notice when someone kills them fast in a NOTICEABLE way. They noticed Operatives/Scoundrels and QQed enough for Bioware to nerf them repeatedly. They are noticing Marauders/Sents now and are trying to do the same thing to them.

What they don't notice as much is when a Sniper kills them. What they also don't notice is all the utility that a Juggernaut brings to the table and how much impact it has on the outcome of a warzone.

Juggernauts are one of the strongest PvP classes in this game along with Marauders, Assassins and Powertechs.

- which will still be less impact than a good Assassin, or Powertech, except maybe in Huttball.

Go on. Prove me wrong.

Guardians/Juggernauts went from being so horrible it was just completly pittiful, to being ok.

No one whines about average balanced classes... The reason we don't cry is after going from being so horrible to being meh, we all feel like we won the lottery and are waitting to get nerfed for no real reason which I expect any minute.

Edited by VoidJustice

- which will still be less impact than a good Assassin, or Powertech, except maybe in Huttball.

Go on. Prove me wrong.

What you do not get is anyone with a brain will not stack ACs on their team beyond maybe the first weeks of rated wz.

They will bring a good sin, a good pyro and a good jug (with an operative healer) as defensive group.

Jug tank mobility is awesome and can make a big difference.

I have seen plenty of post complaining about incredible smash crits from juggs. As-well as posts about how Juggs/guardians are unstoppable in huttball because of Charges and intercedes.

My own personal opinion on this is: nerf marauders, juggs are fine.

Because sadly the only thing a Guardian/Jugg is really good for is an extra 10K hitpoints to some Healer or DPS.

Long may this continue!

As long as nobody notices my class i will continue to do what i do without fear of nerfs.

If the class was made any better in DPS specs it would become OP due to how much else we can do (some people are simply too stupid to notice the difference taunt and the switching of guard makes). The only area that needs looking at is tank spec in PvP.

If all specs are meant to hit the same "levels" then ours needs improving, perhaps with some kind of passive resist to armour debuffs (to make that heavy armour advantage stick since we dont have equal on-demand cooldowns) &/or an increase to HP granted at t6 of tanking tree.

Long may this continue!

As long as nobody notices my class i will continue to do what i do without fear of nerfs.

If the class was made any better in DPS specs it would become OP due to how much else we can do (some people are simply too stupid to notice the difference taunt and the switching of guard makes). The only area that needs looking at is tank spec in PvP.

If all specs are meant to hit the same "levels" then ours needs improving, perhaps with some kind of passive resist to armour debuffs (to make that heavy armour advantage stick since we dont have equal on-demand cooldowns) &/or an increase to HP granted at t6 of tanking tree.

We're hillariously strong when geared and itemized properly. In full War hero gear only a war hero geared Rage marauder or PT/Pyro can put up a fight. The other specs shouldn't even bother with a one on one.

We're hillariously strong when geared and itemized properly. In full War hero gear only a war hero geared Rage marauder or PT/Pyro can put up a fight. The other specs shouldn't even bother with a one on one.

I'd also like to point out thou... There will never be a FOTM Guardians... our class is very hard to level and one of the harder classes to play in pvp... and thank god for small favors...

WE DO HOWEVER NEED PVE BUFFS...

(please however do not let these buffs bleed into PVP cause that will lead to nerfs)

only class I've ever played that is awesome in a Wz but horrible in a raid... le-sigh...

Edited by VoidJustice

Is this in reference to WH geared tank spec in WH tank gear? If its DPS spec & gear, then im in total agreement, if its tank spec in DPS gear i disagree strongly. Tank spec and tank gear? My tank suit is only BM so i notice a rather significant drop when im spec'd and geared as tank (which isnt surprising since my DPS setup 3/5 WH + implant/ear and is capped on crit, surge and is well on its way to the power stacking stage).

Edit: Im also basing this off how i flatten tank Spec'd Jugg when im Vig GRD- but obv i dont know their itemisation

Edited by AKfourtyseven