Powertechs need an urget nerf

JediDuckling

Hehe, this is incorrect. A properly specced shield specced vanguard has about 5-10% less burst than a assault but about 50% more sustained, infinite ammo and about 200% more survivability.

Now if you want my spec, I won't tell ya cause i don't want it showing up in nerf threads lol.

Pardon me?

I'd love to know where these figures are coming from because clearly I am doing something massively wrong?

I would tend to guess these comparitive numbers are applying to "naked" VG / PT but then that doesn't account for the supposed 200% difference in survivability.

I haven't run any numbers either but I have run full Shield spec in Supercommando as well as full Assault spec in Eliminator (with a smattering of this and that odd gear pieces thrown in for a little help in relavent stats for each spec and set). Believe me the difference in DPS is indeed huge. The difference in survivability, not so much. Lot of variables in there to play around with but to make a generic "averaging" of those percentages is quite a leap.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAHAHHAHA! The difference in dmg output between a shieldtech and a pyro or AP spec BH is STAGGERING!

You may have more survivability as a Shield Tech, but I garantee it's less than 5 seconds, all scenarios being the same; you may even increase your survivability as something like AP spec because dead enemies can't DPS. Sorry, but the Shield Tech's dmg output is doo-doo in comparison, and the list of things that you cannot shield or mitigate with armor as a Shield Tech is about 4 times longer than the things you CAN.

Do yourself a favor, drop the Shield Tech, pick up a DPS spec...go NORS, or Opf, Maybe straight Pyro. Anyway you slice it, you do less damage with that Shield Spec.

Edited by Ossos

at one time, jediduckling has called for a nerf of every single ac. every time JD brings out grandiose examples of how x class is OP, killing them in 3 seconds taking half their health in 1 shot. it's pathetic. frankly i believe JD to be a terrible player, with crap gear. it's the only way all other classes could totally own JD all the time.

jediduckling, you are the image of hysteria. shieldtechs have crap damage, i've played one from beta to live, over a year of playing time leveling shieldtech to 50 over 6 times in that period. our job is to taunt as many people as possible and guard healers or ball carriers. our damage reflects that. videos or the ownage you recieved didn't happen. :)

I actually think class balance is pretty good right now. I thought pre 1.2 it was good as well.

Gear and group disparity is where the largest issues occur. Communication is so key in this game no premade in vent, teamspeak or mumble should lose to pugs.

at one time, jediduckling has called for a nerf of every single ac. every time JD brings out grandiose examples of how x class is OP, killing them in 3 seconds taking half their health in 1 shot. it's pathetic. frankly i believe JD to be a terrible player, with crap gear. it's the only way all other classes could totally own JD all the time.

jediduckling, you are the image of hysteria. shieldtechs have crap damage, i've played one from beta to live, over a year of playing time leveling shieldtech to 50 over 6 times in that period. our job is to taunt as many people as possible and guard healers or ball carriers. our damage reflects that. videos or the ownage you recieved didn't happen. :)

Yeah, all the good players have gone, and we are left with jedidumplings.

He/she/it should probably be banned for so many misinformation threads which have little to no basis in reality.

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but you are full of ****. Rail shot does not crit for 9700 on anyone and that is without 1200 expertise. l2p and l2math, your bad and better players are handing you, your *** in a plastic sack. You are completely blowing things out of proportion because the rock to your scissors you keep running into, knows what they are doing.

depends if they crit.

when rail shot crits i lose half my hp in 1 go and i have 19400 hp and 1200 expertise

I use a shield Pt, My combo is simple:

Exp dart > Stun dart > Rail > Jet > Rocketpunch > Flame burst / rense / repeat with misc skills in the mix while GCD's are going.

Its simple not flashy and gets the job done.

Does it kill people in 3-6 seconds? Hell no. But yea they feel it and if left to my devices, 2-4 rotations and they die, but then if I'm being left to my devices, they suck as a player and deserve the ownage.

Every MMO is the same, I see the same complaints. :|

To beat the 'unbeatable' ones in PvP, learn how to survive their main burst combo. If you can't do that with skill alone, get better gear + skill. If you live through that initial burst, the majority of your players will fall-off, skill-wise, and it's an easy walk to the throne from there.

the damage is the issue as powertech/vanguard have the highest burst damage in the game right now and its also overpowerd.

the issue is they need to be nerfed.

You really think PTs or much less Vanguards have the highest burst in the game right now lol? Obviously you've never been at the business end of a Sith Assassins saber staff. They have survivability absolutely i'll give you that but they damn sure can't burst like the pure dps classes. Have you ever fought an entrenched gunslinger...game over if all their short cds are up.

powertechs/vanguards have got to be nerfed urgently

they are either full dps killing war hero geared players in 3 to 6 seconds depending how geared they are.

or

tank specced in dps gear which is basicly someone with the defense of a tank and the damage of a pure dps class.

something has got to be done because they cant stay how they are right now they are just far to powerfull to be kept like this.

ive noticed alot of people rerrolling to either vanguard/powertech because of it and its just rediculous.

Let's analyse this....

Firstly I have a PTech Shield hybrid that I play mostly pvp (still sub 50 PVP) on. I use gear with an equal amount of Aim and Endurance, with Power a close third then Shield + defence stats as fourth and fifth. I am well geared and worked hard for the gear I use. Effort = Reward

Powertechs specced as PVP tank have a means of guarding other players effectively and also a very effective skill - Grapple - for use in peeling off attackers from other team mates. Grapple and Jet charge are excellent tools in Huttball for dealing with ball carriers but are no different to the stun lock combos that other players dish out. In that respect, just because the Powertech skills are different does not mean that they are OP.

Shield Specced Powertechs can absorb a large amount of damage but are not at all invulnerable. DPS capability is a compromise between survivability and damage output: either you die more quickly or take longer to kill an opponent. DPS specced Shield Hybrids take the latter route and their damage is no greater than any other class although it may seem so. Take a look at the end of a WZ result sheet...... Although I regularly top the chart i.e. via medals, most of those are gained from shielding or guarding objectives...... a tank's main role. There are occasions when I have had the most kills and even the most amount of damage but they are very situational and are very much dependent upon the other team not understanding other classes.

I think the original poster is probably one of these player to be honest,

I write this not from an expert point of view, merely from someone that has quite a lot of experience in playing the different advanced classes in this game (lvl 50 pvp sawbones, lvl 50 Gunnery Commando, lvl 50 Shadow DPS) and now this lvl 45 Powertech shield hybrid.

I still die regularly in pvp and yes in some 1 v 1 fights I can deal with the opponents quite quickly, in others it really is attritional and down to speed of reaction and knowing your class. I am most effective when jet charging into an opponent at around 50% health and using railshot and rocket punch to hit with big crits.....

If opposing teams are to daft to notice when I'm lining up Death From Above then they tend to take a lot of damage very quickly too.

So getting back to the point...are PTechs OP? Not really, their burst damage may occasionally make it look like that but that is the nature of the class. If the original poster has an issue with this then perhaps they should do some research and find out how to deal with a Ptech effectively........

Only thing that needs a nerf is that gosh darn flame burst which totally obscures the screen for 2-3 seconds.

Sorry, but no other class gets a completely screen-obscuring weapon, so that's OP. How can I see anyone capping a node when all I see are flames?

seriously ..... ? LOL !

i think u are referring to immolate (AP tree) since that is some

seriously huge fireanimation.

to the topic of PT being OP:

they follow a simple risk vs reward system. as a pyro PT you either

win or you die. (yeah i watched too much game of thrones <.<)

you have zero escape abilities except for stunning and hoping

not to get chased down. and you have to be dancing in 4-10m range

to be at your most potential.

that is why they were given that huge burst. there is no force camo'ing

out of OH **** situations. no interceding back to your team. no force

speeding away from there. no cherry picking fights to your liking (except

when grappling peeps but then you likely have to also use your stun to

keep your target there).

i think u are referring to immolate (AP tree) since that is some

seriously huge fireanimation.

to the topic of PT being OP:

they follow a simple risk vs reward system. as a pyro PT you either

win or you die. (yeah i watched too much game of thrones <.<)

you have zero escape abilities except for stunning and hoping

not to get chased down. and you have to be dancing in 4-10m range

to be at your most potential.

that is why they were given that huge burst. there is no force camo'ing

out of OH **** situations. no interceding back to your team. no force

speeding away from there. no cherry picking fights to your liking (except

when grappling peeps but then you likely have to also use your stun to

keep your target there).

Exactly, if they nerfed out burst they would have to give us not one more but a few more defensive or oh Sh%T cooldowns

On my operative i can 1v1 the best powertech on our server depending on who makes the bigger mistake - trick for me is catching the rail shot animation with evasion..

the only thing that i've ever found weird about the DPS powertech build is that railshot has 90% armor penetration.... yet my operatives 50% armor penetration was bad :p..

On my operative i can 1v1 the best powertech on our server depending on who makes the bigger mistake - trick for me is catching the rail shot animation with evasion..

the only thing that i've ever found weird about the DPS powertech build is that railshot has 90% armor penetration.... yet my operatives 50% armor penetration was bad :p..

Your 50% was on 2 attacks or every attack?

and rail shot doesnt have 90% arm pen, it has 60% if speced.

Edited by Oscibi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.