2V-R8 - Can he use weapons?

TeaLPrime

He's a pretty crappy healer. He watched me go all the way down to 20% before he decided to throw a tiny hot on me. In the meantime, he thought it would be a good idea to punch folk in the face - funny, but ultimately usless.

He's now back in the ship cleaning the toilets..

I wondered what he was good for ! ... kinda like milking accoutrements on a boar hog !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a rep.

1. When you first met the bot and he tells you about your ship, he states that he has no combat abilities and not suited for combat. He does have limited healing abilities. When he runs out of heals or if you don't need a heal, he punches your target.

2. Default character sheet.

3. Upgrading his components makes him a slightly better heal bot.

Quinn also says he prefers to just be a pilot. And the other chick was just a slave so whats your point? I use him because I do sick damage and he can Keep me up , quin cant keep up with the heals and with the type of pulls and aoe I do I need somebody with nice heals.

my only complaint is why put in a companion that you truly aren't suppose to be playing with. I have mine geared out but no weapon, and he does great,

BIGGEST COMPLAINT , he says something after Every single mob pulled and killed. has litterally caused me to turn off the game.

my only complaint is why put in a companion that you truly aren't suppose to be playing with. I have mine geared out but no weapon, and he does great,

BIGGEST COMPLAINT , he says something after Every single mob pulled and killed. has litterally caused me to turn off the game.

Because the ship droid was meant to be an exclusive crew skill companion and nothing else. This is why you can't equip him with a weapon anymore (you could in beta) and why he constantly says an annoying line over and over again. It wouldn't surprise me if they nerf 2V-R8 even further to stop people from taking him out with you.

its bulcrap .... u can give him armor but not a ranged weapon come on ... i dont care what he was meant for make him a real companion **** is dumb .... what the hell is the point of having him in your crew then ? the joke is on u bioware Edited by Meluna

its bulcrap .... u can give him armor but not a ranged weapon come on ... i dont care what he was meant for make him a real companion **** is dumb .... what the hell is the point of having him in your crew then ? the joke is on u bioware

Calm the rage. You get plenty of real companions you don't need him.

Edited by Meluna

Because the ship droid was meant to be an exclusive crew skill companion and nothing else. This is why you can't equip him with a weapon anymore (you could in beta) and why he constantly says an annoying line over and over again. It wouldn't surprise me if they nerf 2V-R8 even further to stop people from taking him out with you.

probably some merit here ... IMHO if that is the case he should not take up a "companion slot". Those slots should be reserved for ones we can acutally use.

probably some merit here ... IMHO if that is the case he should not take up a "companion slot". Those slots should be reserved for ones we can acutally use.

You get plenty of companions you can actually use. He's not taking up anything. He's actually quite beneficial especially for classes like Sith Inquisitor where you don't get a second really usable companion until close to the end of Tattoine. So if we take suggestions like this and get rid of him then SI's can either send Khem on missions and crafting and not do any quests, or quest without him, or they can send the droid and use Khem, or use the droid and send Khem.

Only Use it have for me is for Crew Skills

get "Diplomacy" Skills and send him to gain "Dark/Light Side" XP during your quests/missions/walking around

remember it will fail if you fly around or travel fast etc , this droid is one of the most useless thing we got in game , it can't even heal fast or good , so ONLY use is send him after XP :D

please let me know if you are agree with me or not :)

And yet every single cut scene shows him with his beta blaster. Same with Ceetoo.

I just have one complain: I HATE empty slots.

I dont care what to put in them, but just something! Even a social based item like a broom or duster would do. ;)

Anyone else got the bug with one of his implant slots being for "parts" too? Think I got an implant and a parts item in the same slot now...

You also should be able to slice him and simply reprogg him to a higher affection, eventually. Especially if you r Sith and dont care about any droid-rights-n-ethics movments. 8)

I'd like to see a rep respond to this.

1. Why can he not use weapons?

2. Why does he have a mainhand ranged slot?

3. If he can benefit from stats, even though he is not a 'fighter' he should still be able to equip it.

Why would a rep waste time responding to thse pointless questions?

1-The ROBOT ITSELF ergo BW states in the FIRST CONVERSATION you have with him that he is not a combat model, he is not designed for combat and he is not useful in combat. Following this very basic logic we can thereby assume that he would not be programmed with combat subroutines and ergo not have any weapon profficiency.

2-Because to not have a slot would mean designing a whole other Char UI layout JUST for him. A pointless waste of time and energy.

3-No because if he could equip it you would just complain that he should be able to use it, which would counter the point made in Answer 1. He is also NOT a main-stream companion! He is used as a skils-monkey and for those classes that cannot heal but don't get a healer companion until much later in their storyline if necessary.

Because the ship droid was meant to be an exclusive crew skill companion and nothing else.

However since it has no affection score it is a subpar crew skill companion.

I'd pay real money for something to shut it up. I am sick of hearing about my respiratory health and diet.

Calm the rage. You get plenty of real companions you don't need him.

its not quite a matter of need

its this: you can send out 5 companions

optimal is 5 companions with good affection

he gains no affection, making him the worst to send on missions

what we want is 6 at least usable companions, 5 for missions and 1 for adventuring

as it is we have 5 companions and an annoying near useless droid who fails at missions and barely functions in adventuring

its not quite a matter of need

its this: you can send out 5 companions

optimal is 5 companions with good affection

he gains no affection, making him the worst to send on missions

what we want is 6 at least usable companions, 5 for missions and 1 for adventuring

as it is we have 5 companions and an annoying near useless droid who fails at missions and barely functions in adventuring

You can want all you want but it's not going to happen. Doing so would require rewritting the whole story. As it is he works fine. He fails some missions but he succeeds on some too. He works fine for me. Just be selective on what you send him on, don't send him on Orange missions for example.

What I don't get is this, if his only use is crew skilling (ignoring the healing because his constant chatter negates the usefulness) why is it that he sucks at it and cannot get any better nor has any inate skills of his own. So whats the point, yeah its nice having someone to keep my toilet nice and clean, and after long nights in the cantina he certainly has his work cut out for him when the rest of my crew gets back; but it is still rather annoying that he sucks at the only thing you can really do with him and there's nothing you can do about it.

Honestly ... it can't be that hard to understand.

Right the moment you get him as a "companion" he "is" somewhat useful. May it be as your first companion with healing abilities or may it be as your first crew member to be sent out on missions.

But he is not meant to be used during your whole story phase since there are a lot of companion stories and quests to discover wich you might miss if you stick to that damn droid. Therefor he is annoying and less usefull than the rest just for the reason to encourage you to have a closer look at your "real companions".

Who know's maybe he will get his own story and his own questline during a content-update in the future, maybe not. Perhaps he will even become more useful than.

If you have a look on the KotoR series there used to be a killer-droid in your crew and you had the chance to buy him a pacifist upgrade to turn him into the opposite of what he was actually designed for. This is the Bioware style of humor and who knows ... perhaps you will get a chance to buy something like a killer-upgrade for 2V-R8 in the future.

But by now, he is nothing more or less than a small assistance for you in order to fill up the time till you get the next usefull companion with his own story and his own quests to discover.

• 2 weeks later...

But can't they make him more usefull, I sent him on missions for things like Underground trading etc. but he always come back with less items than Mako.

Since you don't get an 2nd companion after the first that fast it would be nice if you can at least make it gain affection points and they should add some crew skill bonus on him.

Or just delete him out of the game cuz now he's just (almost)useless and annoys me when I come into my ship and hear his annoying voice.

Edited by Teremai

I like that the crew droid does not have any bonuses, that way I have a base time to compare to so I know when my other companions get to the next tier of affection.

If [ship droid] got affection, I would not be able to see how much faster everyone else is. It is like having a control group when you are experimenting.

As a Sniper, he's the only healing companion until quite a bit later in the game, and with some blue upgrades (made by a Cybertech alt) he's not a half-bad healer either. As for crew skills, he actually crits quite often when I send him Slicing.

He's a C3P0! Any of you ever watch the moive Star Wars?

ROFL @ anyone complaining about this awesome robot slave who is in effect a C3P0.

The only thing he is missing is translating other languages (of which we dont need to do in this game as you can /say anything to the opposite faction.

That being said, be glad bio gave you this wonderful parity from Star Wars. I certainly am.

I think we should concentrate on asking bioware to offer up better in game support rather than worry about something so tivial that is basically a free 5th worker bee.

SPOILER ALERT***********************IF YOU HAVENT SEEN STAR WARS--LOL!!

=============================================

C3P0 never EVER does ANY fighting at all, in fact all he does is run away and whine like a bioyotch.

The Devs responded to this topic a few days back in another thread.

See the quote below to see what they said.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you in response to your complaint about our product, the C2-N2 droid. We regret that you are experiencing difficulties with this award winning, state of the art household droid.

Sadly, we have to inform you, that the C2-N2 droid, and its Imperial counterpart, the 2V-R8 autonomous ship maintenance unit, are not rated for combat at this time.

Several regrettable incidents, including the loss of a full squad of SIS operatives (apparently triggered by a malfunctioning speech unit voicing its congratulations to the undercover team during a deep cover infiltration mission), have lead the Republic Technical Support Corps to revoke the combat certification from these units and forced us to replace the 'advanced weapon and martial training ROM' from the programming of the unit.

These facts have been clearly disclosed to customers at time of sale, as well as in the programmatic introductory conversation program voiced upon owner transfer.

For this reason, we cannot take responsibility for your problems.

We are however pleased to announce that future updates to the unit's artificial intelligence core will dramatically increase the efficiency of it's emergency medical protocol features - and add some other, more questionable features.

The C2 Droid Corporation is also pleased to announce that we have started investigations into a new line of droid casings and cores, aimed at improving the efficiency of the unit's assembly and construction features. No official release date for this line of top end equipment has been determined at this point.

We thank you for your interest in our product.

The Management

C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel!

Why would a rep waste time responding to thse pointless questions?

1-The ROBOT ITSELF ergo BW states in the FIRST CONVERSATION you have with him that he is not a combat model, he is not designed for combat and he is not useful in combat. Following this very basic logic we can thereby assume that he would not be programmed with combat subroutines and ergo not have any weapon profficiency.

2-Because to not have a slot would mean designing a whole other Char UI layout JUST for him. A pointless waste of time and energy.

3-No because if he could equip it you would just complain that he should be able to use it, which would counter the point made in Answer 1. He is also NOT a main-stream companion! He is used as a skills-monkey and for those classes that cannot heal but don't get a healer companion until much later in their storyline if necessary.

1. He is a droid: he can be reprogrammed with combat subroutines. Furthermore he does have some combat subroutines already as he enters melee combat and attacks enemy mobs. Therefore, it is a logical conclusion that he could, potentially, be upgraded with ranged combat sub-routines.

2. Irrelevant.

3. Refer to point 1.

You can want all you want but it's not going to happen. Doing so would require rewritting the whole story. As it is he works fine. He fails some missions but he succeeds on some too. He works fine for me. Just be selective on what you send him on, don't send him on Orange missions for example.

How would it require re-writing the whole story when only a few lines say anything about combat?

Edited by terminova

1. He is a droid: he can be reprogrammed with combat subroutines. Furthermore he does have some combat subroutines already as he enters melee combat and attacks enemy mobs. Therefore, it is a logical conclusion that he could, potentially, be upgraded with ranged combat sub-routines.

2. Irrelevant.

3. Refer to point 1.

In early beta, the ship driod could use a blaster pistol.

Then Star Wars lore stepped in and they removed the ability to equip the ship driod with a weapon.

Star Wars lore = protocol driods can't use weapons.