Tera doesn't have BG's!! - TOR more of the same

ZeusThunder

I've heard nothing but bad news for GW2 as well.

thats why you dont look at official forums

but id rather hear someones opinion about gw2 on a non star wars the old republic webpage.so i can get a actual non biased opinion,and not "lulz this game is a wow clone,its just wow with dodge".cuz alot of people ive talked to that has played the beta has said the game is really good

which is saying something when a games beta is good

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really good point. I wonder if experienced MMO players will start to wait 2 years or so before subscribing to a new MMO, which would then force developers to launch more content at release, which would require much more of an initial investment in something that isn't guaranteed to make money, resulting in less MMO's on the market?

What absolute drivel are you spouting now? Just the fact that, according to you, the post you linked constitutes a 'good point' is within itself indicative of how duh-brained you are.

First we get: 'What's the point of all this QQ because there is QQ everywhere. Don't worry SWTOR is saved by the ineptitude of another, totally non-related game'

Now we get (in true Shakespearean style): 'To release unfinished or to release complete? Now that is the question'.

Content.... get bent. There is ZERO content when there is no populous to play with. There is ZERO content when mechanics (both PvP and PvE) are broken.

There are fundamental flaws in this game like there are your posts.

Edited by Kaputz

That's a really good point. I wonder if experienced MMO players will start to wait 2 years or so before subscribing to a new MMO, which would then force developers to launch more content at release, which would require much more of an initial investment in something that isn't guaranteed to make money, resulting in less MMO's on the market?

The guy you quoted is right. And I know a number of ppl i played EveOnline with that never pre-order or play a new MMO until six months to a year after its release.

games can change a lot in a year.

The guy you quoted is right. And I know a number of ppl i played EveOnline with that never pre-order or play a new MMO until six months to a year after its release.

games can change a lot in a year.

i dont really see much in terms of change with sw tor though

maybe driving the pvp playerbase away.i wonder what the guy is doing nowadays that claimed swtor was going to have the best pvp team.i bet hes to busy with his face in his palm

Edited by CrunkShizzle

His post wasn't for Bioware, it was for you. It's called sarcasm. He's essentially pointing out that you're encouraging people not to post criticism that Bioware can act on because you're attempting to argue that complaints are illegitimate because they show up on every game forum. This does constitute a valid criticism of you.

Validified by someone that, unlike others, can read. And write posts that make sense.

ToR doesn't have battlegrounds either, unless your idea of massive PvP is 8v8. One thing woW had going for it, before BG's, was world PvP. Players had to travel and interact with the opposite faction. This game has no world PvP and 0 opposing faction interaction at this point. You can't expect PvP'rs to not get bored and complain when all they have is 4 instanced 8v8 PvP maps, plain and simple.

They need to reevaluate their direction with this game. The ToRtanic has hit an iceberg, and yet they pretend it isn't sinking.

ToR doesn't have battlegrounds either, unless your idea of massive PvP is 8v8. One thing woW had going for it, before BG's, was world PvP. Players had to travel and interact with the opposite faction. This game has no world PvP and 0 opposing faction interaction at this point. You can't expect PvP'rs to not get bored and complain when all they have is 4 instanced 8v8 PvP maps, plain and simple.

They need to reevaluate their direction with this game. The ToRtanic has hit an iceberg, and yet they pretend it isn't sinking.

I hear you. I can understand frustration at the limitations that the PvP in this game offers. BUT... when it's compounded by the fact that you can't even SEE the darn PvP (however crappy is an entirely opinion based argument) because your server is DEAD has got to make you either laugh or weep.

Edited by Kaputz

Sorry to burst your bubble but TOR has 4 WZs/BGs.

I enjoy them more than world PvP.

The only problem i have with this game is the bugs in the game.. call me a "cheap date" but bioware will release content for this game when it is ready, due to all the crybabies on these forums complaining all the time that BW doesnt test thier patches or whatever..

Just be patient thigs will come, how long did it take wow to implement the features that they have currently , i heard alot of bad things about vanilla wow, but haters will be haters, and the new generation of gamers now a days are little spoiled brats that want everything NOW ...

its really sad to be honest.. i like pvp as it is now because i enjoy competitive gaming.. granterd i have mostly recruit gear , and i am somewhat squishy, but that doesnt mean i am going to come to these forums and insert tampon, and complain why bioware isnt providing me this , and that right now... i really dont care.. when its ready , its ready.

This. The amount of crybabies on this forum is staggering. MMOs change a great deal over their lifespan. Class will be buffed/nerfed many many times. Content will be changed/adjusted as time goes by. Be a little patient, change will come. You'll be fine, the sky is not falling.

If you really cannot wait, I think perhaps MMOs are not for you. Wouldn't you rather spend your time doing something you enjoy?

I hear you. I can understand frustration at the limitations that the PvP in this game offers. BUT... when it's compounded by the fact that you can't even SEE the darn PvP (however crappy is an entirely opinion based argument) because your server is DEAD has got to make you either laugh or weep.

Yes, toss that into the salad too. Dead servers, and no way off them unless you reroll. I rerolled and made it to level 22 before giving up lol.

My main gripe though is their complete and utter lack of a vision regarding the whole Empire vs Republic war that you hear all about while leveling. They failed to grasp the simple concept of opposing player interaction IS NEEDED in order to make this 'War' happen. 8v8 certainly isn't a 'War' IMO.

All the while they act as if the sun is shining, not a cloud in sight.......

They tried to copy/paste a business model of a grind-a-thon game. A game that happened to hit the market at the right time, peaked an all time sub rate, and is now a dying breed to all but the hardiest of grind-a-thon Asian MMO lovers.

I'm not sure when you played WoW but I've played since release and still do from time to time. I have 11 85s and PvP on all of them(7 Alliance 4 Horde) since Xserve BGs were implemented I can't remember waiting more than 5 min and usually 2-3 min or less even during off hours.

There are things I like and dislike about both games but long queue time in WoW is not on that list.

Even in Cata during off hours, I would run into 20+ minute que times. Rarely, but it would happen. Before cross server ques I would sometimes be waiting for hours.

Sorry to burst your bubble but TOR has 4 WZs/BGs.

I enjoy them more than world PvP.

In your opinion you enjoy the 4 maps, congrats? Judging by the dying servers I would say you are a minority.

And those 8v8 WZ's are even close to the scale of WoW's BG's????

8v8...

MMO...... Empire vs Republic

8v8

EPIC PVP.

From where, the Swtor forums? Cause I'm on the beta forums right now and it's actually refreshing. A player makes a suggestion, a dev responds, and people discuss things in a civilized manner.

Oh, and the game is absolutely amazing.

His post wasn't for Bioware, it was for you. It's called sarcasm. He's essentially pointing out that you're encouraging people not to post criticism that Bioware can act on because you're attempting to argue that complaints are illegitimate because they show up on every game forum. This does constitute a valid criticism of you.

They have a word for a post like this.

Winner.

/thread

And by the way I'm not trying to ruin the game for anybody but it is terrible....

This game can not handle large pvp fights. Ilum was a slideshow. The last night of the Rakghoul Plague at the Jawa vendor on TAtooine was a slideshow. Once you get more than maybe 50 players in one spot, the game engine craps out.

That's unfortunately a feature, not a bug, of roller-coaster type MMO's when compared to sandbox.

This game can not handle large pvp fights. Ilum was a slideshow. The last night of the Rakghoul Plague at the Jawa vendor on TAtooine was a slideshow. Once you get more than maybe 50 players in one spot, the game engine craps out.

i never expieranced slideshows when i killed people during the rakghoul event in tatooine

maybe your computer is just bad

they probably never will to be honest

but meh,i guess in the sense of pvp.i always have guild wars 2 to satisfy my craving for good pvp

Then you've been living under a rock and/or googling 'GW2 iz BAD' videos, because I have a hard time finding anything bad being said about GW2 until I come to this forum and all the carebears are desperately bashing it.

Edited by Theology

i never expieranced slideshows when i killed people during the rakghoul event in tatooine

maybe your computer is just bad

I'm not talking about the entire event. I thought that I made that clear. If not, then I apologize. The last night, enemies were camping out the jawa vendor (at least on my server). There ended up being lots of players there of both factions... the most combined number in one spot that I have seen since the Ilum fiasco.

he used the term tortanic

dont feed the trolls imo

ToRtanic, Tortanic, ToRtanic!!!

Seems to fit the description of this game IMO. MMORPG did a write up on ToR and nailed it. Not really trolling is it? :D

As for GW2, yup, done. Purchased the pre-order along with 3/4 of my guild.

I will check back in ToR in 6 months to see if it is still breathing.

Where are the dying servers? I've actually noticed over 1/2 of the servers are at least standard monday thru thursday and 3/4's are standard on Friday and Saturday evening. Login screen doesn't lie bro.

Also played the GW2 Beta, it's a Niche game, and will do no better than Eve Online. But grats on that wasted money. You'll have even more of a "Dead Server" problem there than you are here.

Edited by Valhalyn

Your server is dead? You should tell customer service that no one is able to log on to the server due to it dying so that they can get this fixed. I don't know when servers became sentient beings that many would consider to be "alive"; This is a monumental achievement by Bioware!