The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

This should've been taken care of way before 1.2 update. What's the point of a new OP, new WZ, new flashpoint, new dailies if we still can't play with other people.

It's only going to get worse from this point with D3 coming out. People who are frustrated with their low pops will leave the game well before server transfer are available, shrinking the population even more.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should've been taken care of way before 1.2 update. What's the point of a new OP, new WZ, new flashpoint, new dailies if we still can't play with other people.

It's only going to get worse from this point with D3 coming out. People who are frustrated with their low pops will leave the game well before server transfer are available, shrinking the population even more.

As I said before, when trasnfers come out, there will be noone to trasnfer, because everyone gonna be long gone.

We could have transfers today if it wasn't for the problems with the legacy system being bound to the server.

yep, it should have been bind to account...guess there aren't many thinkers over there in Austin

We could have transfers today if it wasn't for the problems with the legacy system being bound to the server.

I will rename my Legacy POOP if I have to, I don't care, I just wanna play with people. It seems like such a small problem to me, compared to the actual problem of empty servers.

I think we need something to be done about server populations. The longer the quieter servers stay quiet, the more likely those people on those servers quit. I'm on ICE Breaker and it's getting quieter and quieter. Many people are start characters on Fatman just because they don't know what else to do. This week has been especially bad. People are logging in less and less.

Close some servers, give people free transfers to some of the lighter servers where accounts are being actively played and see where things are then. I'd stop people being able to create characters on the busiest servers for a while. I appreciate that some people will be locked out from playing with friends but perhaps then whole groups might be encouraged to move to lighter servers. Especially if they get free transfers.

Edited by eldelphia

Nope. June-August. Look it up.

The Western definition based on solstice to equinox is more frequently used where a temperature lag of up to half a season is common.[5] In North America, summer is often the period from the summer solstice (usually June 20 or 21 in the Northern Hemisphere) to the autumn equinox.[6][7][8][9] Unofficially, the U.S. summer season is commonly regarded as beginning on Memorial Day weekend (the last weekend in May) and ending on Labor Day weekend (the first weekend in September), more closely in line with the meteorological definition.

^^^ so Bioware can choose whichever definition they want, neither are fast enough. They have had 5 months and it has been 2 months at least since the major drop in pops.

Edited by sharkfinsix

While it seems more LIKELY that transfers will be from high pop -> low pop, nothing has been concretely stated yet. I mean, if you're already on a high pop server and enjoy it, what incentive is there to move? That's the way Blizzard does things, though.

What if they targeted one server as a 'receiver' server, and then offered free transfers TO THAT SERVER to all the other low-pop servers that fell below a certain population threshold? It's like a server merge, except that people have the OPTION to stay on their server if they so choose, plus, no one has to leave their high-population server, guildmates, and friends.

It seems like it'd be a win-win situation to me.

From the Q&A

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

So it's pretty obvious transfers will only be free from high population servers towards low-dead ones. If you want to move from low population to high you will have to pay for sure.

From the Q&A

So it's pretty obvious transfers will only be free from high population servers towards low-dead ones. If you want to move from low population to high you will have to pay for sure.

Lol Not True ^

Just cuz they are mentioning free + paid xfers doesn't mean they are going to do it the way you think they will.

They will more likely allow free transfers for players on Low Pop servers to transfer to a set of standard servers BW will decide upon.

For players who want to xfer to a high pop server like Fatman or Swiftsure though, you will likely have to pay.

14 people on fleet right now, 2:30 EST. This Friday has potential to be the slowed Friday every on Ven Zallow, if torstatus trends is any indication.

I hope you realize that population on Imperial or Republic fleet has little bearing on how active/populated a server is or is not.

A better way to find out how many people are on or not is through the "Who" search function.

Type /who 50 to get a list of all 50s online up to 100 entries. If there are more than 100 50s, thats pretty good.

Type /who 10-49 to see how many new players/alts are leveling to 50.

Playing with the search entries + a calculator are far better at determining how active your server is than being another sheep who baaas "my fleet has low x # of players on it! proof our server is not active!"

Just sayin.

I hope you realize that population on Imperial or Republic fleet has little bearing on how active/populated a server is or is not.

A better way to find out how many people are on or not is through the "Who" search function.

Type /who 50 to get a list of all 50s online up to 100 entries. If there are more than 100 50s, thats pretty good.

Playing with the search entries + a calculator are far better at determining how active your server is than being another sheep who baaas "my fleet has low x # of players on it! proof our server is not active!"

Just sayin.

Did you really just say that if you have 100 50s on your server it is doing well? Wow....

Edited by Patched

Just sayin.

There's to many servers where a calculator isn't needed.

Just sayin.

I did what you mentioned, looked for 50's: 37 level 50's are logged in at 2:45 PM EST.

I did what you mentioned, looked for 50's: 37 level 50's are logged in at 2:45 PM EST.

Never was tryin to tout your server was populated.

Are you on an East Coast or West Coast server? Europe or APAC?

I am assuming ur on EST coast PVP/PVE server, and if that's the case. It's 2:45 PM man. lol. Some people are chatting via work, like me. Or still at school even...

If your server from 6PM-12AM see's under 100 50s and under 100 10-49s online at the same time, then yea thats ****. It's like Kinrath Spider (server I am on). We probably will qualify for the free xfers whenever that comes along though.

Just sayin.

I did what you said 12 on Imp Side.

Assassins of Sion - PvE server

Edited by Rutrict

Never was tryin to tout your server was populated.

Are you on an East Coast or West Coast server? Europe or APAC?

I am assuming ur on EST coast PVP/PVE server, and if that's the case. It's 2:45 PM man. lol. Some people are chatting via work, like me. Or still at school even...

If your server from 6PM-12AM see's under 100 50s and under 100 10-49s online at the same time, then yea thats ****. It's like Kinrath Spider (server I am on). We probably will qualify for the free xfers whenever that comes along though.

I have a really bad feeling that my server wont be on that free transfer list. I think Ven Zallow is now number 48 out of 123 North American servers. I suspect that I will be stuck paying to get off it.