My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the release of D3 is another thing dev is waiting. After the release some Swtor players "may" leave the game for D3 which will result in even more diminishing population in some servers.

Its going to make the problem worse. I am going to run another census this weekend to see how many people left for the new title.

About half my guild is going to jump to diablo III in the meantime while swtor is fixed.

I want to start grinding up another 50.. but I dont want it to feel like a waste of time either. Like sure, I could roll an alt on fatman, but when transfers open up, what if it gets filled too quick for me to move my other toons to it???

I'm just gonna hang out where I am and not start building another char until the transfer/merge thing starts occuring to see what my options are... just wish it would happen soon. Hate paying for something I struggle playing...

Its going to make the problem worse. I am going to run another census this weekend to see how many people left for the new title.

About half my guild is going to jump to diablo III in the meantime while swtor is fixed.

I know a few who are waiting for D3 which is a shame because Inaction has lead to them losing more people. :( I know had they acted sooner that some of the people on my server probably wouldn't be considering the alternatives.

It doesn't take long to to get too 50 however after 50 your screen explodes with lots of dailies to do, after a few weeks of that you're bored and back to doing nothing, while waiting for a random Que to pop after 45 mins or longer.

I know I will not be here much longer my sub runs out in June after that I dunno if I will return, I was so, so happy when my wife surprised me with the game for valentines day, now I just feel kinda bleh about the game.

List of game that might cause trouble for SWTOR:

Tera Online - May 1, 2012

Diablo 3 - May 15, 2012

The Secret World - June 19, 2012

Guild Wars 2 - June 26, 2012

Transformers Universe - July 2012

Huxley: The Dystopia - July 2012

Hey. I just unsubbed. I'm gutted at having to do that as well. But my server "Dune Bantha" has really died.

Numbers logged in this weekend plumbed new depths with14-19 players on Fleet @ Primetime. There's no way I'm re-rolling. I have 3 x 50's and Legacy 30-something-or-other.

Something I've not seen in this thread so far is regarding the PvP warzone gear grind. If no matches pop from the queue on my server, how do I and my guildies get gear for when cross-server "Ranked Warzones" arrive? :rolleyes:

We are just gonna get steamrolled all over again, this time by the guys from the populated servers who were able to play and hence will be in augmented WH gear.

I'm 5/5 EV 5/5 KP and 4/4 EC HM's. I've pretty much seen it all.

I'll be back though. I loved this game, but I'm not paying a bean more until the population and PvP Wz queue issues are fixed.

I'm sure those of you on the well populated servers are having a ball. For those of us stuck in the outlands, it's dead.

Take care and MTFBWY all.

Edited by AmblinAlong

We really need it now yes, my server is empty and the que for pvp is about 2 hours.... 40 imperials on the server and 20 rebublics.... how can anyone say it's fun to play on a server thats empty and dead?

Can't even understand why some people defend bioware and say that we don't need server transfer/merege.... Why play and online MMO if you don't want other players? :S

It doesn't take long to to get too 50 however after 50 your screen explodes with lots of dailies to do, after a few weeks of that you're bored and back to doing nothing, while waiting for a random Que to pop after 45 mins or longer.

I know I will not be here much longer my sub runs out in June after that I dunno if I will return, I was so, so happy when my wife surprised me with the game for valentines day, now I just feel kinda bleh about the game.

Tera Online - May 1, 2012

Diablo 3 - May 15, 2012

The Secret World - June 19, 2012

Guild Wars 2 - June 26, 2012

Transformers Universe - July 2012

Huxley: The Dystopia - July 2012

Personally speaking, Im in Tera and the chat is full of people who left SWTOR.

All those games will undoubtedly draw people away - the question is just how many. I don't think its a stretch to say that out of the remaining 1.3 million a good 250k+ will leave for one or more of the above games.

As i posted in another thread.

The really sad thing is not dead servers, but developers in charge not talking to the community about it because

of arrogance and guess not caring. They never say anything and ignore the issue. Sure they have "plans"

Last time we heard that was during all the talk about imbalance on servers.They will not merge servers and

in the future as they said, players must pay to move, year right.Losing subs must be a hobvby at bioware i think.

And of courese with legacy not beeing accound wide(EPIC FAIL) the problem only gets bigger as players

dont want to re roll for nothing.

Bioware if you dont have the following up within the next week or two you can be sure your game will die to GW2, WoW, D3, and even Tera Online.

1.Server Mergers

2.1.3 Release date announced (and the release date has to be before June,25)

or

1.Cross server PvP,

2.Cross server GTM's (GTN)

3.Cross server Groups for raids (PvE)

4 Also 1.3 release date

"Its better to do something than to do nothing." Just get it done Bioware you have nothing to lose at this point because your already losing it. I want to keep playing i love SWTOR its my 1st MMORPG but i think the next few days ill take a break and be playing D3 and hoping that Bioware gets a word out on this ****.

Tera Online - May 1, 2012 *** NO

Diablo 3 - May 15, 2012 *** YES, in teh short to medium term

The Secret World - June 19, 2012 *** NO

Guild Wars 2 - June 26, 2012 *** Very Much YES

Transformers Universe - July 2012 *** lol, NO

Huxley: The Dystopia - July 2012 *** What the???

updated your post above with reality checks.

You need a reality check. Any time any new MMO is released, others feel the pinch. Especially those who are already having problems to begin with.

Guild Wars will pull away some core PVPers but as long as we get transfers by then I think SWTOR will be just fine. Larry told me so.

You need a reality check. Any time any new MMO is released, others feel the pinch. Especially those who are already having problems to begin with.

Only MMORPGs that matter on a macro scale. Most of that list are bit players, and Diablo 3 doesn't even count in the category. Diablo 3's affect on SW:TOR will be 4-6 weeks, and mostly because of the awful state of server populations we all live in.

Guild Wars will pull away some core PVPers but as long as we get transfers by then I think SWTOR will be just fine. Larry told me so.

I'm sure it will survive, but acting like those games aren't going to take away some of the player base is just babytown frolics.

I'm in Tera. The number of ex players making fun of TOR is astronomical.

Edited by Frostvein

Well, sadly I'm just about done.

Wow, I cant believe I'm saying that. Things need to improve. My server is so slow that I cant play the content. People in my guild dont really log on anymore. PVP queues are 20-30 mins at prime time.

This weekend I went back to World of Tanks. Wow. Thats a sign of desperation going back to that title! :p

So, here we are, on the eve of Diablo III dropping. I've been waiting for D3 since 2002. Now that my SWTOR server is flat lined, the transition to D3 will be easy.

Just in DEC and JAN, I was saying to myself "naw, I think I'll be still into SWTOR when D3 drops." Well, I would be if i could play the content.

Merges? Yes please. Transfers? Wish I had those in FEB.

Wow, wow, wow. I thought SWTOR was going to be a juggernaut. Then over half the servers died, and BW said "hey we will fix it in 3 months. ('early summer')" ...ok?

I could only imagine this game if it wasn't Star Wars themed. Holy crap it would be bad.

Edited by -Dench

I'm sure it will survive, but acting like those games aren't going to take away some of the player base is just babytown frolics.

I'm in Tera. The number of ex players making fun of TOR is astronomical.

I stopped playing Tera. That lineage wannabe sucked.

So where does that leave us?

BW, why delay the transfers until early summer?

Summer in the Western Hemisphere: June 21 - September 22

"Early Summer" is up to one day shy of the mid point of this range. BW has until end of July to still be within the claim of "early summer".

Manage expectations accordingly. The wait could be a little more than 2 and a half months.

Edited by Urael