overpowered classes

Heith

aside from the obvious assassin / marauder answer, what class do you think provides the most punch? which class is the biggest game changer? outside these two, what do you think?

Of course I've never been hit by a republic player but having to heal against Sorcs and the big guys with the Mortars, I'd have to see that both those classes are very tough to heal against and if they gang up on me? I'm toast in seconds!

aside from the obvious assassin / marauder answer, what class do you think provides the most punch? which class is the biggest game changer? outside these two, what do you think?

The QQer class is by far the biggest game changer.. They whine and cry about OP classes until the nerf bat falls. Then they sit back and enjoy the nerf....that is until they see the next OP class around the corner. :eek:

Edited by thefishdude

The QQer class is by far the biggest game changer.. They whine and cry about OP classes until the nerf bat falls. Then they sit back and enjoy the nerf....that is until they see the next OP class around the corner. :eek:

baah haha i have a lvl 50 marauder and lvl 50 assassin and both are bm geared im not whining about them i know from experience that they are definitely overpowered though i wanna make a new alt thats overpowered but cant decide

Not OP but since the last patch I've noticed "good" snipers kicking a lot of ***.

ty sir im definitely thinking about maybe a gunslinger

Edited by Heith

• 1 month later...
Here is my list:

1) sheild spec vanguards in dps gear

2) assasin tanks in dps gear

3) marauders / jug

4) snipers

5) assault vanguards

6) everything else sucks so whatever

Really shield spec vanguards are number 1 on your list? Besides maybe a jug shield spec vanguards are about the weakest hitting spec in the game and they are already being nerfed into oblivion come patch 1.3.

I play a Gunslinger. Its AWESOME. You DESTROY Marauders. The only problem can be pyro pt's and marksmanship snipers.

You can lay down so much damage from so far away. By the time they figure out who is killing them they are dead.

And with the saboteur spec incindiary grenade, it lasts 18 sec and has 18 sec cooldown. Always keep it up on nodes and they can never cap. If I am alive and I am the defender, you will never cap the node.

AOE like crazy. flyby, incin grenade , thermal grenade, flashbang, etc.

So uh...yeah. I like my GS.

I believe that the balance has been maintained by Bioware pretty well, considering the diversity of classes. Unfortunately, Sith Warriors have a major advantage if they spec and gear right, along with Troopers.

Well, marauders are absurdly dangerous, but as of right now it is very difficult to be a juggernaut. about the only thing we have that makes one of our skill more dangerous is force grip, which is not much...

Really shield spec vanguards are number 1 on your list? Besides maybe a jug shield spec vanguards are about the weakest hitting spec in the game and they are already being nerfed into oblivion come patch 1.3.

Aren't they getting a "smart" AoE version of rail shot? But I do agree - tank specced PT's and VG's are pretty weak in lv. 50 pvp (even in dps gear). Tank juggs/guardians in dps gear fair much better (particularly 17/24/0 hybrids) than PT/VG tanks IMO (though it's not necessarily their damage output, more of the fact that they can stun-lock for teammates and isolate targets via charge/push/charge).

I think in general the classes are pretty balanced with a few exceptions that need some kind of quality of life improvements.

Tier 1 classes:

Tank Assasins

Mara

Pyrotechs

Snipers

Sages ( not realy sure about this one, maybe somebody can comment)

Operative healers

Juggernauts

Tier 2 classes

DD Commandos

DD operatives ( at least I have not seen them recently)

So from my perspective it does not look too bad!

Azandir

Edit: I am only speaking for PvP balance!

Edited by Azandir

Aren't they getting a "smart" AoE version of rail shot? But I do agree - tank specced PT's and VG's are pretty weak in lv. 50 pvp (even in dps gear). Tank juggs/guardians in dps gear fair much better (particularly 17/24/0 hybrids) than PT/VG tanks IMO (though it's not necessarily their damage output, more of the fact that they can stun-lock for teammates and isolate targets via charge/push/charge).

Yep its a AOE rail / hib shot thats supposed to slow. Great for PVE but pure crap for pvp considering we are getting our primary single target damage skill in stock strike and rocket punch nerfed. And this is a skill if maxed out hits for 2.5k not a huge amount at all. We are looking at sub 1k numbers now on noncrits maybe max 1.5 k for full crit on this skill after the nerf. So I guess from a DPS board look we will get a net increase of overall dps due to the AOE but will be gimped to a point of non factor due to the subpar damage we do single target. Pretty much makes peeling or putting pressure on a dps attacking your guard target pointless. We might as well be relegated to standing behind the posts by the door in void star and tossing out our taunts every min or so while being a damage sponge. Pretty pathitic really.

at this point tank assassins and shadows are just to much , the dmg they can take and the self healing they got and the dmg they can do are just to much at this point.

That will change as tanksins and shadows are getting their defensive bonus nerfed to 115% from 150%. The self healing took a big hit too. This was needed since day 1. No DPS "rogue" type class should be anything close to a tank. Hopefully, we will start seeing more diversity in the class via people speccing the other two trees. Right now it's tank spec or play gimped.