24 hours since game breaking class bug, still no fix.

Nektulos

Sniper cover is completely destroyed, it was confirmed to be a bug yesterday.

~Rockjaw - Stephen Reid ~ " In more #SWTOR related news, yep, we know about issues with cover. I'm a Smuggler, I really know. :) We'll work to fix."

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw

Randomly coming out of cover, can not take cover if you are moving, class is unplayable, you are pretty much a victim of everyone who knows about this.

This needs an emergency fix, immediately.

Support, bump, etc ...

I know there are probably under a 100 snipers in the game in total lmao but we kind of need the help of everyone, help us bump this & get attention.

Class breaking bugs need immediate fixes ... you could be next.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the problem? They know it's bugged and are working on a fix already. They do actually need time to test it (and make it), they can't just slap it on the live servers minutes after coding it or things could get a lot worse... Edited by NasherUK

Whats the problem? They know it's bugged and are working on a fix already. They do actually need time to test it, they can't just slap it on the live servers minutes after coding it...

There is nothing to test, they know how it is suppose to work, all they need to do is apply a patch.

Imagine you are unable to use your abilities unless you stop moving for 2 gcds, that is what is happening.

If you are moving getting into cover is impossible, you also randomly come out of cover, destroying your balistic shield or entrench.

They are aware of it and have stated that they will fix it.

What's the problem?

Sometimes **** happens and can take a while to fix, you should be glad they have at least stated they are aware of it.

From the replies already, it looks like it doesn't affect everyone or happens rarely, which will make it even harder to fix.

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you the latest information regarding this issue which is located on our Known In-Game Issue sticky by Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: May 1st, 2012

Classes and Combat

[*]When the Take Cover ability is activated while moving, players will not go into cover if Portable Cover is needed. (If green-outlined environmental indicator is available, activating the ability will roll players into cover as intended.)

Workaround: If players are not moving, Portable Cover works properly with a single activation of Take Cover. Furthermore, players who drop their Portable Cover while moving can activate the ability again to move into cover.

As stated above, this is on our high priority list. We hope this helps and we thank you for your patience!

What's the problem?

Sometimes **** happens and can take a while to fix, you should be glad they have at least stated they are aware of it.

From the replies already, it looks like it doesn't affect everyone or happens rarely, which will make it even harder to fix.

It happens every time you try to take cover while moving 100% of the time.

Sometimes in life, things are not easily fixed.

Maybe you'll realise this as you grow up and stop making such petty threads.

Guy ... whats with you, how is my class not working & me trying to bring some attention to it petty ?

There is nothing to test, they know how it is suppose to work, all they need to do is apply a patch.

Imagine you are unable to use your abilities unless you stop moving for 2 gcds, that is what is happening.

If you are moving getting into cover is impossible, you also randomly come out of cover, destroying your balistic shield or entrench.

Sorry but you with all respect are clueless. Sure it might seem like a simple fix in coding but where you are lost is that something in that coding could conflict with something else within the make up of a character class breaking something else.

Yea they do need to test it to make sure the "Fix' Doesn't break some thing else. They know its an issue, they are working on it. Coding isn't like using the microwave.

Edited by LordPhelan

Guy ... whats with you, how is my class not working & me trying to bring some attention to it petty ?

They have said THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. I don't understand why you think making a thread about it will make them fixing it move faster. They don't even need attention brought to it cause they already know about it (hence the "We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it"). It is annoying on my sniper as well but it is FAR from game-breaking ....

They have said THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. I don't understand why you think making a thread about it will make them fixing it move faster. They don't even need attention brought to it cause they already know about it (hence the "We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it"). It is annoying on my sniper as well but it is FAR from game-breaking ....

You cannot rationalize with someone in the fits of a nerd rage.

You know what the thread is about so by attacking him all you do is bump the thread and keep fanning the flames.

Given that they have said they are working on the problem, you win todays Fur Lined Bathtub for pathetic whining, let's give Nektulos a big round of applause!

What's the problem?

it was working 100% fine before the patch, i don't think it's supposed to take time to fix. unless they changed the whole coding behind cover

They were also working on:

- Sound issues since 1.2 (that is no longer being worked on according to known issues)

- rated warzones

- Performance increases

- The ability to use emotes from your vehicle (reportedly in the Jan 4th patch)

So please keep their failed track record in mind when telling people "they're working on it". Bioware can defend themselves by actually doing what they say they are.

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you the latest information regarding this issue which is located on our Known In-Game Issue sticky by Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

As stated above, this is on our high priority list. We hope this helps and we thank you for your patience!

Oh yeah sure it is... High priority.

Had this been a credit related bug there had been an emergency patch right away.

But class bugs, nah it can wait. Lets wait a month for it to be fixed.