24 hours since game breaking class bug, still no fix.

Nektulos

Imagine you are unable to use your abilities unless you stop moving for 2 gcds, that is what is happening.

No, it is not.

Hyperbole does not help your case, only hurt it, because they're going to spend time trying to replicate something that is not happening.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously people the second a bug is found the solution is 100% apparent to every programer and can be uploaded to a live server! There is no need to test and figure out exactly what the bug is, what it does, how it got there and to make plans to fix it without breaking other things while making sure it doesn't return. /duh

There is nothing to test, they know how it is suppose to work, all they need to do is apply a patch.

Imagine you are unable to use your abilities unless you stop moving for 2 gcds, that is what is happening.

If you are moving getting into cover is impossible, you also randomly come out of cover, destroying your balistic shield or entrench.

Huh, that's funny. 90% of my sage moves don't work if I move at all, and I have never complained about it.

It seems reading other posts calling it game breaking is going too far. You need to adjust strategies is all.

Huh, that's funny. 90% of my sage moves don't work if I move at all, and I have never complained about it.

It seems reading other posts calling it game breaking is going too far. You need to adjust strategies is all.

Your sage abilities don't work while moving because they have cast time and thats how MMO's work.

Sniper abilities don't work because you enter cover and it bugs not letting you use any ability that requires cover making sniper completely useless. Its not that you can't use abilities while moving its that you can't use them at all.

Edited by Notannos
insults

Because they have already said they are aware of it and are working on a fix...

That doesn't constitute someone being petty, but the way you are reacting kind of does. You see, this inability to use a class defining skill is kind of a big deal. Not something I would consider petty. You did not have to respond to his thread, but for what ever reason you did. That seems far more petty than someone wanting to know about a broken class mechanic on a forum designed to enable the players to converse with the developer to find out why and what is going on.

I'd call it game breaking for a sniper. Considering most of my skills are dependant of me being in cover to use. So if the cover system is borked then that would translate into my class as a whole being broken. I have 3 toons that I use 2 are snipers and 1 is a gunslinger so for someone like myself that doesn't play any of the other classes....yes this game is broke.

Edited by Techronomicon

I'd call it game breaking for a sniper. Considering most of my skills are dependant of me being in cover to use. So if the cover system is borked then that would translate into my class as a whole being broken. I have 3 toons that I use 2 are snipers and 1 is a gunslinger so for someone like myself that doesn't play any of the other classes....yes this game is broke.

***? Why would you have 2 snipers and a gunslinger? lol

You could try what other classes have to do when they want to use a power that requires them to stop moving. Stop moving before hitting your cover. Works just fine for me that way.

There is nothing to test, they know how it is suppose to work, all they need to do is apply a patch.

I really really hope you never get involved in computer software development on anything even remotely important. Possibly shouldn't even be allowed within 10 feet of a functioning computer.

I think we need to calm down here. They know it is an issue so I would rather them NOT hurry because frankly, there are some minor, somewhat easy to ignore cover bugs beyond this one. Maybe when they are working to fix this one, they stumble onto the others that caused taking cover to fail in strange spots or when leaving cover, I have had it pop me in a couple of times again without me doing anything. Might be too much to ask that they look at entrench not always taking affect but it triggering its cool down, or cover pulse failing to work at all. other than the noise.

Basically, I love the cover system and am glad just knowing they are looking at it.

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you the latest information regarding this issue which is located on our Known In-Game Issue sticky by Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

As stated above, this is on our high priority list. We hope this helps and we thank you for your patience!

High priority would be an emergency hotfix to fix something which pretty much breaks a class. If only we had a glowsitck instead of a rifle.

hmmm

i suspected there was an issue with cover.

i've been doing some pvp lately, and had jedi force jump me while in cover, and i keep getting knocked out of cover, getting back into it is quite difficult.

but now i know after reading this thread, all the above is true.

yikes this issue is pretty bad, and glad its in high priority list of fixes.

hmmm

i suspected there was an issue with cover.

i've been doing some pvp lately, and had jedi force jump me while in cover, and i keep getting knocked out of cover, getting back into it is quite difficult.

but now i know after reading this thread, all the above is true.

yikes this issue is pretty bad, and glad its in high priority list of fixes.

lol How did you not notice?

It is the base of sniper. Complete bread and butter of a marksman sniper (and Gunslinger eqivalent.) To me, having an extra delay in the work around and being unable to roll into natural cover is pretty game breaking when it is so much the base of your build. Edited by Technohic

SS gunslinger here and really haven't noticed the issue. It is probably because I have cover and roll into cover bound the the left and right wheel mouse click. I normally move using both mouse clicks so when I do go in to cover I'm coming to a complete stop.

The times I have noticed it is when I'm strafing left or right, but it hasn't been game breaking.

If you are moving getting into cover is impossible, you also randomly come out of cover, destroying your balistic shield or entrench.

Improper testing leads to issues such as the one being discussed in this thread. If they where to apply a patch that fixed the cover problem without properly testing it what's to say that it won't break the gear mod system? Then you would be back here on the forums QQing that your armor and weapons don't work anymore.

I'm confused, can't you just stop for half a second and than hit cover? What's the issue?

If you can hit it at precisely "half a second" then you are a robot. A little early, then reaction time makes for another unnecessary pause. Wait too long, and it winds up being more than half a second and half a second might be all you have to get into cover and hit a cover pulse, or entrench before being out or knocked out of position. Half a second could be all it takes to be charged.

I wonder how other classess would feel about having to be completely stopped for half a second before starting to cast each of their main abilities.

EDIT: Not to mention; while some people are annoyed by the roll to cover ability; it DOES provide benefits that some snipers will use it when available and they know where it is going. That part is completely broken. No workaround lets you roll into cover.

Edited by Technohic

You know that if this was where force leap did not work, the servers would have been taken down that afternoon and the bug fixed.

That must be why it took them several weeks to fix the bug that could randomly dc you when you used leap. :rolleyes:

Edited by anedorivan