Found something more fun than winning WZ's vs. PUBS

KhalDrogoe

First of all, my server is like completly dead. *IF* a queue pops, it's generally vs. a rag tag team of undergeared republic trying out PvP.

Now us crafty imps that want to PvP and at least try to complete the daily have come up with a way to try and keep the pubs queueing. We could very easily smoke them in the shortest amount of time possible, and then say to them "Feel the warmth of my nether regions, and how close you are to a golden pvp god!"

But now we have to somehow convince them to queue without wanting to lose ourselves. So we just use our basic attack that we were given at level 1. (Rapid Shots for me)

Now this is just the beginning. Using these attacks, we also let them hold the lead for most of the game, or keep the score as close as possible so they think they're on par with us!

But the closer the gap is to us beating them the better!

This playstyle in pvp can trick the pubs enough to queue up at least 3 times so we can complete our daily!:D

I can't imagine facing players dumb enough to fall for this tactic...

Pubs have a fragile ego. If you completely obliterate them, they'll never queue again. They'll get extremely butt hurt and swear off PvP because they're terrible at it. Now to put it into a way for you to understand... it's like the carrot on a stick. They see the goal, and it's just within reach, but no matter how hard they reach for it they can never get it. This doesn't keep them queueing indefinatly but it keeps them interested long enough so we can do our daily.

Pubs have a fragile ego. If you completely obliterate them, they'll never queue again. They'll get extremely butt hurt and swear off PvP because they're terrible at it. Now to put it into a way for you to understand... it's like the carrot on a stick. They see the goal, and it's just within reach, but no matter how hard they reach for it they can never get it. This doesn't keep them queueing indefinatly but it keeps them interested long enough so we can do our daily.

I understood just fine. Frankly you are the one who sounds like his ego is in danger of getting wounded. You even said in your OP that you kept facing undergeared folks trying to break into PvP, and nothing about them being good or bad. My point was that your kindergarten tactic should be insanely easy for the average person to spot. More likely they're getting the steamroll out of the early so you guys move on and they have a chance at facing someone with a similar gear level.

Note, I am NOT calling you bad or anything of the sort, but anyone who spends more than a day in the 50 bracket warzones knows that skill is not the major contributor to the outcome of a warzone. Maybe try getting your buddies to purchase recruit gear and run every 3rd warzone in that instead of your usual set-up. Now THAT I can see being entertaining as a player. Blowout warzones are boring (to me) from either side of the fence.:eek:

Would you?

If you would perhaps you should roll a fresh alt on their side and try a challenge. I've talked to people who have got to 50 in days with the spacebar. Something tells me the type of players that obsessively play warzones all day could quite easily level an alt in a short time.

Of course we both know you wouldn't do that because that would suck, and be hard, and you would lose a lot of games, probably all of your games as you struggle to get even a couple pieces of battlemaster gear while you get repeatedly beaten by the same handfull of names you recognize over and over again.

Don't come in and pretend you are a cut above other people in that you would just keep hitting queue again to play with the 5 man scrub team that crawled out from under a rock to try pvp. Because if you were really some kind of master of the game, some ultimate pvp god as you say, you should be able to turn even that situation into a win. So go DO it, your challenge awaits.

But that's not it is it, you just happened to have the luck of rolling on the side that got geared up first and had enough people interested to form a premade with and roll your way over pugs to even more easymode gear.

Edited by savagepotato

You are extremely stupid for generalizing imp and rep personalities.

Too bad PVP has really nothing to do with skill and EVERYTHING to do with gear. Maybe rep players are just tired of the class imbalances and gear imbalances. PVP in this game is dead/dying because it completely sucks for one side.

Keep it up OP, soon you will only be pvping with yourself.

First of all, my server is like completly dead. *IF* a queue pops, it's generally vs. a rag tag team of undergeared republic trying out PvP.

Now us crafty imps that want to PvP and at least try to complete the daily have come up with a way to try and keep the pubs queueing. We could very easily smoke them in the shortest amount of time possible, and then say to them "Feel the warmth of my nether regions, and how close you are to a golden pvp god!"

But now we have to somehow convince them to queue without wanting to lose ourselves. So we just use our basic attack that we were given at level 1. (Rapid Shots for me)

Now this is just the beginning. Using these attacks, we also let them hold the lead for most of the game, or keep the score as close as possible so they think they're on par with us!

This playstyle in pvp can trick the pubs enough to queue up at least 3 times so we can complete our daily!:D

Why not go in with PvE gear then? You know, cuz it isn't the gear that makes you better and all.....

I understood just fine. Frankly you are the one who sounds like his ego is in danger of getting wounded. You even said in your OP that you kept facing undergeared folks trying to break into PvP, and nothing about them being good or bad. My point was that your kindergarten tactic should be insanely easy for the average person to spot. More likely they're getting the steamroll out of the early so you guys move on and they have a chance at facing someone with a similar gear level.

Note, I am NOT calling you bad or anything of the sort, but anyone who spends more than a day in the 50 bracket warzones knows that skill is not the major contributor to the outcome of a warzone. Maybe try getting your buddies to purchase recruit gear and run every 3rd warzone in that instead of your usual set-up. Now THAT I can see being entertaining as a player. Blowout warzones are boring (to me) from either side of the fence.:eek:

They're not getting ANY steamroll out of the way It's either face me or don't pvp. There isn't a choice on The Constant. I spend more time farmingand getting wz comms on Tattoine than what I get out of PvP queues on The Constant.

Now trust me, *I* know that this game isn't skill based. For the entire first month I geared up through losses because there was a group of 4 pubs that were speedhacking and hit level 50 before everyone else. Their accounts are all banned now but that's what I had to deal with and I kept queueing.

Also I'm not playing this game to level up every AC there is. *I* *HATE* *LEVELING*. I think every game should be like guildwars, where if you want to pvp you don't even have to PvE. You should be able to create a max level character and have all the weapons/armor/skills available to you. THIS is the only way to TRULY have skill>gear. So like WoW (I've only had 1 max level character and have been playing since '04.) I'm extremely loyal to one character because I don't want to grind levels.

Why not go in with PvE gear then? You know, cuz it isn't the gear that makes you better and all.....

I like this. We all know the OP won't reroll (I don't blame him since all my high levels are on emp side too), so just put on PvE gear and then play them.

Too bad PVP has really nothing to do with skill and EVERYTHING to do with gear. Maybe rep players are just tired of the class imbalances and gear imbalances. PVP in this game is dead/dying because it completely sucks for one side.

Keep it up OP, soon you will only be pvping with yourself.

Yeah, we'll see. If I don't complete weekly this week I'm unsubbing. I PvP in real life, and it pumps up alot more adrenalin.

I like this. We all know the OP won't reroll (I don't blame him since all my high levels are on emp side too), so just put on PvE gear and then play them.

Having PvE gear would assume that I PvE (which is false) I don't PvE at all. Being forced to PvE to level up to 10 is bad enough. If I had PvE gear, I would toss it on and still faceroll. Everyone of you should create a new pve toon on my server and level it up to play 50's warzones. Exactly why I'm not going to reroll on yours.

Having PvE gear would assume that I PvE (which is false) I don't PvE at all. Being forced to PvE to level up to 10 is bad enough. If I had PvE gear, I would toss it on and still faceroll. Everyone of you should create a new pve toon on my server and level it up to play 50's warzones. Exactly why I'm not going to reroll on yours.

I hear you here, I have little to no PvE gear myself. However, you could buy a set of recruit gear and play a night in warzones with that just to see how you do. I think mirroring Warhammer's RvR lakes on the PvP planets would've gone a long way to holding interest in the game for people who wanted varied and fun PvP.

Edited by Sporticus

I hear you here, I have little to no PvE gear myself. However, you could buy a set of recruit gear and play a night in warzones with that just to see how you do. I think mirroring Warhammer's RvR lakes on the PvP planets would've gone a long way to holding interest in the game for people who wanted varied and fun PvP.

Hindsight is 20/20. If they would've kept the bag system, it would at least keep people playing to complete their dailies....

Have you read on the PvP cheat thread that people are complaining about balanced matches going south badly near the end? It looks like you are trying to give an explanation for that. I'm not saying you are but it sure looks like that ;).

You can PvP to get PvE gear... bad gear, but you can get it. The level 40 set is PvE and orange.. nothing PvP about it. Switch out mods and don't put expertise mods in... then you have a high level PvE set. If you don't want to waste WZ comms for the 40 set then you surely have enough money to buy pve gear.

So if you can't do that then basically we are stuck with you don't really want a challenge and this is a brag post about how you dominate pubs with your leet gear, higher population and you think that you guys are smarter and some how tricking players on the other side that also want to complete their dailies.

You should give your pubs props for even attempting to play you every day. You will complete your dailies regardless since 3 of the 4 maps now play dual faction.

You can PvP to get PvE gear... bad gear, but you can get it. The level 40 set is PvE and orange.. nothing PvP about it. Switch out mods and don't put expertise mods in... then you have a high level PvE set. If you don't want to waste WZ comms for the 40 set then you surely have enough money to buy pve gear.

So if you can't do that then basically we are stuck with you don't really want a challenge and this is a brag post about how you dominate pubs with your leet gear, higher population and you think that you guys are smarter and some how tricking players on the other side that also want to complete their dailies.

You should give your pubs props for even attempting to play you every day. You will complete your dailies regardless since 3 of the 4 maps now play dual faction.

Incorrect sir, there is a larger Pub population, just larger PvP population on Imp side. So what I'm saying is Pub side has more players, but only 5 of them ever queue, Imp side has like 4-9 that queue (does that make us at an unfair advantage?)

Incorrect sir, there is a larger Pub population, just larger PvP population on Imp side. So what I'm saying is Pub side has more players, but only 5 of them ever queue, Imp side has like 4-9 that queue (does that make us at an unfair advantage?)

Well that would suck to only have 9-14 pvpers on your server, but you are on a PvE server... so I'm not completely surprised since this is largely a PvE centric game. If PvP is your thing then why did you roll on a PvE server?

Well that would suck to only have 9-14 pvpers on your server, but you are on a PvE server... so I'm not completely surprised since this is largely a PvE centric game. If PvP is your thing then why did you roll on a PvE server?

That's a long story. But from what I heard there is really no difference in a PvE server vs. PvP server =P