Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Are you a FOTM Reroller and do you feel ashamed sometimes?

tehrealdealz

So how is the Mara leveling going tehrealdealz ?

I wouldnt know. Ill copy paste my reply here just for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by tehrealdealz View Post

How so? Like I said I was thinking of leveling up a Marauder but decided against it because I KNEW they were going to be OP/FOTM. Bravo he found a thread stating what everyone else or most of what everyone else on the forums did which is roll a marauder. lol yah i'm so owned. I'm not ashamed to admit I was thinking of leveling one up. Whats the big deal?

I happily leveled a Vanguard instead :cool:

I like how all these posters are calling me out like im hiding something. Its kind of funny actually. Bottom line so its crystal clear for everyone. I didnt level a Marauder/Sentinel because I didnt want to be like 90% of swtor community and become a FOTM Reroller. Best decision I ever made. But you can continue posting the same tired post over and over again. I give you permission. :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intended to level every class from the start- to take advantage of seeing all the stories. At first I was just playing what was fun- leveled up a sorc and PT. Now though, starting the more 'FOTM', if my fotm you mean 'every match is like pvp EZ mode'.

Yeah, now that my marauder's up there- it's pretty clear why it's the new FOTM, the class is unbelievable in pvp. Until it gets the nerf it deserves- I'm maining marauder. Might as well enjoy the free wins before BW gets some sense.

Thank you finally someone admits that marauders are completely broken atm. I can't wait till they get the nerf bat, so that I can create a new thread basically me saying "I told you so."

It's coming. I know BW is looking into Marauders already with all the complaints about them. Hopefully its a brutal nerf just like what they did to sage/sorcs. :cool:

I have 8 chars, I am unable to roll anymore chars on this server...please give me more char slots..

I do feel ashamed sometimes, usually it is because I have been involved in online gaming since 1997 and I have as yet been unable to create a caring sharing attitude amongst the majority of gamers.

I am sorry....

Oh hey i found the answer to your question. It was in another thread created by you titled "Will be rerolling Marauder in 1.2 need help."

You can find the link here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398482

so you can refresh you memory or just see the copy and paste job below( it's in red for easier reading). I see you already answered your own question. Hope i helped out

tehrealdealz

04.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #1

REPORT POST QUOTE

Sup everyone, so as we all know sorcs and BHs are getting nerfed hard, and Marauder is looking like the new OP class next patch. Is there anything I should know about the class before I start leveling? How does it play in pvp and pve? And are you overall happy with the class?

Hahahahahahahaha.

I played a Hunter in WOW (bc, wotkl) and stoicly stuck with him for years, loyalty made it a frustrating game in Arena (I heard they got OP in cata but left).

Rolled an Op at release, didn't want to be part of the hordes of Force users, even though it was fotm rerolled a Jugg because i didn't like the slow play style, rolled a Sentinel in Jan, ditched him for a Mara so I guess you can call me a FOTM reroller but I play these classes because they are fun, being OP is just a side.

fwiw, Assassins are tops on the OP ladder but no one rolls em because its a boring class. Mara's are the funnest class in the game. Now that melee is in the majority they dont get kited like they did pre 1.2. Try playing a Mara 7 ranged classes. It is not fun.

Whatever happens after this, I wont reroll because I have the best 3 classes in the game. Inquisitors and Bounty Hunters are just to boring even if they become op.

Edited by furiousferret

I wouldnt know. Ill copy paste my reply here just for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by tehrealdealz View Post

How so? Like I said I was thinking of leveling up a Marauder but decided against it because I KNEW they were going to be OP/FOTM. Bravo he found a thread stating what everyone else or most of what everyone else on the forums did which is roll a marauder. lol yah i'm so owned. I'm not ashamed to admit I was thinking of leveling one up. Whats the big deal?

I happily leveled a Vanguard instead :cool:

I like how all these posters are calling me out like im hiding something. Its kind of funny actually. Bottom line so its crystal clear for everyone. I didnt level a Marauder/Sentinel because I didnt want to be like 90% of swtor community and become a FOTM Reroller. Best decision I ever made. But you can continue posting the same tired post over and over again. I give you permission. :)

Right on brother!

After reading this other thread which you created i think everyone knows exactly what your about (see below)

"Commando nerfed should I CANCEL or Reroll? Wut are you guys doing?"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=365208 <------this one is an even better explanation to your original question, sorry brother didn't see this one earlier it answers your question perfectly ( I posted it below for easy reading in blue, oh I highlighted the really important part in orange)

tehrealdealz

SO yah I found out this morning my commando was gutted and no longer viable in PVP due to the heavy nerf to grav round which was my favorite move in WZs. So now im confused and thinking of just cancelling my sub and going back to WoW or if I should now shelve my trooper and reroll a new class. I know, I know im a FOTM reroller but I play this game to have fun and want to be OP especially in PVP. So wut class do you guys think I should reroll too or should i just cancel out?

It's crystal clear glad you cleared that up.

Edited by Odahviin

The big deal is probably that you come out as a hypocrite when you first state you are gonna roll a Marauder since you heard they are OP, then in the next breath you make a post and act like you cant understand what kinda mentality ppl have, when they roll FOTM.

Just a wild guess though!

QFT.

Hello. I'm the original poster's forum reputation dissipation light. I just kicked into high gear.

Well then the biggest issue i have with FOTM rollers is that they actually dont give their characters any "love". When hard earned pvp titles start showing up i.e. Elite Warlord. They start complaining about they earned the title as well with 8 Battle Masters, and whatever more titles, pets, looks of gear or any reward for high valor there will be.

I hope Marauders get a brutal nerf as well tbh. Bioware totally broke my sage, it's gone from fun and competitive to the most useless and weak class in the game.

Put sages back the way they were.

Stop this mindless Marauder spam in warzones.

I can't wait for it to happen though, all these Marauder's saying l2p etc, will get a very harsh wake up call once they are balanced again.

Will be fun coming to the forum listening to them complain and then spamming them with comments such as L2P, karma is a b$^!£.

Oh hey i found the answer to your question. It was in another thread created by you titled "Will be rerolling Marauder in 1.2 need help."

You can find the link here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398482

so you can refresh you memory or just see the copy and paste job below( it's in red for easier reading). I see you already answered your own question. Hope i helped out

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

Sup everyone, so as we all know sorcs and BHs are getting nerfed hard, and Marauder is looking like the new OP class next patch. Is there anything I should know about the class before I start leveling? How does it play in pvp and pve? And are you overall happy with the class?

hahahahahaha greatest burn in forum history

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

/pour petrol on OP, /flick match!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! This is 100% genius!!!! Thanks for the laugh

• 3 weeks later...

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

bumping this epic burn

tehrealdealz

REPORT POST QUOTE

OMG you sir win the forums. This is probably one of the best things I've ever seen happen on any set of forums.

Oh and Mara for lyfe! Beta mara, day -7 mara, currently a mara. FOTM people **** and get good at something.

I'm just hoping all these helpful replies from the pvp community will save him the trouble of creating threads in the future like (see below)

"FOTM Rerollers are destroying WZ Balance in <50 bracket."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=437082

"Marauders your days are numbered and u know it :)"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=424371

"You think BW would hotfix Marauders/Sents if they start losing subs?"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=427746

"How OP are Marauders post your WZ screenies here."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425938

"Marauder/Sentinel nerfs how bad will they be?"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425889

"Will be rerolling Marauder in 1.2 need help."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398482

"Are you a FOTM Reroller and do you feel ashamed sometimes?"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=438626

"Commando nerfed should I CANCEL or Reroll? Wut are you guys doing?"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=365208 <------this one is an even better explanation to your original question, sorry brother didn't see this one earlier it answers your question perfectly ( I posted it below for easy reading in blue)

tehrealdealz

SO yah I found out this morning my commando was gutted and no longer viable in PVP due to the heavy nerf to grav round which was my favorite move in WZs. So now im confused and thinking of just cancelling my sub and going back to WoW or if I should now shelve my trooper and reroll a new class. I know, I know im a FOTM reroller but I play this game to have fun and want to be OP especially in PVP. So wut class do you guys think I should reroll too or should i just cancel out?

Never fear tehrealdealz I'm sure myself and other members of the wider swtor community are always on hand to lend constructive criticism to help your understanding of the game in the future.

Happy hunting

oh god and i think both of us have said many of things in crappy threads the op has created!!!

I intended to level every class from the start- to take advantage of seeing all the stories. At first I was just playing what was fun- leveled up a sorc and PT. Now though, starting the more 'FOTM', if my fotm you mean 'every match is like pvp EZ mode'.

Yeah, now that my marauder's up there- it's pretty clear why it's the new FOTM, the class is unbelievable in pvp. Until it gets the nerf it deserves- I'm maining marauder. Might as well enjoy the free wins before BW gets some sense.

take your defensive CD's off your toolbar, besides saber ward, and then see how amazing it is. and lol at the rest of your post...

I did FOTM rerolling not because I wanted to but because I was forced to switch servers 2x now bc of bioware and theyre pop problem. Do I feel any guilt? Thats gotta be the dumbest question I've ever heard. Of course not, why would I? I pay my sub and I will play the game to have the maximum amount of fun. I am not going to stick with a toon that I do not enjoy playing. I'm curious as to why you feel keeping the same class displays some kind of admirable atribute. Does anyone congradulate you on keeping the same class? Is the church going to give you an award? You sound as if you just saved orphans from a fire, when really you might not have switched for 100 different reasons ,some of them may be things like laziness or sloth which is not considered a good attribute.. So basically its a stupid question, from a poster who has a distorted view of how people in the game view each other. I don't think anyone really cares what someone else rolls. Play the game in the manner which brings you the most enjoyment period.

Do I count as a FOTM Reroller if I intend to have one of every class? (Halfway there right now, working on my Sent). I just am not huge fan of the end game. I have no interest in HMs or Ops. And doing the same 8-9 dailies over and over again gets boring. I usually log in my 50's, get their PvP dailies done, play PvP if the rest of the guild is around. Otherwise, I go play a lowbie.

Do I count as a FOTM Reroller if I intend to have one of every class? (Halfway there right now, working on my Sent). I just am not huge fan of the end game. I have no interest in HMs or Ops. And doing the same 8-9 dailies over and over again gets boring. I usually log in my 50's, get their PvP dailies done, play PvP if the rest of the guild is around. Otherwise, I go play a lowbie.

I suppose not. I rolled a maurder just to better understand them.

No need to refresh my memory. Your right I was thinking of rolling a marauder cause I wanted to try a melee class but once I saw they were going to be broken/OP/FOTM I chose NOT to level one up. Instead I leveled up a Vanguard. So whats your point? Bottom line. I chose NOT to be a FOTM reroller.

Does anyone else see the incredible irony in this statement?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.