How do you get around the hood issue in-game?

llesna

Hello all,

Like many Jedi Knight players, I find myself having to choose unfortunately between combat effectiveness and aesthetics for my Jedi, since I have hitherto been unable to find a heavy armour hoodless robe.

I have found myself taking a look at some hoodless medium armour items and even the light armour consular robes.

Consequently I found myself wondering what other players do to get around this design oversight.

So, what do you do to work around the issue of a lack of hoodless robes?

(If you're a sith who has trouble finding hooded robes, please feel free to talk about that here too!)

Kind regards

llesna

Edited by llesna

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aspiring Knight's Vest is a good option for not having a hood.

That's one of the medium armour options I've looked at :)

From what I have gathered, a lot of players gravitate towards armour like that.

Edited by llesna

I actually wish my sith had MORE hoods... wah... how can I RP my character correctly if I'm going to be stopped with not being able to find a hood/helmet combination that won't make the hood go poooooof!!!!!

Indeed, I find the lack of hoods on medium armor.. disturbing.

doesn't the "hide head armor" toggle remove both your head armor and hood? could be wrong on that tho...

Nope. The hood stays whatever you do, unless you're a twi'lek I believe.

Edited by llesna

lawlz.

Is it so very hard to believe that some people consider this important?

Just consider how many people have quit over guild, LFG or PvP issues. Why should the lack of customisation in-game be any different?

Edited by llesna

The hood toggle is coming. When, I don't know. My hope is that it will include Twi'leks as well and they will make it so the lekku come out the front like they are supposed to. It's quite obvious some of the models were designed with them in mind but then later they changed their minds for whatever reason. Now, some of the smaller hoods just make the lekku clip through from the back, making it look completely amateurish and stupid.

The thing that baffles me is that it seems so hard for them to do right. I don't know if it's an issue with the hero engine, but for the engine Skyrim uses it's rather easy to make hoods with hair coming out the front sides. It just needs to take your settings in terms of markings/skin colour into account. No different from helmets or armor that take these things into account.

This is a huge issue for us force-wielders. If we don't get this option in soon, I don't see myself subscribing for long.

I'm always amazed at the things that matter to people. Obviously you are entitled to your own choices and we all derive gaming satisfaction in different ways, but I can't say I understand this at all.

Hood toggle is something that needs to be implemented by Bioware ASAP. No later than 1.3.

This is a huge issue for us force-wielders. If we don't get this option in soon, I don't see myself subscribing for long.

So the whole reason for you playing this game will be based on a hood.... now thats funny....

It's the whole "If I don't get my way i'm going to quit" argument..... well played sir.... well played....

:rolleyes:

Edited by Monoth

ROFL..... So the whole reason for you playing this game will be based on a hood.... now thats funny....

Some people base their gaming on PvP.

I find that equally amusing to be brutally honest.

What is important to one person is completely unimportant to another and vice versa. For people who want customisation in-game and want to be able to play their characters the way they want to play, such relatively minor aesthetic issues are vitally important.

Please try to remember that whilst we all play the same game, we don't have the same wants from it.

Edited by llesna

Some people base their gaming on PvP.

I find that equally amusing to be brutally honest.

What is important to one person is completely unimportant to another and vice versa. For people who want customisation in-game and want to be able to play their characters the way they want to play, such relatively minor aesthetic issues are vitally important.

Please try to remember that whilst we all play the same game, we don't have the same wants from it.

So your want a barbie dress up game?

I can understand people requesting stuff in game no issue there.... I do have issue with the whole "Do as I say or I quit" argument that 99% of people don't follow through on.... its like there trying to create drama out of a non drama issue.... But hey more power to them....

Edited by Monoth

I can understand people requesting stuff in game no issue there.... I do have issue with the whole "Do as I say or I quit" argument that 99% of people don't follow through on.... its like there trying to create drama out of a non drama issue.... But hey more power to them....

Please refrain from making silly comments in the thread and trying to be insulting.

Thank you.

Edited by llesna

I can understand people requesting stuff in game no issue there.... I do have issue with the whole "Do as I say or I quit" argument that 99% of people don't follow through on.... its like there trying to create drama out of a non drama issue.... But hey more power to ya....

i agree with you on the scare tactic ppl try to use about saying they are going to quit, but i disagree on the barbie statement - its been a long known fact that ppl personify themselves in game and "RP" and they want their character to look as much like how they want to look in that fantasy environment as they possibly can. The OP envisions how he would look in the star wars universe and with the star wars IP, there really isnt any reason to deny someone that option.

listen i agree with the OP, i get it, but yes, i do believe there are better ways to go about it instead of threatening to quit.

Hood toggle is something that needs to be implemented by Bioware ASAP. No later than 1.3.

If that is the make or break issue then I suggest you probably don't enjoy the game too much anyway.

If that is the make or break issue then I suggest you probably don't enjoy the game too much anyway.

Some people (note: not myself) feel very strongly about issues to the point where such issues can actually completely detract from the enjoyment of a game.

Consider how many players know they would enjoy ME3, for example, but are avoiding it on account of knowing that the ending is awful (even if they don't know exactly what the ending is).

You can enjoy a game but feel unable to play it when enough issues creep up on your enjoyment of it. At least, that's how many find it.

Edited by llesna

This is a huge issue for me as well since customization and RP are very important to me. Seems like a very easy fix. I've been playing Bioware games for a while now and usually I just get mods to fix these issues. People make mods that fix issues like this all the time, and very quickly at that (days or weeks at most). I don't see why a game with a huge budget is struggling with basic things like this. If this was a single player game there'd be a mod out in a day. I don't see why it should be different for an MMO. I'm still sticking with this game for the long run though.

Right now I just wear crappier armor that I like. I pick looks over stats and it doesn't affect gameplay TOO much.

And people this is an RPG, there's hundreds of threads whining about pvp imbalances, why not go troll there? Seriously.

what I USED to do was wear a headpiece that covered my eyes only....took off the hood...showed correct hair et al.

now the same armor the hair defaults to baldheaded cornrows instead of the proper hairstyle..thanks to something they did in 1.2

I doubt they'll address it. Bio hasn't cared much about bugs since EAWare came into being

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.