How do you get around the hood issue in-game?

llesna

Threatening to quit is always silly. There is a not a single fault in any game ever that makes a threat to quit not be silly and absurd.

The concept that the hood issue is any more trivial than any other game issue is equally silly and scorn-worthy..

I think this is a generational thing. Some of us can see that two opinions may be valid but not equal. The track star complaining the he couldn't find a close parking space doesn't carry the same weight as the person in a wheelchair who couldn't find a spot because rude able people used all the handicap parking spaces...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the reason the hood-off toggle hasn't been implemented yet is because Bio's coding team can't figure it out.

there are a few head-pieces that combined with a robe or caped Heavy Armor chest will currently toggle the hood down.

Currently, my Guardian is sporting the heavy armor robe chest from Cademimu and a headpiece from Hoth Comms

this is a caped Clothy-style Heavy Armor in combo with a Jordy LaForge style headgear.

showing the hood down: by wearing the headgear

http://smokingrabbit.com/swtor/hood_down.JPG

showing the hood up: by un-equipping or hiding the headgear

http://smokingrabbit.com/swtor/hood_up.JPG

please notice the baldness... this currently is Bioware's dev's accidental (i assumer it was an accident) de-activated your 'hair' when equipping this particular headgear... it was working perfectly prior to Legacy patch release... -I've submitted a bug report ************ about it after every minor fix-patch since Legacy, but it continues to fall on deaf-ears.

-so this thread about "when will they add a hood toggle" is pretty pointless until they care enough to fix this bug with the hair on these head-pieces...

frankly, IMO, the coders either don't care enough to root this recent graphic 'oops' high enough to start working on it... or they are currently working on it, but are too perplexed to find an answer. -you chose which one you like best a) Bioware coders couldn't care less about hood toggles, or b) Bioware coders can't figure out how to toggle your hood down without breaking your 'hair'... so... are they just rude? or are they idiots... you make the call. ;)

(-I'm not bitter about the fact they broke my hair, no.) :cool:

IMO the reason the hood-off toggle hasn't been implemented yet is because Bio's coding team can't figure it out.

there are a few head-pieces that combined with a robe or caped Heavy Armor chest will currently toggle the hood down.

Currently, my Guardian is sporting the heavy armor robe chest from Cademimu and a headpiece from Hoth Comms

this is a caped Clothy-style Heavy Armor in combo with a Jordy LaForge style headgear.

showing the hood down: by wearing the headgear

http://smokingrabbit.com/swtor/hood_down.JPG

showing the hood up: by un-equipping or hiding the headgear

http://smokingrabbit.com/swtor/hood_up.JPG

please notice the baldness... this currently is Bioware's dev's accidental (i assumer it was an accident) de-activated your 'hair' when equipping this particular headgear... it was working perfectly prior to Legacy patch release... -I've submitted a bug report ************ about it after every minor fix-patch since Legacy, but it continues to fall on deaf-ears.

-so this thread about "when will they add a hood toggle" is pretty pointless until they care enough to fix this bug with the hair on these head-pieces...

frankly, IMO, the coders either don't care enough to root this recent graphic 'oops' high enough to start working on it... or they are currently working on it, but are too perplexed to find an answer. -you chose which one you like best a) Bioware coders couldn't care less about hood toggles, or b) Bioware coders can't figure out how to toggle your hood down without breaking your 'hair'... so... are they just rude? or are they idiots... you make the call. ;)

(-I'm not bitter about the fact they broke my hair, no.) :cool:

An interesting and thoughtful post there. Thank you :)

I'd like to think that the coders are just busy with 101 things at present and hoping to sort as many things as possible with each passing patch.

In fairness to Bioware, they're doing a far better job than the last MMORPG I played a lot of. (Then again, that was Champions Online and Cryptic are pretty much useless in terms of fixing issues, so that's probably not a fair comparison!)

Edited by llesna

Greetings everyone!

We saw some concerns regarding a specific bug that creates problems with hoods and would like to give you the following information from our Items and Economy[/b]"]Known In-Game Issues Sticky by Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: April 27th, 2012

Items and Economy

• Various gear combinations can cause characters to appear without hair or facial hair.

We hope this is of assistance with this particular concern. :)

If you do not know what the ending is, then you do not know that it is awful. You don't know that you would enjoy the game unless you actually play the game.

I know enough to be pragmatic. When enough gamers of the same mindset as me get angry enough over a game ending to start petitions to get it changed and actually get a response from the developer, I can be pretty certain that I'm going to be in agreement with them.

You're technically right that I can't know for certain, but I can be pretty damned sure. The problem is that I do know how much I enjoyed ME1 and ME2 and anything less than a stellar ending to the game would leave me feeling dejected for spending time on the third game.

• 1 month later...

Hard to believe I started this thread over three months ago and yet there do not seem to be any great number of hoodless heavy armour robes available still for Jedi Guardians.

One can but hope that this will change in time.