FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

As far as i know apb is still a failed game and its also f2p now. either way if apb is failed or not i would not hope the same future for swtor.

They made APB free at no charge at all. At steam results it still fail actually is true...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you believe the developers lie about everything, why does what they say matter at all?

"The great masses will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one"

That's why.

Now I've gone and Goodwined.

Too bad, people are pissed, people who payed for this game and have stuck with it since release. if they want to express their disapointment in the way this game is being handled they have a right to and i think everyone who is quitting this game out of frustration should do so.

Its far more helpful than people who blindly defend the devs, do you truely belive that they could not get server transfers up before sometime in the summer? Did you truely believe the devs when they announced that they are not losing subs and populations were fine right after they gave everyone a free month?

This.

It is the provided figure, and with no pertinent information refuting its validity we have no reason to believe it to be false. In fact, what little data has been gathered by the community supports the figure. So yes, I do believe it and no, I am not "high."

Not to be a dick, but its called math. I mean just look at the server populations on peak times. There is no way they add up over even 100k.

Edited by Bolverok

They got until May 15th. Then my interests will be in other areas and I will unsub. My server is dead. No hope finding groups for anything I want to do. Why is this an MMO? They should be focusing on F2P by summer because of all the competition in the market this year. GW2 with no monthly sub is going to be quite a challenge for for TOR.

They got until May 15th. Then my interests will be in other areas and I will unsub. My server is dead. No hope finding groups for anything I want to do. Why is this an MMO? They should be focusing on F2P by summer because of all the competition in the market this year. GW2 with no monthly sub is going to be quite a challenge for for TOR.

They should be focusing on F2P - agree with you.

As far as i know apb is still a failed game and its also f2p now. either way if apb is failed or not i would not hope the same future for swtor.
The main reason APB is on the failure list, in my view, is simply because they've opted to use one of the easiest, most commonly hackable game engines. The aimbot useis rampant and makes most PvP aspects of it rather uninteresting. I love zipping around in my cars and busting the occasional smash & grab team, but the cheating just makes me lose all interest.

As for the thread topic: Free transfers are a good idea in my book, if it brings more people together. The legacy levels will carry over, which is a nice plus. With luck, so will all your purchased/acquired legacy benefits. Other than the guild issue (I'll miss the guild bank eventually, I'm sure), it's really mostly a win-win. What will my character lose? Possibly their name, *maybe* certain legacy perqs. I can work with it, even if the costs of legacy unlocks is ridiculously high.

Wow didn't cost a few hundred million to make and certainly didn't have server transfers after 6 months.

Then again, how long was it after Rift released that they offered transferred again?

Because that game cost a few hundred million to make and was owned by a company who made a big loss last year.

Lol, I ain't got nothing to lose, looks like some already have.

Sorry to tell you wow cost a lot, the game was developed over 5 years and it cost over 100 millions to do it.

(The sum of the Salary of each employee over 5 years get up fast.)

i have never liked any f2p games. i am interested in gw2 and will probably try it when it is released and i hope it can succeed as a truly f2p game and it will be even better if it can succeed without being pay to win.

But i do not trust EA in any shape or form to make a f2p model with no pay 2 win features, and i find it even harder to believe that swtor could release fully voiced expansions of the quality they have now (much much better than gw2) as a f2p game.

Edited by Mallorik

Exactly, and i dont even care that they are faking sub numbers and trying to make it look like they arent losing alot of people, as long as THEY dont believe their own hype and think everything is going fine and that it wont hurt to wait until summer to fix their game.

Since the only subscription numbers were announced as part of EA's earnings reports, I would recommend that all of you who believe EA is lying do the following:

1. Submit your case to the SEC: https://denebleo.sec.gov/TCRExternal/disclaimer.xhtml

2. Let us know how that went.

Edited by Kthx

Why not Merge Low Pop Servers NOW? Transfers are not enough, BW simply needs to merge servers, summer may be too late, the low pop is killing the game for the loyal players who like the game, but can’t get a MMO experience with it.

Why not Merge Low Pop Servers NOW? Transfers are not enough, BW simply needs to merge servers, summer may be too late, the low pop is killing the game for the loyal players who like the game, but can’t get a MMO experience with it.

This. They're probably trying to figure out logistics, how to rename characters, change legacy names, blablabla. I don't even care, and I don't think most people do. Just name me whatever you want, but let me play with people. All I do is play with myself, literally!

LOL, now thats a hardcore fanboy.

agreed.

all the fanboys forget to take into account the free 30 days BW handed out to almost all subscribers (with lvl 50s).

So sure - the subscribes are the same numbers, but that's because all of the people who unsubbed/went inactive are now SUBBED and active because of the free month.

Hell, It wouldn't surprise me if some people didn't even realize they have 30 days of play time still on their accounts.

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

In other words, greed over player loyalty. A proverbial slap in the face form Bioware.

New players will get to pick their choice of busy servers for free. Players who have been here since the beginning will have to pay to chose theirs.

A year for now the module is fine, but this game just came out 5 1/2 months ago and this is the first server transfer to help balance the game. It should be free all the way around.

I would have came back if it was for free. Shame.

agreed.

all the fanboys forget to take into account the free 30 days BW handed out to almost all subscribers (with lvl 50s).

So sure - the subscribes are the same numbers, but that's because all of the people who unsubbed/went inactive are now SUBBED and active because of the free month.

Hell, It wouldn't surprise me if some people didn't even realize they have 30 days of play time still on their accounts.

The thing he quoted was from Q4 which ended in March. Almost a whole month before they gave any free time out. So try again but you should read the stuff thats linked rather than just spew blind BW hatred.

Yeah, I made the mistake of rolling on a 'heavy' server at launch with hour long queues that is now a ghost town. Tried rerolling on Tomb of Freedom Nadd with everyone else from the EU, but it's hard to motivate myself to start all over again now.

Just cancelled 6 month sub - won't actually expire until August, but very much doubt I'll be back. Shame, there was a lot of potential here, but the mess around launch with the slow raising of server caps ultimately killed the game in the long run for me. At least some of that is down to the community though - the amount of forum outrage over queuing at launch was huge, I can't help but think if we'd all have a been more understanding and tolerant of a smaller number of launch servers (and longer queues), we'd have been in a better state in the long run...

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

In other words, greed over player loyalty. A proverbial slap in the face form Bioware.

New players will get to pick their choice of busy servers for free. Players who have been here since the beginning will have to pay to chose theirs.

A year for now the module is fine, but this game just came out 5 1/2 months ago and this is the first server transfer to help balance the game. It should be free all the way around.

I would have came back if it was for free. Shame.

Came back? You are still an active subscriber if you can post here. You kinda need to leave first before you can come back.

This. They're probably trying to figure out logistics, how to rename characters, change legacy names, blablabla. I don't even care, and I don't think most people do. Just name me whatever you want, but let me play with people. All I do is play with myself, literally!

It’s sad really, because I love this game, but it doesn’t feel like a MMO, and I rarely spend more than a few months with even the best single player games (e.g., Fallout 3, Mass Effect, KOTOR, etc). PvP que times are horrendous (20+ minutes at peak, 3+ hours in the morning), the GTN Market is miniscule, I can’t get a group for Flashpoints and less quantifiably – playing TOR just feels LONELY.

Sometimes I feel like the developers are punishing TOR’s loyal fans, even if I know feeling that way is ridiculous.

It’s sad really, because I love this game, but it doesn’t feel like a MMO, and I rarely spend more than a few months with even the best single player games (e.g., Fallout 3, Mass Effect, KOTOR, etc). PvP que times are horrendous (20+ minutes at peak, 3+ hours in the morning), the GTN Market is miniscule, I can’t get a group for Flashpoints and less quantifiably – playing TOR just feels LONELY.

Sometimes I feel like the developers are punishing TOR’s loyal fans, even if I know feeling that way is ridiculous.

Join a guild. I dont get why you guys are having such a hard time. You like PVP roll on one of the high pop pvp servers. You will get warzones np. Also noone is punishing you lol. You made a choice on a server didnt work out. So you can pay to move or re-roll. What is the problem?

You like PVP roll on one of the high pop pvp servers.

So I should remake my characters somewhere else? No *********** way? My server's population was fine until around 1.1.4 and now it's a wasteland, unfortunately I won't be rolling new characters and throwing 30+ legacy levels away, no thank you I'd rather go play something else entirely instead of replaying dozens of hours of content just to get pvp queues and people to group in pve.

Came back? You are still an active subscriber if you can post here.

Bioware has been giving away free 30 day subs.

You kinda need to leave first before you can come back.

You kinda need to know what your talking about before being quick to troll. ;)