If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should anyone "give them time" for basic, bare-bones features. Especially when you're paying their salary essentially.

Now Granted had the game not been rushed for a Holiday money grab - more things might be implemented.

Regardless for a game with this license and budget (over 300 million), it's without question stale and quickly boring my guild to death.

Then leave. You either enjoy the game or you don't. If you're bored now you're going to be bored when 1.3 comes out.

people having completely unrealistic concepts of 'game-breaking' is crying... and whining... and juvenile.

Also, what one person wants is not more important that what everyone wants. and right now I'd say the 2 largest wants by the community are an answer to low-pop servers (transfers seem to be the solution, NOT merges) and pvp enhancements.

they're working on it...

I mean ****... Blizzard took over a year for it's first expansion.....

Well I disagree about it being "whining". The numbers don't lie and the games down on subs enough for lay offs at EA. I think Bioware is FINALLY listening and doing a scramble at the last minute. That's good if they learn a lesson and the game moves forward. You can't rely on the track record of an old Juggernaut MMO these days to be the staple of when you get things right.

Why should anyone "give them time" for basic, bare-bones features. Especially when you're paying their salary essentially.

Now Granted had the game not been rushed for a Holiday money grab - more things might be implemented.

Regardless for a game with this license and budget (over 300 million), it's without question stale and quickly boring my guild to death.

No reason to even bother posting on these forums OP.

* Only thing your going to get is rage from the "Biodrone community"

Personally my guild is just pvping since there is nothing to do till the release of "Diablo 3".

Then why are you still playing? Unsub noww and save some $$$ if you don't enjoy it. For the record, i don't think there are any basic, bare-bones features missing. There are bugs, yes, but that's to be expected.

I don't know...I feel like there was some good stuff in 1.2. I'm really loving Novare Coast and I've gotten some good mileage out of the Corellia Black Hole dailies. Legacy is kind of a wash for me, since I've only purchased the mailbox, though I do want the repair droid, as well. Plus we got some new schematics, some tweaks to crafting, various improvements, gear sets that carry bonuses on the armoring mod, various economic adjustments, etc. I'm happy for now. It's a good foundation.

If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

Of course not, only a child would make a foot stomping self absorbed threat like that

I will unsub when I stop having fun playing the game, so far I am having a blast.

If I was customer service I'd flag everyones "JUST GO!" comments as spam. The don't like it, leave has done nothing but take subs away from this game. I don't want to see the game eventually scraped from Biodrone fanboyz that think anytime you put out an honest opinion or complaint that your calling their mom names....

Well I disagree about it being "whining". The numbers don't lie and the games down on subs enough for lay offs at EA. I think Bioware is FINALLY listening and doing a scramble at the last minute. That's good if they learn a lesson and the game moves forward. You can't rely on the track record of an old Juggernaut MMO these days to be the staple of when you get things right.

Where do you get such information or have you just made that up? What I read is that the subs are steady.

I know a lot of people (myself included) have felt like patch 1.2 was essentially fluff and features that should have been available at launch.

As such, my guild agreed last night that we're quitting unless we get new content in May. Particularly with Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 on the horizon. Now granted - James Ohlen himself has promised there will be monthly updates:

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm certainty not holding my breath. Swtor currently feels very dull and static. For a Raiding Guild - we collectively were not impressed by EC. Though it's a step in the right direction from the abomination that was Tier 1.

Anyone else feeling the same regarding 1.3?

Seems legit, the answer is yes. But only until I see the few things that I'm waiting for which should be in on 1.3 and you can be sure Ill resub faster than you can blink.

I dont PvP because half a pug is worse than a full pug. Leveling a new toon gets stagnant because sitting around in Fleet to try and group for content is just too archaic. As new tiers get introduced running HM's when you first hit 50 are going to be crucial to gear up. I havent even seen much of the FP's past Colicoid because no one wants to sit in Fleet while they are trying to level. Id be happy with a global chat channel, but apparently LFG is the way they want to go. Well that was promised to be in the works for the future back in Feb, if they cant have it out by May then Ill just unsub and wait. Not looking to leave for another game or anything like that, I just want to see a few features to help with the MMORPG experience for my money. BW will get there, but 5 months with declining concurrent sessions is starting to show. Plus allowing free Xfers to servers in other countries has not helped population which in turn is hurting the experience.

Edited by philefluxx

Seems legit, the answer is yes. But only until I see the few things that I'm waiting for which should be in on 1.3 and you can be sure Ill resub faster than you can blink.

I dont PvP because half a pug is worse than a full pug. Leveling a new toon gets stagnant because sitting around in Fleet to try and group for content is just too archaic. As new tiers get introduced running HM's when you first hit 50 are going to be crucial to gear up. I havent even seen much of the FP's past Colicoid because no one wants to sit in Fleet while they are trying to level. Id be happy with a global chat channel, but apparently LFG is the way they want to go. Well that was promised to be in the works for the future back in Feb, if they cant have it out by May then Ill just unsub and wait. Not looking to leave for another game or anything like that, I just want to see a few features to help with the MMORPG experience for my money. BW will get there, but 5 months with declining concurrent sessions is starting to show. Plus allowing free Xfers to servers in other countries has not helped population which in turn is hurting the experience.

Excellent post. Nice to see real comments, so we can actually facilitate some conversation. As opposed to the rhetoric provided by obvious fan-boys.

Anyway I pretty much agree with everything you said. A cross-server LFG tool in particular is something that's almost essential for a game releasing in 2011. Given how long ToR was in development, it's absence is truly mind boggling.

If I was customer service I'd flag everyones "JUST GO!" comments as spam. The don't like it, leave has done nothing but take subs away from this game. I don't want to see the game eventually scraped from Biodrone fanboyz that think anytime you put out an honest opinion or complaint that your calling their mom names....

Thanks for your input.

First, I think these "Will You Unsub?" posts are the most useless posts in the entire forum community. You don't have to agree, but suggesting my comments be reported as "spam" is a bit outlandish.

Second, the entire PURPOSE of this thread was to try and promote the idea that these players were going to leave the game, and to most likely entice others to do the same. I am quite skeptical that this was an honest, open-ended discussion envisioned to perhaps convince the OP that leaving the game wasn't the best decision.

Third, the OP was specifically advertising other games as being better than SWTOR and more worthy of their time, so you sitting around trying to act as if they are some loyal SWTOR fan that should be coddled and protected is a bit backward, if you ask me. These kinds of players are absolutely not good for this game, if you want to look at it that way, for they are entirely too happy to try to advertise other games here on BioWare's forum as being a better game than the one they were (supposedly) here to discuss.

Fourth, it's highly doubtful that anything BioWare ever releases is going to please these people. Whatever it is they're asking for (or DEMANDING) will simply be an intermediate placation until their next post in May that says "If 1.4 Isn't Out by June - Will You Unsub?"

I don't think my comment was out of line at all, but the forum moderators may do as they please.

Edited by Kubernetic

Quote: Originally Posted by James Ohlen

Well, Star Wars: The Old Republic is already out so I wont plug the gameplay because I am sure everyone already knows what that is. For 2012 we really want players to, going back to the subscription model, feel like they're getting their money's worth. So the scope of our game updates in 2012 is going to be unimaginable. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe, it's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.

This is a typical clintonesque type of statement that can be read many, many different ways by different people.

Where the OP is thinking it means 1.3, my clintonesque meaning to "and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month." is that each month is going to be either filled with new content or "the many changes and additions" to fix the **** the latest update ****** up. :D

Thanks for your input.

First, I think these "Will You Unsub?" posts are the most useless posts in the entire forum community. You don't have to agree, but suggesting my comments be reported as "spam" is a bit outlandish.

Second, the entire PURPOSE of this thread was to try and promote the idea that these players were going to leave the game, and to most likely entice others to do the same. I am quite skeptical that this was an honest, open-ended discussion envisioned to perhaps convince the OP that leaving the game wasn't the best decision.

Third, the OP was specifically advertising other games as being better than SWTOR and more worthy of their time, so you sitting around trying to act as if they are some loyal SWTOR fan that should be coddled and protected is a bit backward, if you ask me. These kinds of players are absolutely not good for this game, if you want to look at it that way, for they are entirely too happy to try to advertise other games here on BioWare's forum as being a better game than the one they were (supposedly) here to discuss.

Fourth, it's highly doubtful that anything BioWare ever releases is going to please these people. Whatever it is they're asking for (or DEMANDING) will simply be an intermediate placation until their next post in May that says "If 1.4 Isn't Out by June - Will You Unsub?"

I don't think my comment was out of line at all, but the forum moderators may do as they please.

An that's probably why your not a good customer support person. I like this game more then anyone will realize on the forums but I also understand the community that wants change fast. I don't take it personally and I don't think there's no saving them. Then again I don't let many customers ever leave disappointing in my own business.

My friend you are sad. Pls stop referencing a false story. EA has come out and said the story was false. Oh btw beside you perception..askew'd as it is...you have proof server pop?

If server transfers arent here by may i'll be gone. Theres only so long i can play on a dead server and i really do not fancy having to reroll and leave my toons behind after the amount of time i've put into them.

My friend you are sad. Pls stop referencing a false story. EA has come out and said the story was false. Oh btw beside you perception..askew'd as it is...you have proof server pop?

Dude, do you really think all these threads about "Please we need transfers" are made up by the Illuminati? Maybe the Greys? The mother ship is calling all personnel to the forums to attack Bioware?

Get real. There's a real problem here and it involves loss of subs....

Dude, do you really think all these threads about "Please we need transfers" are made up by the Illuminati? Maybe the Greys? The mother ship is calling all personnel to the forums to attack Bioware?

Get real. There's a real problem here and it involves loss of subs....

Once again do you...that means you... have any proof.

Edited by Taorus