The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

To the biased Sents/Maras defending their OP class

Madnutter

Give up what? You only need 2 people to kill one class if you're bad. And you are bad. As well as the Shadow that started this thread.

A freaking Shadow crying about Marauders... lololol

These forums are amazing. BTW, what class do you play?

Ah yes, my point exactly! *high fives*

I admit I failed to elaborate on it earlier, but if you don't know how or can't counter a Sentinel or Marauder 1 on 1, then you need 2 people. 2 people in fact can spank us, but whatever. These two guys can't learn to play the game properly to save their lives.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can easily wreck you and other DPS/Healer classes 1 on 1, but we have trouble with tanks or DPS classes with healers keeping them up. So, the thing I would tell you, is stop foolishly trying to go 1 on 1 with a Sentinel or Marauder without a tank or healer to help you out, else we can and will end you quickly. There's your answer.

Nope you said tanks or dps classes with healers give you trouble and that we should not try and 1on1 a marauder. Sure you changed your tune in a later post but thats only because you realise that you just let the cat out of the bag.

To be honest I would give up if I were you, we have a marauder here admitting you need 2 people to beat them. That's pretty much /thread.

Yea...Lets nerf mara because a mara said it takes 2 people to kill him at all times.

Also, all of you people seem to have selective memory. How many times have you killed a mara/sent? Ahhh, that's right, you have selectively forgot about all of those times...How many times have you died to a mara/sent? Every time you face one? I suggest finding a new game if that is the case.

Let me just get this straight you actually its okay that you can 1 shot people? Just answer yes or no. That's really all I need to know, before we have a conversation about this.

lol ok here is how it works.

the guardian uses force leap (10% damage boost) - if anyone is here QQing and doesnt know this, you failed.

after the force leap, the guardian uses a power relic and a power addrenal. -these are called cooldowns (2 and 3 minutes)

then the guardian uses master strike. this is his most powerful attack. it hits 3 times.

then the (vigilance) guardian uses overhead slash - this makes bladestorm/dispatch almost guaranteed critical hit.

so to sum it up. you have used your armor bonus damage ability, you have used both of your bonus damage cooldowns, you have used your most powerful attack (which is a long cd to) then you use a finisher then another finisher followed by your execution. (and possibly uses a riposte attack)

this hits you for a grand total of 6(or 7) times (remember he is using every cooldown/bonus allowed) while you sit there without popping 1 defensive cooldown eating all the damage and you wonder why you die?

this isnt even including the expertise difference.

anyone who rages about getting 1 shot by master strike really needs to do some research.

after the first masterstrike the guardians dps becomes little more than average.

Nope you said tanks or dps classes with healers give you trouble and that we should not try and 1on1 a marauder. Sure you changed your tune in a later post but thats only because you realise that you just let the cat out of the bag.

You shouldn't try to 1 on 1 a Sent/Marauder if you do not know how to counter them and beat out their defensive CD's. Tanks and DPS/Tanks with healers give us trouble easily yes. Dunno how that invalidates my point, if anything it strengthens it. I've been in those fights. We can get easily destroyed by that combination of two man teamwork. PVP is all about teamwork anyway. But if you can't 1 v 1 you don't know how to play the game, simple as that.

Sorry, but I have to laugh about all the Marauders who defend their class in the forums.

"Don't 1v1 us"

"Bring a healer or tank"

"Just cc us after charge"

"Just cc us when we use ravage"

"Just cc us when we use speed"

"Just cc us when we use godmode"

"Just kite us"

"Try to get back to your team so someone can help you"

"Powertechs do even more damage then we do"

"We can't kill a guy who has a healer"

That's all what I see here. There are even guys who ask for a buff (i.e. "We need heavy armor because Juggernaut-dps also have", "We need guard, taunt, pull or knockback"). I know, those posts are mostly sarcastic, but I don't think all of them.

Have fun with your Marauder, see ya playing the next FOTM-class in 1.3. Maybe it will be PowerTech...or Sniper...or Operatives...But you will get nerfed to death.

Ok, switching to serious mode now.

The problem isn't their high damage. It's their high damage combined with their amazing def-cd's. That's just to much defense for a pure dps-class.

There is a reason why there are now 2x as many of them as pre-1.2 on my server.

I think you will get a nerf for one or some of your def-cd's.

Edited by iphobia

By your arguments, yes, you need 2 people to beat a Sentinel/Marauder. Because you clearly don't know how to counter us 1 v 1. And thats exactly the problem with PVP'ers in this game, like yourself. You don't know how to play.

Honestly you are tying yourself up in noughts you change your story every other post. But hey sure I don't how to play w/e, pointless insults that have no basis prove nothing.

Have fun with your Marauder, see ya playing the next FOTM-class in 1.3. Maybe it will be PowerTech...or Sniper...or Operatives...But you will get nerfed to death.

/tear

I love how the class has been virtually unchanged since the later stages of beta. Yet 1.2 AKA the DPS patch hits and it's the most overpowered class ever in a MMO.

Bad players! Bad players! Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the Marauder bad touches you?

Sorry, but I have to laugh about all the Marauders who defend their class in the forums.

"Don't 1v1 us"

"Bring a healer or tank"

"Just kite us"

That's all what I see here. There are even guys who ask for a buff (i.e. "We need heavy armor because Juggernaut-dps also have", "We need guard, taunt, pull or knockback"). I know, those posts are mostly sarcastic, but I don't think all of them.

I'm going to have the time of my life on these forums when 1.3 comes out and it turns out Maras are not nerfed. Then hopefully baddies will leave the game ad everyone else will keep having fun.

Honestly you are tying yourself up in noughts you change your story every other post. But hey sure I don't how to play w/e, pointless insults that have no basis prove nothing.

You still haven't answered the ultimate question. What class is your main?

I only changed my story once, and that was because I omitted something from my original post here. You also forget I'm replying to your brainless taunts as well as the OP who brought up the silly "Guarded is OP" rant.

"Don't 1v1 us"

"Bring a healer or tank"

"Just kite us"

LOL nice post very true. You really do have to laugh at their comments.

None of that matters. The only part that matters is that you play a Shadow, yet you're on the PvP forum starting threads to get other classes nerfed because they are OP. That's what matters. You are a bad player.

Something tells me you're bordering on being illiterate.

"Don't 1v1 us"

"Bring a healer or tank"

"Just kite us"

You brought up many ways to counter us, yet you claim its because we are OP. Okay.

When you actually attempt those methods to counter us in PVP, and succeed (because you likely will), then I may listen to you.

EDIT: Also, for the record, I am one who does not believe we need heavy armor. I am fine with medium armor, I honestly don't see the problem there. Probably bad Sents/Marauders whining about armor. Oh well.

Edited by redBadgers

I'm going to have the time of my life on these forums when 1.3 comes out and it turns out Maras are not nerfed. Then hopefully baddies will leave the game ad everyone else will keep having fun.

Didn't post everything, don't know why. Reread the post. First part was trolling, but search around on the forum, you will find every post I quoted.

Oh, sub is already cancelled and if that what I'm going to play today from 21:00 is as good as I expect it to be I won't resub.

Edited by iphobia

Something tells me you're bordering on being illiterate.

Lol @ questioning my literacy.

Your words wound me. But your lightsaber never could. Because you're not very good at this game. Shadows are just as good as Marauders. Learn how to play your own class imo. Good luck.

anyone who says a sentinel doesn't have way to many survivability options is either joking,trolling, or just dont understand what OP is.

when a pure dps has just as many defensive cooldowns as a tank something isnt right^^

im a guardian if that makes people think my opinion means more or less for some reason lol.

"Don't 1v1 us"

"Bring a healer or tank"

"Just kite us"

I'll probably roll a gunslinger and maximize their effectiveness - you know, play them correctly - and proceed to watch the cry babies call for their nerf.

I started out as a mando and hated scoundrel so much, that I rolled a scoundrel. They nerfed scoundrel so I went back to my mando. I knew mando was going to get nerfed so I rolled a sentinel. Now, I know sentinel is going to get nerfed, so I will just finish up my gunslinger, vanguard, sage or shadow. Probably gunslinger because, if played properly, they can destroy people before they even know what happened. It has happened to me, but I am not screaming for their nerf, hahaha. Maybe shadow, because they have destroyed me and have a nice pull that is useful. Not sure, but I do know whatever class it is, it will get nerfed.

So, if you are curious about what class is going to get nerfed after sentinals, just ask me what class I decided to play, lol. Because they are sure to get nerfed...

I didn't even notice that you asked, I play a sage.

Are you a healer or a DPS Sage? If you're a healer, your class just got overnerfed. Play with a tank.

If you're a DPS Sage, have someone teach you how to kite melee. I know a handful of Sages/Sorcs that are so good at 1v1. I'm serious. I know you'll discount this post as BS. But I guarantee that if you go to your class forums and start a thread called "How do I kill a Marauder?" you'll learn a few new tricks. Totally serious. /shrug

You brought up many ways to counter us, yet you claim its because we are OP. Okay.

When you actually attempt those methods to counter us in PVP, and succeed (because you likely will), then I may listen to you.

EDIT: Also, for the record, I am one who does not believe we need heavy armor. I am fine with medium armor, I honestly don't see the problem there. Probably bad Sents/Marauders whining about armor. Oh well.

Those methods are excactly what I try to do, and it's quite successful. Especially the 2v1-parts because I'm a sorc-healer so I won't kill anything anyway.

I have no problem outhealing/kiting some of the best marauders/sents of my server if they focus me and noone helps me. Vanguards/PT's are a much bigger problem for me.

But I see this all from the view of a dps wo gets into a 1on1 against a marauder/sent.

It's just ridiculous for me that you have to do some of the things I mentioned. For every class there should be at least a fair chance to beat a player of another class with the same amount of gear and skill.

Edited by iphobia

How can anyone think that a class with nearly the highest (or highest) DPS deserves an in combat stealth and a 6s 99% invuln? Jesus its like in AoC when the tanks dealt the most damage and could stealth, Maras literally have everything. Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

Okay this will be entertaining.

Mind explaining why you rest your case? Whatever your case may be, it changes so much I'm not even sure at this point.

Seems Sages and Sorcs are the ones that whine the most about Sents or Marauders or the other DPS classes that out DPS the Sages and Sorcs. Not saying that's your reasoning, mind you, but I've seen a lot of them.

You guys got way too many nerfs, for the record. I was livid when I saw the nerfs.

Edited by redBadgers