Dual Wield Blades

Pinkspawn

While the /agent legacy emote shows off two blades. I think one is enough. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding more close combat abilities though. A standard knife attack other than Shiv would be cool so we don't stand toe to toe with enemies shooting them in the face whilst getting hacked to pieces.

While the /agent legacy emote shows off two blades. I think one is enough. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding more close combat abilities though. A standard knife attack other than Shiv would be cool so we don't stand toe to toe with enemies shooting them in the face whilst getting hacked to pieces.

Yeah a knife-version of RS would be nice (free, low damage filler) - but when my melee abilities are on CD and I have no TA I rarely stay in melee range ... kiting out to 5 - 10m and back in again when Shiv / BS is off CD saves quite a lot of damage from other melee (and just generally annoys the hell out of them :) ). Just remember to keep Sever up, and if you're fighting a Jug/Mara and see them back-peddle, chase them or drop into cover because a charge is coming.

In PVE I stay in melee unless avoiding damage, and even then I try to strafe around the boss rather than run away when possible - so there the free knife attack would be pretty awesome. This might actually be a nice way to boost our damage slightly in PVE scenarios where we spend a little more time off-target than the other melee classes. Although personally I don't think we need it (or a gap closer), since as many have pointed out we are able to put out significantly more damage at range than the other Melee classes (OrbS / EP / CD / buffed Snipe / RS). RS alone is something like 600 DPS.

Some of you think I mean like not having a gun at all. That isn't what I meant. I mean giving you another blade for your melee attacks. You could still use your rifle, but you just had another weapon to stab people with.

Personally I think it'd be awesome.

Some of you think I mean like not having a gun at all. That isn't what I meant. I mean giving you another blade for your melee attacks. You could still use your rifle, but you just had another weapon to stab people with.

Personally I think it'd be awesome.

Where am I acquiring the third arm with which to use this weapon? :>

As much as two knifes would be semi cool i.e. reminds me of my assassin in EQ2 I actually don't think it fits in with the Star Wars theme. I know that sounds a bit cheesy but I do want some immersion.. light sabers were seen as outdated in Star Wars (of course not in the skilled hands etc etc ) but two knives??

Yes.. Yes.. I know no one could go invis in Star Wars either but two knives?!?! Mmm... doesn't "feel" right.

• 11 months later...
I would really appreciate them letting dual wield blades, for concealment oper's. No one is saying to not let you carry a rifle, but depending on your spec I think I should have the option to run with two blades. All they would have to do is add one instant attack w/ no CD to replace your rifle shot as a filler ability and keep the rest the same. COOMMMOONN DOO IT! My oper would probably become my fav class to play out of all my char's if they did this.

Personally I would rather our attacks look different then a boring animation of slashing with a blade. I love the scoundrel attacks because one is a shotgun, another is a punch, while all of ours are just hitting someone with a blade.

Like another poster stated I would love an attack that uses a bayonet for 2 reasons. 1) It would feel like our blaster rifle serves are purpose. 2) Our animations look different.

Since Concealment Operatives almost only use their knife, I have a suggestion.

Dual Wield Blades, so you can dual wield two knives and run around and stab people.

Thoughts?

Why? I don't see the point.

Where am I acquiring the third arm with which to use this weapon? :>

^ this. You're holding a rifle for your Overload Shots, Carbine Bursts, and any Snipes you may care to throw out there. It's easy enough to whip out a knife without dropping the rifle and use it, but two would be impossible.