Discussion Regarding April 27th, 2012 Maintenance

fushnchips

Every week 2 times a week at peak times we are losing 4hours of play and bioware can't even put a note what maintenance is required they are just lazy they know why the servers are going down now why can't they tell us before the work is done because we are all paying to play and when they do this on a Friday night when lots of people are off work it sucks.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you hear? PETA got on BWs case for only giving the hamsters one days rest and for under feeding them. So to avoid a rather large add campaign (featuring nude PETA supporting actresses), to bring attention to BW's cruelty to server hamsters, BW desided to hold an additional maintenance as required to give the hamsters a well deserved break!

:D

Every week 2 times a week at peak times we are losing 4hours of play and bioware can't even put a note what maintenance is required they are just lazy they know why the servers are going down now why can't they tell us before the work is done because we are all paying to play and when they do this on a Friday night when lots of people are off work it sucks.

The sticky at the top of the general forum where it clearly says "maintenance" isn't enough notification? We may be paying for the right to play this game, but Bioware has the right to take the game offline at any time they choose because they are the ones who control it. I'd rather have the game taken down for bug fixes multiple times a week than allow the bugs to keep screwing up my gaming experience.

The sticky at the top of the general forum where it clearly says "maintenance" isn't enough notification? We may be paying for the right to play this game, but Bioware has the right to take the game offline at any time they choose because they are the ones who control it. I'd rather have the game taken down for bug fixes multiple times a week than allow the bugs to keep screwing up my gaming experience.

But it would be nice to know what is going to be fixed right if they can take the time to write that why not put a little more on why instead of adding it later.

bets on the maintenance is to solve to spreading of the Rakghoul plague that for some reason they couldn't foresee it will forever spread due to one person can infect multiple players every time they blow up, and with pvp being the place where u die the most around other ppl, it cannot go away.

And who cares anyhow, makes me go to bed and get ready for 60 hours of GW2 this weekend. Redbull, pixie stix, caffeine pills and loads of Cheetos.

Good thing i took Monday off to cause i wont function after this

And I would fall off my chair if they put in Rated, but not bloody likely since the false inflation of servers due to afk farming of DNA has passed and WZ's are longer ques as it is.

what peak time? its the middle of the night for me.

bets on the maintenance is to solve to spreading of the Rakghoul plague that for some reason they couldn't foresee it will forever spread due to one person can infect multiple players every time they blow up, and with pvp being the place where u die the most around other ppl, it cannot go away.

And who cares anyhow, makes me go to bed and get ready for 60 hours of GW2 this weekend. Redbull, pixie stix, caffeine pills and loads of Cheetos.

Good thing i took Monday off to cause i wont function after this

And I would fall off my chair if they put in Rated, but not bloody likely since the false inflation of servers due to afk farming of DNA has passed and WZ's are longer ques as it is.

^This

You sir win this -----> Intwebs Oracle Award (IOA). :)

You do realize that when they DO "unscheduled maintenance", they warn you a full day beforehand on the forums and they usually end up fixing a giant issue that has sprung up.

For example, the fact that no one can spawn Nightmare Pilgrim is one of these issues.

Quit your whining because you can't play from 3 AM to 7 AM Eastern or whatever time you want to play.

well ya GW2 tomorrow... don't you think they are aware of it ?

that's why i bet for ranked warzones

have fun falling from your chair :)

To be honest, I'm GLAD there's another patch coming as hopefully it'll fix more of the bugs that have cropped up and refuse to go away.

A few hours of downtime for improvements to the game won't hurt anyone.

Edited by llesna

Maybe it has something to do with the gamebreaking bug that somebody made a thread about an hour that mysteriously disappeared. Probably keeping it on the downlow because of the exploiters. Then again I might just need a tinfoil hat. Edited by Lugosi

what peak time? its the middle of the night for me.

oh i thought its a post from developer cause im sure they think exactly the same

what peak time we re doing it in middle of night!!!

oh wait we got european players ? who cares

well ya GW2 tomorrow... don't you think they are aware of it ?

that's why i bet for ranked warzones

have fun falling from your chair :)

I already have to chose between GW2 BWE and going to Comicon in my city, Calgary AB, Canada.

And btw at the comicon there is the first time in 20+ years the original cast of TNG will be at a convention together. As well as personal appearance by Stan Lee and Adam West Calgary Comicon

I already have sunday to go there.

And with state of PvP unbalance they would be fools to put in ranked wz's, so my bets are on plague fix and no ranked wz's

I can't wait to see the patch notes. It's like a mini-game trying to figure out which ones were actually implemented, which ones are just wrong, and which ones are flat out false.

Rumour has is all those new Taun Taun Pets will be turned into Pandas. :eek:

Rumour has is all those new Taun Taun Pets will be turned into Pokemon. :eek:
- Fixed

Taun Taun I chose you

Rakghoul has been defeated

Can you find the 7 masters and battle them for your badges

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.