So, when is this mara/sent nerf coming then?

Bloodtau

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of any class being nerfed, and never have been against any class in this game. Everything you do this kind of thing, it causes more problems that it solves. Return classes to pre 1.2 values, and still apply the same buffs the sentinels and warriors were to have in 1.2 anyway. The nerfs on other classes were totally un fair to those people playing them, such as Seers/sages, and Sorcerers. plus this extends to other healer classes too I expect.

Either that, or make further adjustments to the expertise system, or in fact scrap expertise entirely. I think we all deep down, want a fair and even game, this is not an arcade game where you 1 or 2 shot some thing. This is what 1.2 has reduced war zones down to.

Edited by dronepilot

I play a Sage, valor 83, and PVP most evenings. In my opinion a nerf to Marauders/Sentinels is not justified.

So many people called for a large nerf to Sorc/Sage healers and, not surprisingly, we were. I will not call for the same to other classes. The best players used to be able to shut my healing down pre 1.2 with little problem. Likewise, the best players are having little trouble with Marauders/Sentinels now.

I simply do not understand why people run and complain to Bioware about class balance before trying to use new strategies to deal with the class they think is unbalanced.

No he's not the voice of the few but the voice of the majority, Sith Marauders and Jedi Sentinels are overpowered even if you refuse to admit it and they will be nerfed soon, Vox Populi Vox Dei!

You really think the people on these forums are the majority!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Haven't you ever heard the phrase that the minority barks the loudest?

Entertaining defensiveness by obvious marauders in this thread.

Lets see what tools marauders have...

Choke

Charge

Undying rage

Temporary invisibility

Bloodlust

Mortal strike

Interrupt on a ridiculiusly low cd

Im sure im missing a few. Sorry if some of the lingo doesnt match.

Theres no other class in the game with a skillset that even remotely compares to this. And there is no cost for having this. Their dps is still on par with classes that have many less options.

The nerfbat is coming. If your main is a marauder you shouldnt be tellng people to L2P, you should be begging bioware to not over nerf you. Aka the merc treatment

Edited by JustTray

Choke

Charge

Undying rage

Temporary invisibility

Bloodlust

Mortal strike

Theres no other class in the game with a skillset that even remotely compares to this. And there is no cost for having this. Their dps is still on par with classes that have many less options.

The nerfbat is coming. If your main is a marauder you shouldnt be tellng people to L2P, you should be begging bioware to not over nerf you. Aka the merc treatment

Notice how at least half the skills you listed are also available to Juggernauts. GG knowing classes.

Notice how at least half the skills you listed are also available to Juggernauts. GG knowing classes.

yeah, and juggs are bad too, they just dont have the offensive output of maras.

also, the worst offenders are mara only. namely undying rage and combat cloak.

yeah, and juggs are bad too, they just dont have the offensive output of maras.

also, the worst offenders are mara only. namely undying rage and combat cloak.

Yeah man, a whole 4 seconds of stealth and 5 seconds of 99% damage reduction when I can still be kited/CC'd is soooo hard to beat...lol. so many bads QQing a class that's been virtually untouched since launch. 1.2 was just an attempt to make 2 specs viable but really it nerfed the most viable spec. And buffs to Master Strike/Ravage don't count, it wasn't a Sent/Mara only buff. And it's ONE talent.

Choke

Charge

Undying rage

Temporary invisibility

Bloodlust

Mortal strike

Quoted for speaking the truth! :csw_yoda:

This thread was enlightening to me.

I had zero idea a marauder did no damage without their defensive cooldowns. Clearly there must be some hidden ability modifer in there that creates this damage for them when they pop it. Next time our main guild mara gets a 7K+ Ravage crit on the third hit I'll be sure to ask him which defensive cooldown he used to achieve such a good number.

Choke

Charge

Undying rage

Temporary invisibility

Bloodlust

Mortal strike

Wow your class has less than 7 abilities? Must be a lot of empty hotkeys, but hey at least the skill trainer is super cheap.

Wow your class has less than 7 abilities? Must be a lot of empty hotkeys, but hey at least the skill trainer is super cheap.

i think this explains where the problem is, to all the ppl complaining; you need to find your ac trainer where you can buy new skills for credits. hah all this fuss easily fixed :D

I can't wait for the nerf personally. I assume when they nerf our DPS, which is the only thing we can do, they will be adding all the other stuff we can't do. Right?

I got dibs on the first healing-stealthing-ranged-tanking Marauder! Gonna be sweet.

tbh i doubt they will nerf maras, they are not populous enough for it. They would definately nerf sins if not for the fact this game needs tanks and for better or worse the success of sin tanks mean more tanks for ppl to fp with.

possibility of a slight buff to mercs as they are gradually becoming scarcer. who knows maybe even more buffs to sniper if more ppl dont start playing them.

on top of this of course they still need to nerf ops as, well otherwise it wouldnt be a proper patch would it, lol that never gets old :D

Bottom line is players who have marauders have been used to playing a super squishy class since the start and now that everyone is a bit more squishy the whining has increased... sorry to rain on the parade but the better player always wins regardless of class perhaps more time playing and less time crying on forums would serve everyone quite well

Sure give the same gear on both and same skill level a mara/sent comes on top 9/10 times against other classes. Go on enjoy your fotm spot.

Seriously thou it´s not their dps that needs to be toned down it´s the defensive cds. Think about ops/scoundrels they have the same gear but they have to survive on vanish and 3sec dodge and stealth is somewhat bugged atm or atleast it´s very easy to spot stealthguys.

Sure give the same gear on both and same skill level a mara/sent comes on top 9/10 times against other classes. Go on enjoy your fotm spot.

Seriously thou it´s not their dps that needs to be toned down it´s the defensive cds. Think about ops/scoundrels they have the same gear but they have to survive on vanish and 3sec dodge and stealth is somewhat bugged atm or atleast it´s very easy to spot stealthguys.

ops/scoundrels have as you point out stealth and self heals. The also have a higher number of range abilities, you cannot totally shut down an op by rooting them, but a rooted mara with no one in mele range is the defintiion of a sitting duck

LOL comparing 2 totally different class archetypes. GG.

I had zero idea a marauder did no damage without their defensive cooldowns. Clearly there must be some hidden ability modifer in there that creates this damage for them when they pop it. Next time our main guild mara gets a 7K+ Ravage crit on the third hit I'll be sure to ask him which defensive cooldown he used to achieve such a good number.

Yeah i think i know that cool down

its called "squishy fresh 50 in greens with no expertise"

PVE gear in general in pvp in 1.2 is a bit nono i hit a full rakata gunslinger for 5.2k with my expertise adrenal up.. reason.. no expertise!

Edited by AngusFTW

Yep all warriors are op atm, just marauders the most.

I have a 50 jugg in additiion to merc and sin. Probably played more on any one of my characters than you have in totality. To say that i dont know jugg abilties is vastly ignorant at best.

Bascially, you just got pwned.

haha this is why I love Exphyrl. I noticed they left your reply alone. I was hoping the Mara Trolls would attempt to tear this reply apart, but that would just prove how bad most of them are currently.

Mara's pre 1.2 were fine. They were glass cannons and a dps race to kill before you got killed. They were judged as a killing machine if not checked. Essentially they were snipers in melee. The good players (those of you not screaming L2P) were monsters that could take you down very quickly. The bad ones died easily, quickly, and with no chance of recourse.

I find it funny, that Mara/Sent defenders, love to use the JUST CC us during our God Mode Iwin button. Right because I shouldn't cc you at all during your massacare half my health part, and you have no ability to break out of that CC right. Oh, and since you are a mara no one ever fills up your resolve bar ever. Right??

When I can win the battle and take you down to 10 percent when I am at 60 percent, and you pop God Mode, and I still lose something is seriously wrong with your class. No other class can end up with a win when sitting at 10 percent health fighting face to face with a guy at 60 percent. For everyone else, it's either run away or die fighting, for a marauder it's time to pop the iwin button.

Any Marauder who wastes his CC breaker early in a fight is a bad one.

Here is the breakdown of Mara/Sent and the main reason we are angry as a community.

Pre-1.2: Good Mara's were a dps race, and great ones were very very hard to kill. Bad Mara's were steamrolled like chicken soup, and never got a chance.

Post 1.2: Good Mara's are impossible to kill 1v1, and great ones well they go 2 v 1 and win often. Bad Mara's still die, but they take half your heatlh in the process.

The great Mara's on my server joke about how fast they can kill equally geared players 1v1. You can kill a Mara, if he is horrible, and/or he doesn't see you coming. I know two top notch Mara's who rerolled because they felt the class had gotten two easy.

Truthfully, I find Juggs to be way more irritating with their 15 million stuns (yes I am exaggerating), but Mara's are a complete disaster on the field. They destroy everyone, and have no counter except a perfectly played Assassin Tank.

Don't worry we all know that it's only about 10 Marauders who think they don't need some sort of a nerf. The rest of the Marauder and pvp world knows how to play and realizes how bad it is right now. It's the same 10 guys screaming about how horrible everyone else must be and how great they are. It's amazing how they weren't saying they were great pre-1.2. Suddenly they went from getting farmed every time to killing everyone on sight so it must be balanced.

So to you 10 Mara lovers please keep posting because we now realize you need to l2p more than anyone else.

I have a 50 jugg in additiion to merc and sin. Probably played more on any one of my characters than you have in totality. To say that i dont know jugg abilties is vastly ignorant at best.

I know a lot of people who know all their class's abilities and very, very few people who know how to use them well. I know people who are in full BM gear and have been playing the same character since Early Access who are just downright terrible when it comes to PvP.

Yeah i think i know that cool down

its called "squishy fresh 50 in greens with no expertise"

PVE gear in general in pvp in 1.2 is a bit nono i hit a full rakata gunslinger for 5.2k with my expertise adrenal up.. reason.. no expertise!

You are completely misguided. Your iwin button guarantees you 5 seconds of free attacks on anyone. If you wasted your CC breaker before that point than you are horrible. The rest of us have to sit and watch you take 10k of life off us while we are trying to break 500 heatlh off you. If you can't figure it out, that's your problem.

I have a 50 GS in addition to a Guardian and Sentinel. Probably played more on any one of my characters than you have in total. To say you know what you're talking about is vastly ignorant at best

Basically, you just got pwned.

See how easy you make it for me?