[bug] Crafted battlemaster

xenofire

Battlemaster only requires 50 valor, but crafted battlemaster gear requires valor 60.

This isn't a bug.

First, since patch 1.2 Battlemaster has no valor requirement.

Second, before the patch it required valor level 60, not 50.

Finally, for some reason they just want the crafted stuff to have a valor requirement. It's intentional. Now, you may disagree with that and that's a perfectly valid opinion, but it's not a bug.

If there is nothing in the patch notes stating that crafted battlemaster armor has a valor requirement while normal battlemaster armor does not there is no way to tell whether or not this is intentional. Considering the devs have had two weeks to make some sort of a statement on the matter it probably should be handled via CS through a bug report.

If there is nothing in the patch notes stating that crafted battlemaster armor has a valor requirement while normal battlemaster armor does not there is no way to tell whether or not this is intentional. Considering the devs have had two weeks to make some sort of a statement on the matter it probably should be handled via CS through a bug report.

It may not be the patch notes, but close enough: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3821341

It is worth noting that these crafted appearances will require the player to have Valor Rank 60 (Battlemaster) or 70 (War Hero) to equip.

Battlemaster Gear, as of 1.2, no longer requires a 60 Valor rating and is acquired straight through Warzone commendations at the Battlemaster PvP vendor on the fleet.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Its incredibly annoying and overall really poor design that gives pvpers such a major advantage in pve. The advantage is that pvpers get augmented boots and gloves immediately while pve'ers will have to spend a very long time waiting for crit crafted campaign gear that's significantly more expensive. Its a really bad idea given the scarcity of grade 8 mats to try and crit gloves and boots, especially when you can get the pvp versions so easily. This means I have to force my raiders to grind out 60 valor prior to nightmare mode, which isn't going to make them happy with this design... =p Edited by xenofire

Its incredibly annoying and overall really poor design that gives pvpers such a major advantage in pve. The advantage is that pvpers get augmented boots and gloves immediately while pve'ers will have to spend a very long time waiting for crit crafted campaign gear that's significantly more expensive. Its a really bad idea given the scarcity of grade 8 mats to try and crit gloves and boots, especially when you can get the pvp versions so easily. This means I have to force my raiders to grind out 60 valor prior to nightmare mode, which isn't going to make them happy with this design... =p

PvP'ers don't get them "immediately", they have to attain valor rank 60/70 first. This can take a pretty long time. If all you did was pvping compared to someone only pveing I think the time required wouldn't be even so much different. Pvping would still be faster, but not much faster.

PvP'ers don't get them "immediately", they have to attain valor rank 60/70 first. This can take a pretty long time. If all you did was pvping compared to someone only pveing I think the time required wouldn't be even so much different. Pvping would still be faster, but not much faster.

People have been so bored for the last few months with nothing better to do, that anyone who is a pvper is easily rank 60. There are guys in my guild who only pvp occasionally on the weekend who are over 60 valor from it. The fact remains, people who like to pvp have a distinct pve advantage, and that's a poor design decision, so now the 4 or 5 of my raiders who don't like to pvp, I have to force to grind to 60 valor so we'll be ready for nightmare mode.

Its incredibly annoying and overall really poor design that gives pvpers such a major advantage in pve. The advantage is that pvpers get augmented boots and gloves immediately while pve'ers will have to spend a very long time waiting for crit crafted campaign gear that's significantly more expensive. Its a really bad idea given the scarcity of grade 8 mats to try and crit gloves and boots, especially when you can get the pvp versions so easily. This means I have to force my raiders to grind out 60 valor prior to nightmare mode, which isn't going to make them happy with this design... =p

UH what??!!

You dont get augmented armor just for PvP... you have to craft that gear and pray to George Lucas that it crits with an augment slot... just like you do with crafted PvE gear, its exactly the same, no better or worse. You do realize that you can crit craft moddable orange PvE gear VERY easily if youre making low level items right? I can make a full set of moddable augmented gear pretty quick, now the low level stuff doesnt "look" as good, but its about the stats ot the looks.

Edited by JediKalel

UH what??!!

You dont get augmented armor just for PvP... you have to craft that gear and pray to George Lucas that it crits with an augment slot... just like you do with crafted PvE gear, its exactly the same, no better or worse. You do realize that you can crit craft moddable orange PvE gear VERY easily if youre making low level items right? I can make a full set of moddable augmented gear pretty quick, now the low level stuff doesnt "look" as good, but its about the stats ot the looks.

Wrong my friend, there aren't gloves or boots that you can crit craft except campaign gear. There's a rather unlimited supply of mats used for crafting BM gear, so you can guarantee you get the crit crafted piece it just may take awhile.

The campaign gear is still needed as an upgrade for many players, so we can't just take it and DE it. Additionally, the mats required to craft the campaign gear are rediculous compared to the BM gear. In fact it's the same epics you need to craft other things, so we simply can't use those because we're too busy crafting other meaningful things with them like trinkets, implants, ear pieces, offhands-- you know, things you can't get from pvp.

Edited by xenofire

Wrong my friend, there aren't gloves or boots that you can crit craft except campaign gear. There's a rather unlimited supply of mats used for crafting BM gear, so you can guarantee you get the crit crafted piece it just may take awhile.

The campaign gear is still needed as an upgrade for many players, so we can't just take it and DE it. Additionally, the mats required to craft the campaign gear are rediculous compared to the BM gear. In fact it's the same epics you need to craft other things, so we simply can't use those because we're too busy crafting other meaningful things with them like trinkets, implants, ear pieces, offhands-- you know, things you can't get from pvp.

i got my BH gloves pattern for tank assassin on my alt the first try of reing it. next ill work on the boots.

i got my BH gloves pattern for tank assassin on my alt the first try of reing it. next ill work on the boots.

You're missing the point. When you need to crit craft the campaign gear, you have to waste materials you could use for far better purposes. Why waste grade 8 mats crit crafting gloves or boots when you can get the PVP ones for essentially only credits. You need to crit craft every single piece of gear you have for every single raider using those grade 8 mats, to waste them on campaign gear is not intelligent.

When I made my raid all switch to biochem, bioware changed it. I'm just letting you know Bioware that I'm forcing my raid to grind out 60 valor. You should change it too, preferably before we finish, I have some really unhappy raiders... And they're not unhappy with me, my goal is min max, they're unhappy with the design decision because it's inconsistent.

You're missing the point. When you need to crit craft the campaign gear, you have to waste materials you could use for far better purposes. Why waste grade 8 mats crit crafting gloves or boots when you can get the PVP ones for essentially only credits. You need to crit craft every single piece of gear you have for every single raider using those grade 8 mats, to waste them on campaign gear is not intelligent.

When I made my raid all switch to biochem, bioware changed it. I'm just letting you know Bioware that I'm forcing my raid to grind out 60 valor. You should change it too, preferably before we finish, I have some really unhappy raiders... And they're not unhappy with me, my goal is min max, they're unhappy with the design decision because it's inconsistent.

you do know its very simple to get those mats right???? you can do your space mission dailies and get Grade 8 box off the vendor. Ive already leveled biochem to 400 made my implants augmented dropped biochem leveld up cyber tech made my ear. Ive gotten 1 200 daily commendation relic RE'ed and working now on getting that augmented. By my self not using mats from the raids. i have a couple 50s and i just do my space mission dailies every day.

you do know its very simple to get those mats right???? you can do your space mission dailies and get Grade 8 box off the vendor. Ive already leveled biochem to 400 made my implants augmented dropped biochem leveld up cyber tech made my ear. Ive gotten 1 200 daily commendation relic RE'ed and working now on getting that augmented. By my self not using mats from the raids. i have a couple 50s and i just do my space mission dailies every day.

Again, you're missing the point. It's a waste to use those mats on any campaign pieces that you can craft through PVP until you've crit crafted every other piece of gear for every other raider. Our raiders do their space missions and deposit the crafting mats in the guild bank. When we no longer need the stuff we're crafting besides crit crafted, we'll start selling the non crit crafted on the GTN and then using the money to pay for peoples repairs and mod moving.

To min max at this stage, it requires an unfortunate community effort, made even worse by the fact that we all have to PVP to 60.

How does having augmented gloves and boots help PvP'ers in PvE? Because they can put all those PvP modifications in their new gear? They would have to PvE to get PvE items to rip PvE mods out that are worth a crap (lvl 58 or above) to make them on par with the PvE gear in PvE situations. Unless you are angry they could possibly take their expertise stats in to raids and still do less than a geared PvE'er could in full Rakata.

How does having augmented gloves and boots help PvP'ers in PvE? Because they can put all those PvP modifications in their new gear? They would have to PvE to get PvE items to rip PvE mods out that are worth a crap (lvl 58 or above) to make them on par with the PvE gear in PvE situations. Unless you are angry they could possibly take their expertise stats in to raids and still do less than a geared PvE'er could in full Rakata.

When you crit craft the PVP gear, it's only a shell. You take all your mods out of PVE gear and put them in your shell, and then you have an augment slot in addition.

When you crit craft the PVP gear, it's only a shell. You take all your mods out of PVE gear and put them in your shell, and then you have an augment slot in addition.

I understand that thus why I called it "augmented" gear. Your original post was arguing that PvP'er somehow had an advantage in PvE because of this. It is simply not true. Can they get augmented gloves and boots easier? Sure. What modifications are they going to put in them. Remember these are pvp'ers not raiders. So if they are pvp'ers they are not going to have any campaign gear to rip the armoring, mod, or enhancement out of to put in to their augmented Battlemaster gear. They can either put War Hero modifications or Battlemaster modifications in their augmented PvP gear. Both of which are far inferior to even non augmented Campaign gear when it comes to PvE due to the heavy allotment of expertise in both sets. So while the augmented pieces may be easier for PvP'ers to obtain, they still have to participate in the new raid to get any sort of chance at getting campaign gear to take the mods out of. Even more so they would have to get either the boots or gloves because the armoring can only be put in to a like slot.

So either way you look at it a PvP'er would have to PvE to get the modifications out of the Campaign gear, or a PvE'er will have to PvP to have access to the augmented gloves and boots more "easily" as you say. Either way I don't think one has an advantage over the other.

Again, you're missing the point. It's a waste to use those mats on any campaign pieces that you can craft through PVP until you've crit crafted every other piece of gear for every other raider. Our raiders do their space missions and deposit the crafting mats in the guild bank. When we no longer need the stuff we're crafting besides crit crafted, we'll start selling the non crit crafted on the GTN and then using the money to pay for peoples repairs and mod moving.

To min max at this stage, it requires an unfortunate community effort, made even worse by the fact that we all have to PVP to 60.

I think you are missing the point what is more time effective? Reing and crafting some stuff or grinding 1 to 60 valor just for augmented boots and gloves? I think it would be faster to just re and craft the gloves and boots. then use orange crafted gear for the rest. I mean hell i got my glove pattern on the first try and took me 3 crafts to crit my gloves 3 crafts is 4 days of space dailies. Im pretty sure it takes a whole hell of alot long to go 1 to 60 valor.

I think you are missing the point what is more time effective? Reing and crafting some stuff or grinding 1 to 60 valor just for augmented boots and gloves? I think it would be faster to just re and craft the gloves and boots. then use orange crafted gear for the rest. I mean hell i got my glove pattern on the first try and took me 3 crafts to crit my gloves 3 crafts is 4 days of space dailies. Im pretty sure it takes a whole hell of alot long to go 1 to 60 valor.

Why would you try and crit craft gloves campaign? You're wasting good resources you could be using on other things like relics, implants, offhands/focus, ear pieces... You have a limited supply of grade 8 materials, you should only use them on other things that are limited in supply.

Gloves and feet are not limited by supply, only by valor and time. Thus, you have an unlimited attempts at crafting them, so the only logical way to min max all your materials is for all your raiders to get to 60 valor.

There are only a few in my 16 man that are not 60 valor yet, will probably have finished grinding it out for everyone before the weekend is over, and everyone will have gloves/boots, in a matter of days. It's just irritating that we have to do it this way.

The reason PVPers have an advantage in PVE is because they have a guaranteed set of boots and gloves (guaranteed because the only stipulation is time spent, no lockout restrictions). Level 58 mods are a joke to get, and so are level 61.

Wait a second here. You have to PvP in order to wear PvP gear? Go figure!

The ability to wear crafted battle master and war hero gear is a reward for attaining those ranks through PvP. I don't do much, if any, PvE, and at the moment, couldn't care less about campaign gear. What I gather is that to get PvE gear, I will need to *gasp* PvE! Oh my stars!

Wait a second here. You have to PvP in order to wear PvP gear? Go figure!

The ability to wear crafted battle master and war hero gear is a reward for attaining those ranks through PvP. I don't do much, if any, PvE, and at the moment, couldn't care less about campaign gear. What I gather is that to get PvE gear, I will need to *gasp* PvE! Oh my stars!

Well here's a problem for a few of us. Take my situation for example.

Right now, my Guild is still doing story mode Denova. Granted, I hope that changes on Tuesday, but we'll see. However in the mean time we're doing story mode, so the only Black Hole gear we're getting at the moment is through commendations. I'm a Marauder, and I'm a Biochem. So there's a few problems with that. The first, is that I have to rely on someone else to RE the pieces that I need. The second, is for them to do that I would need them to spend their commendations to buy something I need. The third, is that if the first two requirements I need are fulfilled, it's not even a 100% chance that they'll learn the schematic for the piece I need.

So unfortunately, for me, a PvE'er, I'm stuck with having to PvP for pieces that I need so I can min/max to carry the other people that're holding us back form hard modes.