5% Increase in Ambush? Wat?

whitescorpion

This was def needed for pve, but not so much pvp as they keep increasing dmg to just about every class... It is indeed getting out of hand.

This benefits Marksman snipers.

Marksman snipers = PvE players too lazy to respec lethality for few times a week they PvP.

Again, learn to play dude.

Edited by Kurfer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BIOWARE = TOTAL FAIL .....

This is not a balanced pvp. This is not a roll game, this the biggest fail i see in the MMORPG games.

So please, the director of this game need a new crew to work :) or he need to close this fail game bacause one day the most freak player of this game gonna kill SR. game director ....

Since Gunslinger/Sniper are pure DPS they figured they may as well give them DPS that is not the worst in the game.

It was this or nerf everyone else. It's also a 'baby step' so it probably will not be enough to make a sniper worth inviting to your PvP team.

The total damage increase in WZ's will be greater than a flat 5% since the 5% increase applies to the base damage of Ambush. Factor in that their surge rating and expertise damage bonuses will be increasing its damage (which is now a higher value) so you'll be getting hit for more than just a 5% increase compared to what it was before, which is unfortunate, I suppose.

THIS is what is the issue, not snipers / maurader / sents... its BW's thinking that EVERYONE needs a dmg increase.... if everyone gets 5% dmg increase, say there are 8 snipers on one team, that is 40% dmg increase, not just 5! Or say 8 mauraders, that is almost 190% increase... this is worrisome ;s

I think some people need to go back to remedial math...

A 5% boost to base damage translates into exactly a 5% boost to crit damage.

A 5% boost to 1000 players is still a 5% boost overall (assuming all 1000 players get the boost).

All of this "a 5% boost to X is really a (5*N)% boost because some things do X*N damage" BS is just ridiculous. No wonder there aren't enough scientists and engineers.

LOL, Full BM with 2 WH pcs here and some snipers still hit me for 6k+ with Ambush. This game is just getting out of hand with all the dmg in wz's.... nothing against snipers, they are one of the easier classes to kill, just BW is going about it all wrong in fixing pvp....

Screen shots or it didn't happen. Maybe with probe plus ambush, but that would be 2 abilities hitting you at the same time.

This benefits Marksman snipers.

Marksman snipers = PvE players too lazy to respec lethality for few times a week they PvP.

Again, learn to play dude.

<.< Um no disrespect, but my Sniper is a lvl 50 MM spec, and murders in PvP just fine. Has it got it's weak points, hell yes. Has it got it's strengths? Hell yes!

>.> That being said, a 5% increase to a few skills isn't worth Q.Q'ing about until Sniper is FoTM. The likely hood of actually fighting a sniper like me in Pvp is slim... we're kinda a rare breed, ya know?

<.< Um no disrespect, but my Sniper is a lvl 50 MM spec, and murders in PvP just fine. Has it got it's weak points, hell yes. Has it got it's strengths? Hell yes!

>.> That being said, a 5% increase to a few skills isn't worth Q.Q'ing about until Sniper is FoTM. The likely hood of actually fighting a sniper like me in Pvp is slim... we're kinda a rare breed, ya know?

Shhh..... Don't get us nerfed bro : )

I think some people need to go back to remedial math...

A 5% boost to base damage translates into exactly a 5% boost to crit damage.

A 5% boost to 1000 players is still a 5% boost overall (assuming all 1000 players get the boost).

All of this "a 5% boost to X is really a (5*N)% boost because some things do X*N damage" BS is just ridiculous. No wonder there aren't enough scientists and engineers.

Technically I was trying to point out the overall dps buff that results from base damage value changes, which has significant impact since most of the skills they boosted already had high base damage values. Which further gets compounded when you factor in trinkets, adrenals, buffs, expertise + power + crit/surge and even alacrity. After yesterday's patch, I've been seeing one sniper's total damage values at the end of a warzone jump from what used to be 280k all the way up to 416k (149% total increase in damage by comparison). Yes the total change in damage values for the skills is always 5% but DPS increase is far more significant (in pvp, at least).

Had a handful of sniper/slingers in the WZ's last night due to the patch changes, most of them weren't a problem on either my merc, operative or assassin, I can remember only 2 of them being a pain in the butt but other than that on my assassin I can just stealth and distract them and they go down easy.

After pvping heavily yesterday I can honestly say that Snipers/Gunslingers still aren't anywhere near being OP'd. They're still just as squishy as ever but you can't simply ignore them while you take out healers and other squishies while they're shooting at you unless you actually want to notice your health dropping now =p. This was a much needed change and I even saw quite a few new hybrid Ops/Scoundrel healers (they're actually ranged + heals) and they go into cover quite a bit. Their burst damage isn't nearly as good as the melee/heal spec, but I saw some of them putting up more total WZ damage (more of a matter of dps) than the melee/heals hybrid typically does and they're certainly tougher to kill for many classes than the melee hybrids due to the playstyle.

Try a sniper or GS ... You will stop worying about them being OP very quickly.

this x100

Seriously, when I wanted to check why maras/sentinels ripping me appart I rolled one and now I know. How many of you crybabies really played MM Sniper or SS Gunslinger? Because only those specs recieved this 5% boost.

Also I am amazed by some ppls sense of math... 5% is 5%, not like some claim 8 * 5% is 190% LOL. Besides 8 snipers in one WZ hitting you would still mean 5% more damage recieved.

Kidding me right BW?

So this game might as well be called zergfest 101 between sniper/maurader/sent's!

I'm not a sniper. I'm happy for them. QQ moar, stop being bad. If people like you spent half the time getting better that you do crying about other classes, you'd never have to post your e-tears on here.

So we as pvprs should get 2 shotted? One by Master Strike/Ravage and the other shot from Ambush? laff

masterstrike/ravage is 3 shots by itself, it's channeled, and can be avoided by tools every single ac has in their inventory (including walking away from it)

THIS is what is the issue, not snipers / maurader / sents... its BW's thinking that EVERYONE needs a dmg increase.... if everyone gets 5% dmg increase, say there are 8 snipers on one team, that is 40% dmg increase, not just 5! Or say 8 mauraders, that is almost 190% increase... this is worrisome ;s

You're looking at it all wrong. It is a potential 5% increase when that ability is used which might be about 1/16 of the actual play time.